Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S8 for €598 on Amazon.it

Options
  • 31-05-2017 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

For all the Samsung whores, here's a decent price on the S8 from Amazon italy.
    Use Chrome to translate to English.
    https://www.amazon.it/gp/offer-listing/B071RSVYSH/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
    Choose the second one down, the Amazon.it option. If you ship to Ireland it is ?612, but if you ship via Parcel Wizard it is ?594 + ?3.50 Parcel wizard fee, so ?598 or so.

Lot of money, and still not worth it in my opinion. But a lot better than getting one on contract for ?400, and being tied to a 24 month contract for the privilege. (Eg. 3 'offer' ?45 x 24 months is ?1080)

Amazon UK price is ?730

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

So it is 480 cheaper than on contract with 3. But 20 euro per month for 2 years is 480 so you're actually not saving anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Pique wrote: »
    So it is 480 cheaper than on contract with 3. But 20 euro per month for 2 years is 480 so you're actually not saving anything?
    No the total cost with 3 is ?1480.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Pique wrote: »

No with 3 contract you pay 399euro upfront then tied into a 24 month contract @ 45 per month x 24 = 1080euro + 399euro = 1479euro total

You also only get 100 flex mins on that plan which isnt a lot so you may go over allowance..

His option buying outright is purchase price of 598 then if you sign up to 20euro 3 offer PAYG it cost 20 x 26 (cause its 4 week topups) which is 520euro + device 598 = 1118euro total

Plus with PAYG you keep your 20euro credit and have unlimited data and free calls 3 and texts free so I buy 20euro PSN credit a month and practically just get phone for free but depends what people use

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

This is showing up as 615 euros on amazon italy site.
    On amazon.co.uk its 715 euros.
    On donedeal through a mobile shop you can get it for 650 euros.
    I will get it when price reaches 599 or lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Is it network locked ?

TIM is down for brand on product details.They are a Italian phone company.

• Advertisement

brendan86 wrote: »
    No with 3 contract you pay 399euro upfront then tied into a 24 month contract @ 45 per month x 24 = 1080euro + 399euro = 1479euro total

You also only get 100 flex mins on that plan which isnt a lot so you may go over allowance..

His option buying outright is purchase price of 598 then if you sign up to 20euro 3 offer PAYG it cost 20 x 26 (cause its 4 week topups) which is 520euro + device 598 = 1118euro total

Plus with PAYG you keep your 20euro credit and have unlimited data and free calls 3 and texts free so I buy 20euro PSN credit a month and practically just get phone for free but depends what people use

Plus you can move to a different network any time you want.
    And you can got for the likes of 48months, €10 a month plan for even bigger savings. http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans

Discussion on deal on HUKD:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-s8-518-delivered-amazon-using-a-fee-free-card-2702952

A few have said it's not network locked, just has a tiny TIM logo on startup

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

brendan86 wrote: »

Just a slight correction, on the plan you mentioned it's 350 flexunits, with unlimited calls to other 3 customers and unlimited data, it's unlikely you'd go over any limits you wouldn't also go over on a comparable sim only or PAYG plan.

Anyone order it ? Can't see expected delivery date when I put it into the basket,only 2-5 weeks to dispatch.
    When you place order does it give a date of delivery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,967 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That is a very good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭webels

Now cheaper at €591.85 delivered to your address. Probably a couple of € cheaper to parcelwizard.
    Edit: Gone back up again from 583 to 613 before delivery.

webels wrote: »
    Now cheaper at ?591.85 delivered to your address. Probably a couple of ? cheaper to parcelwizard.
    Edit: Gone back up again from 583 to 613 before delivery.

Its still available for €591.85.
    A seriously good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

unkel wrote: »
    That is a very good price.

Three want 320 upfront from me plus an extra 25 per month for 24 months so this is a great deal only I want another Note!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farango

Truckermal wrote: »
    Three want 320 upfront from me plus an extra 25 per month for 24 months so this is a great deal only I want another Note!

thats a bad deal, 320+(24*25) = 920

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Anyone spring for this?

My plan was to hold on for a S7 Edge which can be had for about €500. Looking at camelcamelcamel for the S6 I'm not sure if the S7 Edge price will drop much anytime soon.

This puts me in a predicament that for only €100 more I can have twice the ram (64gb) and the latest model for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭covfefe

I have the S7 Edge, great phone, don't think this is enough of an upgrade for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I got delivery of my s8+ from Amazon.it yesterday got it for a total of €712 , really happy with it perfect. Just select your language as english at the start and away you go. Only downside is it comes with a 2 pin plug but I can get over that

I got delivery of my s8+ from Amazon.it yesterday got it for a total of ?712 , really happy with it perfect. Just select your language as english at the start and away you go. Only downside is it comes with a 2 pin plug but I can get over that

How long did delivery take ?

Just select your language as english at the start and away you go.

Oh, I read on the uk thread some of them are flashing the Three firmware. I wasn't sure why unless maybe it got rid of some of the italian bloatware.

http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=E614FA10364C11E7963AFA163EE8F90B
    http://updato.com/how-to/how-to-install-an-official-samsung-stock-firmware-using-odin

Did you already have a nano sim? Looks like I need some sharp scissors to convert my micro sim to a nano.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,967 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The three firmware is relatively clean, but all the Samsung bloatware would still be there. I've just flashed my S7 to Lineage OS 14.1 and it feels a lot faster. €598 is a good price for the S8, but it was more than I could justify. Picked up a nearly new S7 on adverts for €250

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

yabadabado wrote: »
    How long did delivery take ?

took about 4 weeks but I wasn't in a rush

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

Folks whats the difference between the 569 version in the link in the OP and the 614 version you get when you manually search the site? I cant see any difference bar the price?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ones direct from amazon, the other from a network?

Ones direct from amazon, the other from a network?

The 569 appears to be the Amazon direct one and the other seems to be from a 3rd Party seller. Sorry it might have been obvious but as others had mentioned paying over 600 i thought the cheaper might have been carrier locked

The deal was for a TIM branded G950 sold by Amazon.it. The only difference between a stock version is that it has been flashed with the TIM carrier firmware. You can reflash it with stock firmware or whatever Irish carrier you wish (to take advantage of certain features such as native wifi calling). This won't trip the Knox switch and therefore won't invalidate your warranty. However, you don't need to bother. You can just select English and use the phone straight out of the box. There apparently isn't much bloatware from TIM nor any logos or anything like that other than a small one on the box.

The deal is currently €569 from Amazon.it seller with a lead time of 1-2 months.

https://www.amazon.it/gp/offer-listing/B071RSVYSH/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Just looked on Amazon.it and I see the stock G950 has dropped to €579 direct from Amazon.it. Immediate availability.

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B06XWN7VCQ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A11IL2PNWYJU7H

Just looked on Amazon.it and I see the stock G950 has dropped to €579 direct from Amazon.it. Immediate availability.

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B06XWN7VCQ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A11IL2PNWYJU7H

So the 569 one is TIM branded but he 579 one is a stock S8 no branding?

statto25 wrote: »
    So the 569 one is TIM branded but he 579 one is a stock S8 no branding?

Yep, that's it. Personally I'd get the 579 one with immediate delivery. I'm still waiting on my TIM one which is finally arriving next week (ordered on the 8th). But I plan to flash the firmware to stock when it arrives.

So you'll have stock Samsung firmware which means you'll get updates as soon as Samsung releases them. If I were to flash mine with Meteor's firmware so I can use native wifi calling, there would likely be a delay after Samsung's release until Meteor has there's updated and pushes them out. But as they are all official firmwares they don't trip the knox switch like a custom ROM would.

Yep, that's it. Personally I'd get the 579 one with immediate delivery. I'm still waiting on my TIM one which is finally arriving next week (ordered on the 8th). But I plan to flash the firmware anyhow.

So you'll have stock Samsung firmware which means you'll get updates as soon as Samsung releases them. If I were to flash mine with Meteor's firmware so I can use native wifi calling, there would likely be a delay after Samsung's release until Meteor has there's updated and pushes them out. But as they are all official firmwares they don't trip the knox switch like a custom ROM would.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

It's a great deal but check at the reviews from the users. Few had problems such has damaged packing and screen issue.

Advertisement