Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

171 reg cars.

Options
  • 01-01-2017 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

January 1st. Some things never change... Well not much. It's blue this year.

Happy New year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Jomcc wrote: »

Happy New year.

At least he did change the colour....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Jomcc wrote: »

Happy New year.

He must be doing something right - we have a thread about it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

was coming here to post similar, seen this on facebook:

15781406_1364658736919086_6150728676042324546_n.jpg?oh=e8bdb8ad819a6bf796ea69311a65931e&oe=58D80B29

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Cheap blazer blue?

Drawin bar too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

As long as he's happy that's all that matters.

• Advertisement

There's worse things you could spend it on for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Cheap blazer blue?

Drawin bar too

Is it not Deep Impact Blue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

Funny, looks identical to my rental 2015 1.6 TDCI 95hp I got in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Who is it? Do they always get one?

polan wrote: »
    Funny, looks identical to my rental 2015 1.6 TDCI 95hp I got in September.

The Focus hasn't really changed much in the last number of years.
    ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Who is it? Do they always get one?

Owner is not on here but they change to the same car every year which just catches the interest of this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Commotion Ocean

We seriously need to remove the year from the plate. People are flocking in their droves to get their brand bastarding new fūĉkïñĝ car of cereal box spec for chape road tax and so the neighbours can see.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Is it not Deep Impact Blue?

Not sure, doesn't look as shiney as Deep Impact. Could just be the pic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

At least the colour changed, more than just the reg

dfeo wrote: »
    We seriously need to remove the year from the plate. People are flocking in their droves to get their brand bastarding new fūĉkïñĝ car of cereal box spec for chape road tax and so the neighbours can see.
    His last 8 cars have had the chape tax to be fair.
    People buying things is good for the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

The Focus hasn't really changed much in the last number of years.

Owner is not on here but they change to the same car every year which just catches the interest of this forum.

To be honest, what catches my interest is that he always has it on morning of Jan 1st. I'd imagine this year, most cars won't be on the road until Tue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭hannible the cannible

Jesus what a miserable attitude to have , I take it you're driving a top of the range new model with all the mod cons

Nothing like a bit of good old Irish begrudgery.

The man could be doing worse like sticking it in his arm or pissing it against the wall of his local.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,542 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Nothing like a bit of good old Irish begrudgery.

The man could be doing worse like sticking it in his arm or pissing it against the wall of his local.

This comes up every year!

I see where, you're coming from, but I see where dfeo is coming from if he's a car enthusiast. I think people just think he's nuts buying a brand new low spec car every year purely for the reg rather than a high spec same model every three or four years. This is a motoring forum after all!

Happy new year Bazz!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 king02

Definitely Deep Impact Blue Metallic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

John_Rambo wrote: »

I see where, you're coming from, but I see where dfeo is coming from if he's a car enthusiast. I think people just think he's nuts buying a brand new low spec car every year purely for the reg rather than a high spec same model every three or four years. This is a motoring forum after all!

Happy new year Bazz!

The guy is an amateur. He could be getting 1 in January and changing in July :cool:

• Advertisement

goz83 wrote: »
    The guy is an amateur. He could be getting 1 in January and changing in July :cool:

He's not Focus-ed enough.

My coat. I'll get it.

John_Rambo wrote: »

Happy new year Bazz!

I hear what you saying but I just think some people getting up tight or worked up on what the man spends his money on is a bit mental. Would not be my choice but each to their own.

And many happy returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,542 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

goz83 wrote: »

Haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

If I had the money to change to a new car every year I would. More power to the man. Not everyone wants/needs an RS.

Can any mathematician work out what he's losing in depreciation a year?

I'd say it's costing him between €4k and €5k a year.

Didn't his last one get sold to the trade? Didn't GD end up with it?
    Seems odd, any yearly deals I used to do for regulars, the trade in was costing big money, but I'd usually have a retail punter lined up for it in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I'd say it's costing him between €4k and €5k a year.
    Not the end of the world, smoking 20 fags a day is 4.1k in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah the days of trading up every year for small money are definitely gone. I remember GD posting alright that he sold on one of his older cars (think it was a 131 or 141 though). Car was probably practically new with low mileage too which would make it an attractive buy to somebody not bothered about it being a base model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Fair play to the guy, he gets what he wants. I'm pretty sure if he wanted a Titanium or a Ghia or whatever, then he'd get that too. Best of luck to him. I admire people who have minds of their own. Lots of people have no interest in accessories, extras, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Idiot question but how does one register it on a Sunday? Is it possible to reg a new vehicle online?

Advertisement