Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Argos have made the decision to only sell 'essential' goods for the moment. Not sure if you've ever been in an argos stockroom/warehouse but it would be very difficult to distance in them. Spoke to a mate who used to work there and is still in touch and he said they're trying to keep numbers of staff on the premesis as low as they can, hence limiting what you can buy. It's annoying knowing they have consoles they won't sell but they're acting a hell of a lot more responsibly than Currys are. Even if you look at the number of posters here quite happy to travel anywhere in the country to secure a console, the 5KM means nothing to people. Argos Irish site is a joke and my understanding is that online orders are fulfilled from store stock rather than a centralised warehouse, that's why the same restrictions apply. They're only doing home delivery for large furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sullovan

Little birdy told me DID 11.30 tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Sullovan wrote: »

Up on their site? Or do you have to call them on the phone?

Many thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

They told me they had nothing in stock and didn't know when.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Argos have made the decision to only sell 'essential' goods for the moment. Not sure if you've ever been in an argos stockroom/warehouse but it would be very difficult to distance in them. Spoke to a mate who used to work there and is still in touch and he said they're trying to keep numbers of staff on the premesis as low as they can, hence limiting what you can buy. It's annoying knowing they have consoles they won't sell but they're acting a hell of a lot more responsibly than Currys are. Even if you look at the number of posters here quite happy to travel anywhere in the country to secure a console, the 5KM means nothing to people. Argos Irish site is a joke and my understanding is that online orders are fulfilled from store stock rather than a centralised warehouse, that's why the same restrictions apply. They're only doing home delivery for large furniture.

https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland/status/1361058228122120193?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Sullovan

Did call now

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Did call now

Called coolock and was told they don't have any

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Did call now

Called Galway and they got a shipment in this morning but all gone to waitlist people

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Cyclonius

Messi19 wrote: »
    Called coolock and was told they don't have any

Rang the general sales line, and got a similar response. Was told they don't know when they'll be back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I rang DID Blanch just now. Was told they've no stock and they arent getting any back in at all. Strange, but thats what she said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnboy316

Polite way of saying stop ringing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

8 in every DID today a little birdie told me...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 upsyeire

Just got two in Tallaght for my mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Just called my local DID Sundrive road, guy confirmed a few arrived this morning but all gone.

Tallaght sold out, Mountjoy either sold out or not interested in the phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

DID showing in stock now. Go
    https://www.did.ie/playstationr5-9395003-prd

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

site crashed

TRYING

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

skerry wrote: »

I managed to put one in the cart but the checkout process died on me :/ And now the site is barely loading at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

muddypuppy wrote: »
    I managed to put one in the cart but the checkout process died on me :/ And now the site is barely loading at all.

Same here but expected the site to crash before i got to the end.

Called DID Bandon and all gone.

Exact the same like last time.

This is a disaster. Why bother putting any online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Seems they had very limited stock alright. I posted here as soon as I got the notification. Got sorted last week myself but have kept an eye out cos I know plenty more here are still looking. Sign up to the Discord posted a few pages back and only turn on PS5 alerts, thats how I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Yup got one in the cart, by the time I selected my billing address the site was down. I had the site already open and opened the link immediately when I got the discord notification. Was there any stock there at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Out of interest do you know how much traffic went to the site? It dropped almost instantaneously when the tweet went out. I'm just trying to gauge the exact level of demand each time that guy tweets. Seen it myself at Jervis, insane number of people showed up within 15 minutes of a tweet. Online there must be even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

DID sold out quickly apparently based on posts on Twitter. Looks like the stock was gone in a couple of minutes even before the site collapsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Canonfan wrote: »

cheers for that. ambled up to jervis and seemed to be the first to get a pre-order on the disc machine. Had to buy a second controller but should be able to sell it for the 60e it cost me.

• Advertisement

Site just about loads again and the PS5 is indicated as low stock but no way to get into the page. They really must have only had a couple online

Advertisement