Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭damienf1

madalig12 wrote: »
    Just saw a woman walking out of Letterkenny Argos with a PS5 in her arms.

You definitely thought you saw someone. I asked and said only on website

Glad you got sorted but Curry's are being absolute numbnuts encouraging this behaviour.

It's the Gardai's fault for not addressing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Littlewoods lasted about 40 seconds I reckon just a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I think that's nonsense tbh, the blame is solely with Curry's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

RossieMan wrote: »

There was over 1100 watching the page. Demand is still massive. The ps5 Twitter account is a blessing and a curse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruamar

H

The Gardai dispersed the queue a couple of times, people were also purchasing other items. Once Currys had sold their quota most people queuing for PS5s left once they put their names down

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

RossieMan wrote: »

I managed to get one in my cart, but the price went up to 599. I'm not sure if it's because they defaulted to a bundle or something, but if I'm not going to pay extra to scalpers I'm not going to pay extra to a shop.
    Hopefully the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

There was over 1100 watching the page. Demand is still massive. The ps5 Twitter account is a blessing and a curse.

Would you mind sharing what Twitter account you are referring too ? Cheers

bdmc5 wrote: »

I assume he's talking about https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

bdmc5 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland/status/1362017719395225606?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Northernlily

2700 people at a point. I think as the weeks go on demand is actually getting bigger.

Kids being off school and bored as parents try to keep them occupied probably a big part to play aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

2700 people at a point. I think as the weeks go on demand is actually getting bigger.

Kids being off school and bored as parents try to keep them occupied probably a big part to play aswell.

Buy them a PS4 then. Bored isn't an excuse. There is far more games on the older systems. The kids here are playing Minecraft and Toy Story 3 on a PS3. :P

muddypuppy wrote: »
    I assume he's talking about https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland

Appreciate it - Wish i had known about the wishlist trick yesterday when trying to snag one on AMZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Taking custom charges and the like into account would a PS5 from Amazon.co.uk be comparable to getting one from a Currys or Smyths.

ThePott wrote: »
    Taking custom charges and the like into account would a PS5 from Amazon.co.uk be comparable to getting one from a Currys or Smyths.

I checked out a telly costing £429 (Disk version is £449 - closest thing I could find quickly), this was the breakdown:

Order Summary
    Items: EUR 411,72
    Postage & Packing: EUR 0,00
    Import Fees Deposit: EUR 156,20
    Exchange rate guarantee fee: EUR 12,07
    Order Total: EUR 579,99.

So you're looking at probably about €600 or over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

I think the difference is only UK/Irish Vat, I tried to buy Nindendo Switch and price was close. Maybe 0 duty on gaming. I guess if you were to buy the disc PS5 from Amazon UK, total is around €525.

Am I wrong or could you be asked to pay when they deliver your package as well?
    I've been sticking to buying things under 25 sterling atm.

I can't imagine there's any issue on that end with Amazon. The problem is companies sending things who haven't paid import fees. Amazon have that already factored in.

I know at one point that was a concern for some people if it was over I want to say 150.
    I got hit with import charges before from an Amazon package from America but that was years ago and probably a different case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 johnskull

I managed to get into Currys Mahon in Cork today and pay for a bundle due in this weekend / early next week. There was about 30 people queueing in there (10 in front of me and 20 behind) before they started turning people away.

• Advertisement

Canonfan wrote: »
    I think the difference is only UK/Irish Vat, I tried to buy Nindendo Switch and price was close. Maybe 0 duty on gaming. I guess if you were to buy the disc PS5 from Amazon UK, total is around €525.

Yes, sinnerboy0 a few pages ago checked and consoles should have 0 duty. See https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116300030&postcount=3169

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Not from Amazon anyway. I've bought a few things in recent weeks and all items cleared customs with no issues.

johnskull wrote: »
    I managed to get into Currys Mahon in Cork today and pay for a bundle due in this weekend / early next week. There was about 30 people queueing in there (10 in front of me and 20 behind) before they started turning people away.

It’s gas I live 5mins from Curry’s cork and often in the business park getting a coffee and yet to find out in time they have units. Missed again !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Disclaimer I havent checked the link. Just posted as soon as notification came though cos by the time I check its usually oos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I checked out a telly costing £429 (Disk version is £449 - closest thing I could find quickly), this was the breakdown:

Order Summary
    Items: EUR 411,72
    Postage & Packing: EUR 0,00
    Import Fees Deposit: EUR 156,20
    Exchange rate guarantee fee: EUR 12,07
    Order Total: EUR 579,99.

So you're looking at probably about €600 or over.

That's an appalling example. TV's are a type of item with one of the HIGHEST rates of duty at 14%!!! Games consoles, computer parts etc. should be Xero rated.

Doodah7 wrote: »
    That's an appalling example. TV's are a type of item with one of the HIGHEST rates of duty at 14%!!! Games consoles, computer parts etc. should be Xero rated.

Fair enough, I didn't realise that consoles were at a different rate of duty. Mea culpa.

Curry’s Mahon point again taking names

Edit: missed out by 2mins when I got down there . Now oos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Heard Gamestop have stock of both consoles at 4 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Heard Gamestop have stock of both consoles at 4 today.

Have they cleared their backlog?

Advertisement