Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S8 for €598 on Amazon.it

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I bought S8 2 weeks ago from MobileTime in Dublin.
    570e including shipping.
    Very happy with the purchase. Comes with receipt and 2 years warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

I bought S8 2 weeks ago from MobileTime in Dublin.
    570e including shipping.
    Very happy with the purchase. Comes with receipt and 2 years warranty.
    Cheers will suit me better to buy it from a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

I bought mine from Amazon.de it was €550 including postage and Irish VAT. Came sealed, checked the IMEI and its all clean. It was a 3rd party seller (TBE International) but it was fulfilled by Amazon so thought it was a pretty safe bet.

Got it on Monday and its absolutely perfect. (only downside is the European plug but that's easily rectified)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Galaxy S8 PLUS €653 (Incl shipping) sold and shipped by Amazon.it - according to camelcamelcamel this is an all time low.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭franklyon

camelcamel is wrong then see the post above yours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

It's the S8 plus - didn't see the need for a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

That one gshock sells on adverts seems to be going for €519.00 now, very tempting. Quick question for a phone noob, any issues with getting it insured because it isn't bought off a carrier? Don't laugh at me :(

Oh wait I think it is second hand, can't find the ones Rizzee was buying.

You need receipt to insure indicating the date of purchase. Gshock don't provide receipt.
    mutley18 wrote: »
    That one gshock sells on adverts seems to be going for €519.00 now, very tempting. Quick question for a phone noob, any issues with getting it insured because it isn't bought off a carrier? Don't laugh at me :(

You need receipt to insure indicating the date of purchase. Gshock don't provide receipt.

So they can't be insured? I tend to get intoxicated and lose/break phones :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Say it was a competition prize?

That's what they asked for when I was looking for insurance. Found insurance for 9e a month but didn't get it.
    mutley18 wrote: »
    So they can't be insured? I tend to get intoxicated and lose/break phones :o

That's what they asked for when I was looking for insurance. Found insurance for 9e a month but didn't get it.

The problem you'll have is that even if you do get it, when it comes time to claim, the insurance company will find a way to get out of paying out.

I've heard a couple of different stories about how these guys sell their phones so cheap. Not sure exactly how they manage it, though.

Yea i didn't buy the insurance.

It's an import from eastern Europe. That's why cheaper than here.
    The phone is original Samsung and i have run several tests and all come out clear including benchmark scores
    Basil3 wrote: »
    The problem you'll have is that even if you do get it, when it comes time to claim, the insurance company will find a way to get out of paying out.

I've heard a couple of different stories about how these guys sell their phones so cheap. Not sure exactly how they manage it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Is it possible to take out insurance for the S8 from an Irish company or even Revolut if the phone is bought from Amazon IT, or DE?

BArra wrote: »
    Is it possible to take out insurance for the S8 from an Irish company or even Revolut if the phone is bought from Amazon IT, or DE?

Depends on the company. Gadget insurance state Ireland, UK or US only.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I've heard a couple of different stories about how these guys sell their phones so cheap.

well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

Yea i didn't buy the insurance.

It's an import from eastern Europe.

Dont know what country you talking about but believe me the are not cheaper in easter Europe, sometimes are even more expensive than here or uk.

I would like to know as well where they source phones. I want to buy iPhone from gshock but im a bit worrying.

Skerries wrote: »
    well?

Well the obvious first one is off the back of a lorry.

Have also been told that they source them in bulk and sell them ex-VAT, so you won't be able to get any kind of VAT receipt from them.

• Advertisement

Well the obvious first one is off the back of a lorry..

He got 540 positive feedback i think iPhones would be on black list quick and locked i don't this his feedback would be so good.

4motion wrote: »
    He got 540 positive feedback i think iPhones would be on black list quick and locked i don't this his feedback would be so good.

A phone blacklisted in another country won't affect here, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Basil3, I think you're talking out of your hole.

Slating sellers without knowing them or any information about where they got their products from.

Feedback speaks for itself.

rizzee wrote: »
    Basil3, I think you're talking out of your hole.

Slating sellers without knowing them or any information about where they got their products from.

Feedback speaks for itself.

This is purely what I've been told. How do you think they can sell them for well under RRP? What stops the big retailers with much higher buying power from being able to compete?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

This is purely what I've been told. How do you think they can sell them for well under RRP? What stops the big retailers with much higher buying power from being able to compete?

Price fixing.

Italy and Poland are selling genuine s8 in the price range of 550e. That's what I got in Dublin.
    I have receipt with VAT, etc on it. It's totally a legal buy.
    That's my 50 cent
    4motion wrote: »
    Dont know what country you talking about but believe me the are not cheaper in easter Europe, sometimes are even more expensive than here or uk.

Italy and Poland are selling genuine s8 in the price range of 550e. That's what I got in Dublin.
    I have receipt with VAT, etc on it. It's totally a legal buy.
    That's my 50 cent

I understand but guy on adverts selling for 559e and he still need to earn something. I don't think its 9e?

http://www.adverts.ie/samsung/simfree-samsung-galaxy-s8/13923883 even 519e

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

Mine arrived from amazon.fr, a week late, but perfect and unopened. Only thing i had to do was pick English at the start up.
    Has a European plug, so i'm going to buy one of those adapters mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Has anyone bought from G UK TRADE on amazon.co.uk? New S8 is £505.95.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-S8-64GB-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Midnight-Black/dp/B06XYMCMHD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Still around €577 from Amazon.it with Amazon (and their excellent refund policy) as the seller.

£506 = €567

I'd stretch the extra tenner to stick with Amazon as the seller.

Advertisement