Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S8 for €598 on Amazon.it

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

how is it possible to insure a phone bought via amazon.it or .de though, most phone insurance companies require that its bought in Ireland or the UK

TheBigEvil wrote: »

thats not directly sold by amazon so their return policy wouldn't be as good as direct

still they also sell it direct via amazon.de as 569e

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Can anyone pm me the name of the shop in parnell St that sell these please.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GaryDublin

superg wrote: »
    Can anyone pm me the name of the shop in parnell St that sell these please.

Tradeintech 180 Parnell Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

Will the price of the S8 fall after Xmas day and for new year sales do ye think.The wife wants one as her xmas present but is willing to hold out a few weeks.Can get a new one on Adverts for €560 including delivery and shop receipt but wonder if Amazon prices might drop as always found then good with resolving issues and they likely to be around for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

You could study camelcamelcamel for past models and see if you can figure it out. For what it is I doubt you'll find it cheaper than that. This phone is already very good value at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Deal of the day
    S8 is on offer on amazon.de for 534 euro delivered to Ireland or 519 euro to Parcel motel

CH3OH wrote: »
    Deal of the day
    S8 is on offer on amazon.de for 534 euro delivered to Ireland or 519 euro to Parcel motel

How much are amazon de charging delivery on that.Would it be safe to send something that valueable thru parcel motel.Is their liability not €100

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

ballybro wrote: »
    How much are amazon de charging delivery on that.Would it be safe to send something that valueable thru parcel motel.Is their liability not €100

Increase your liability for a further fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

Bought an S8 from Mobile Time on Bolton Street yesterday for €560 with a case. Second phone I've bought from them.

Phone box was sealed and factory unlocked out of the box. They also gave me a proper 3 pin Samsung fast charger. Phone's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

HI on a side note. What cases are people buying/recommending for this phone (S8). Just bought one from amazon de and I want to protect it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Can't go wrong with an Otterbox Symettry and a case friendly glass protector.

I've recently changed to a Rhino Shield and it's very very good. It's bumper-only but that hasn'tput me off it, still get a good feel of the phone and it's lightweight. 21 euro delivered on ebay, I still have my glass protector on the front and I've a plastic one on the back. No issues at all.

Say the ones on amazon for €534 and added to basket.15 mins later went to pay and back up to €569.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

ballybro wrote: »
    Say the ones on amazon for €534 and added to basket.15 mins later went to pay and back up to €569.

Did you select shipping to Ireland? We have a higher VAT rate so it applies that if you're shopping here. Might be worthwhile shopping to Parcel Motel as the UK VAT rate is lower....

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

just got a s8 plus from amazon.it bought from amazon.it and not from any seller
    the phone arrived in a used condition, box had dirt and scratches smudges on it. The seal was sticked on an older seal (double sticker).
    phone didnt have original plastic and one of the sides have a visible dent on it.
    I am thinking to return it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

LpPepper wrote: »
    Bought an S8 from Mobile Time on Bolton Street yesterday for €560 with a case. Second phone I've bought from them.

Phone box was sealed and factory unlocked out of the box. They also gave me a proper 3 pin Samsung fast charger. Phone's perfect.

It seems like some of these irish sellers are selling phones that are blacklisted in the UK, or they’ blacklisted soon after they’re sold. Have a look on the Android forum.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

4real wrote: »
    just got a s8 plus from amazon.it bought from amazon.it and not from any seller
    the phone arrived in a used condition, box had dirt and scratches smudges on it. The seal was sticked on an older seal (double sticker).
    phone didnt have original plastic and one of the sides have a visible dent on it.
    I am thinking to return it

Take pictures of everything and send them a message with as much info as possible. If the phone is damaged on arrival you have to return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

Take pictures of everything and send them a message with as much info as possible. If the phone is damaged on arrival you have to return it.

They have placed a replacement order already, but i need to return it and pay for postage which will be refunded to me. Painful process :(

LpPepper wrote: »

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    It seems like some of these irish sellers are selling phones that are blacklisted in the UK, or they’ blacklisted soon after they’re sold. Have a look on the Android forum.

My mate bought an s8 from Mobiletime 3 months ago and its still coming back as clean so I for one would recommend Mobile time as a good seller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭breeno

superg wrote: »
    My mate bought an s8 from Mobiletime 3 months ago and its still coming back as clean so I for one would recommend Mobile time as a good seller.

I bought a Samsung "Brand New" from one of these shops recently. Just checked the imei and its blacklisted. Should I be worried? It's working perfectly. Will this affect resale value? Would the likes of CEX check imei if I went to trade in down the line etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

HI on a side note. What cases are people buying/recommending for this phone (S8). Just bought one from amazon de and I want to protect it right.

Got this perfect for the s8 plus way better than the otterbox

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B072BX6R1L/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514914512&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=iblason+samsung+s8+plus&dpPl=1&dpID=51HRq1TzxNL&ref=plSrch

breeno wrote: »
    I bought a Samsung "Brand New" from one of these shops recently. Just checked the imei and its blacklisted. Should I be worried? It's working perfectly. Will this affect resale value? Would the likes of CEX check imei if I went to trade in down the line etc?

No idea but something is clearly up if its been blacklisted. I'd be at least going back to the shop for an explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

breeno wrote: »

Yeah , CEX would check the imei

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

4real wrote: »
    They have placed a replacement order already, but i need to return it and pay for postage which will be refunded to me. Painful process :(

It's a pity you had an issue but that hardly sounds painful.

Would have higher expectation from amazon direct to not get a returned item, dealing with and waiting for the new item, unessesary inconvience for sure, though.

Which Dublin shops are peoplw buying from.Looking for feedback .Will need to get it posted to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Can there be a sticky post on post #1 or something with the name of the shops people have bought from and the price/experience with them? Instead of every 2nd or 3rd post asking about ''the shops in Dublin people bought from''.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Down to €499 on Amazon Germany.
    Works out about €513 wth parcel motel or parcel wizard. Cost more to send to Ireland because of higher postage rate and higher VAT

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-s8-all-colours-449-from-amazonde-2896340

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Down to €499 on Amazon Germany.
    Works out about €513 wth parcel motel or parcel wizard. Cost more to send to Ireland because of higher postage rate and higher VAT

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-s8-all-colours-449-from-amazonde-2896340

Great price. The rear mounted fingerprint sensor is a bit of a turnoff though.

Advertisement