Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Nothing there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Could see the offer live on Amazon for almost 10mins but couldn’t ask to basket.

Digital went live after and couldn’t get one into basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

Does anyone know if you need to pay tax/import levy when buying a ps5 from Amazon UK? I would think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

muddypuppy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you need to pay tax/import levy when buying a ps5 from Amazon UK? I would think so.

You do, but it was available on Amazon France too earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

damienf1 wrote: »
    So currys took my name and number is it just waiting game now? Any ideas when there coming in or just taking everyone's name... could be big list

Can anyone answer this please?

Currys Navan took my name/number last Thursday, I hear they were taking more names yesterday I think. Ive not heard a peep yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

The other half was passing Curry's in Dundalk. I asked her to go in and put my name down, the guy took full payment and said to expect a call this week.

Feck, they didnt take payment in Navan from me. I guess Im not on a list so. Square one hello again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Just saw a woman walking out of Letterkenny Argos with a PS5 in her arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Never mind, I was not correct.

• Advertisement

Very little. Amazon take the UK VAT off and charge you the Irish rate instead. It ends up being more expensive, but we're talking maybe €25 or so in the difference

Is there not a customs fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I hadn't thought it was much, but sorry, you're right. I just added a TV that cost £429 into my basked and they did take the UK vat off, but the tax and customs charges brought it up to £493. That's a pretty big jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

My two friends who paid in full last Saturday in Jervis collected their PS5s today. Just follow the guy on Twitter you'll be sorted soon. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 liaml04

madalig12 wrote: »
    Just saw a woman walking out of Letterkenny Argos with a PS5 in her arms.

For cert!? Wonder how, nothing on the site & I dont think you can just walk in and request?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

liaml04 wrote: »
    For cert!? Wonder how, nothing on the site & I dont think you can just walk in and request?

100% sure. No idea how she did it

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

I hadn't thought it was much, but sorry, you're right. I just added a TV that cost £429 into my basked and they did take the UK vat off, but the tax and customs charges brought it up to £493. That's a pretty big jump.

Yeah, that's why I was asking. You need to add Custom Duty on all orders above 150 euros, but exactly how much depends on a lot of factors so I was hoping that it was 0% (or something very small) for playstations :)

https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/buying-of-goods-online-for-personal-use/buying-goods-from-outside-the-eu.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

Yeah, that's why I was asking. You need to add Custom Duty on all orders above 150 euros, but exactly how much depends on a lot of factors so I was hoping that it was 0% (or something very small) for playstations :)

https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/buying-of-goods-online-for-personal-use/buying-goods-from-outside-the-eu.aspx

Just searched the taric code for a games console and customs duty for a games console coming from the UK is 0% so should only be slightly more expensive than UK price due only to higher VAT rate in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 2020Con2020

Are Currys still accepting names? , carrickmines or airside?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Becareful ordering from AMAZON.CO.UK - my PS5 was "lost " by the carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Becareful ordering from AMAZON.CO.UK - my PS5 was "lost " by the carrier.

Did you get a full refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Currys Jervis have my order that I made and paid for yesterday in stock ready for collection! Was nice knowing yis! cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

Currys Carrickmines just got 98 ps5s in. Just here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

thegame wrote: »
    Currys Carrickmines just got 98 ps5s in. Just here now.

Is there a queue?

safc_pete wrote: »
    Is there a queue?

Only 3 in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 2020Con2020

Are they reserved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Are they reserved?

No. I just walked in. They got a pallet of 98 in about 40mins ago. Disc only no digital

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Any currys in cork have stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

Got sorted in Carrickmines thanks for the heads up. There were about five ahead of me in the queue when I arrived but it was around the corner by the time I was leaving.

Best of luck to everyone in their search!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

safc_pete wrote: »
    Got sorted in Carrickmines thanks for the heads up. There were about five ahead of me in the queue when I arrived but it was around the corner by the time I was leaving.

Best of luck to everyone in their search!

Glad you got sorted but Curry's are being absolute numbnuts encouraging this behaviour.

Advertisement