Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S8 for €598 on Amazon.it

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭thebiglad

admcfad wrote: »
    Please PM me the name of the shop, many thanks

Please PM Me too thanks

If this was Bargain Alerts a post would be acceptable and then let people decide whether or not it should be supported

Enough folk seem to have had a good experience with this shop and it is a lower risk than trawling Done Deal for €559 S8's possibly picking the 'wrong' retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

So what's the story with this adverts seller. Are these grey imports with 2 pin chargers? Samsung warranty valid?

Cex pricing always brings a smile to my face :)

2mw82uv.jpg

It's only B grade!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

digitaldr wrote: »
    Cex pricing always brings a smile to my face :)

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/2mw82uv.jpg It's only B grade!![/img]

Wow :eek: What CEX is this in? Very interested.

George's St also had a OnePlus one for €245 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The S8 ( black) is showing on Amazon.de @ €559.99 + delivery (sold by Amazon.de) €588 with the extra Irish vat and delivery

or €570 delivered to parcel motel in the North

Not 100% sure but Grey and Silver sold by Amazon.de seem to be the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Apologies for not getting back to everyone by pm, just seen them there and I had this thread unfollowed. User is gshock on adverts, just picked up another s8 off him less than an hour ago, gent.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Hi Rizzee - see my questions above thx

So what's the story with this adverts seller. Are these grey imports with 2 pin chargers? Samsung warranty valid?

Samsung warranty activates once phone is started. European model seal on box. Came with UK charger

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

Are these phones, from either amazon or adverts, dual sim?

• Advertisement

The one I got was single sim. Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BobDole85

Is there any drawbacks to buying a European version of the phone as opposed to buying directly from a carrier such as three? The savings are huge on adverts, seem too good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

BobDole85 wrote: »
    Is there any drawbacks to buying a European version of the phone as opposed to buying directly from a carrier such as three? The savings are huge on adverts, seem too good to be true

No drawbacks that I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

The only drawback is that certain networks, such as Three, release their own version of the firmware to best take advantage of their network. You can reflash it with stock firmware or whatever Irish carrier you wish (to take advantage of certain features such as native wifi calling). This won't trip the Knox switch and therefore won't invalidate your warranty. However, you don't need to bother as most likely you'll be fine with stock. Just select English and use the phone straight out of the box. By using stock firmware you'll receive updates as quickly as Samsung releases them (which isn't very fast but better than waiting for carrier to release their version after Samsung).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BobDole85

The only drawback is that certain networks, such as Three, release their own version of the firmware to best take advantage of their network. You can reflash it with stock firmware or whatever Irish carrier you wish (to take advantage of certain features such as native wifi calling). This won't trip the Knox switch and therefore won't invalidate your warranty. However, you don't need to bother as most likely you'll be fine with stock. Just select English and use the phone straight out of the box. By using stock firmware you'll receive updates as quickly as Samsung releases them (which isn't very fast but better than waiting for carrier to release their version after Samsung).

Many thanks man, that's good information, thinking it's probably worth getting the cheaper European version

Bought a 3rd one off Gshock yesterday for a mate. Highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

rizzee wrote: »
    Bought a 3rd one off Gshock yesterday for a mate. Highly recommended

Could you post a link to him. Everytime I search for gshock it just shows up ym watches. Please and thanks

numorouno wrote: »
    Could you post a link to him. Everytime I search for gshock it just shows up ym watches. Please and thanks

Either refine your gshock search by mobile phone category, or search for S8 and look for ones that cost 559. Either way, it's 30 seconds searching.

I notice some of the adverts phone sellers won't give a receipt or any reason as to why not. At least one of them will as they have a bricks and mortar shop on Parnell st. In the past I've always bought new phones direct from Amazon or the manufacturer eg OnePlus but I'm tempted by the Adverts route or a Parnell st/Moore st phone shop.
    I presume anyone that has gone this route did an imei/serial number check with a site like this one to see if the phone was blacklisted/had a valid EU Samsung warranty?

All good with me, warranty to 2019. All you got to do is a benchmark speed test too. In the 170k range. Everything is legit. Bought from adverts.

Receipt wouldn't bother me in the case of a seller with high feedback and who deals face to face. Warranty is activated once phone turns on too.

Oh, I bought a 4th one from Gshock for a family member last week too. Can't speak highly enough of him.

• Advertisement

Thanks - that's put my mind at rest. Good tip re the benchmarking too. I sent a S7 Edge back to Samsung for a probable swollen battery (back glass lifting) last week and they didn't look for a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

my Parnell st one came back clean as well, what benchmark tool do you use?
    they gave me a handwritten receipt at the time

edit: benchmarked at 175k

Antutu

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Hey,

Quick question. I bought an S8 from Amazon.de which arrived today no issues. What I forgot when ordering it is that it would come with a German quick charge plug which won't fit into Irish sockets. My questions is can I just use an Irish USB plug and use the cable that came with it to charge it? No issues with voltage or anything like that?

Thanks in advance!! :-)

You don't even need an adapter - just push the earth in on the socket and push the charger in. No voltage issues. You could use another charger but you're better off with the original especially if quick charging is important to you.

iem9va.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

Not sure why Jesus would be weeping - the 3 pin version just has a plastic earth pin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Not sure why Jesus would be weeping - the 3 pin version just has a plastic earth pin!

Actually it has its own fancy pants name:

It's an "Insulated Shutter Opening Device"

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Did anyone buy from marketplace sellers on Amazon Italy?

There is a seller called Cellularishop with the Coral Blue colour for 533 + 22 delivery.

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B071J39R1K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1WGOYTTFOOKT2&psc=1

Thinking of purchasing but would like to hear any experience with marketplace sellers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B06XWB84Q7/ref=pe_3310721_185740151_TE_item#immersive-view_1507675944371
    560 Euro shipped to parcel motel (well 590 for me including a 30 euro otterbox case for it)

Advertisement