Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

171 reg cars.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 king02

A few Fiesta Titaniums ready for off in Claremorris this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

RedorDead wrote: »
    Ta-dah! Spotted in liffey valley car park after work

20170103_175343_zpsq3vbs82o.jpg

Somebodys been busy, new car and drove to dublin all in one day....nice motor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

bs2014 wrote: »
    Somebodys been busy, new car and drove to dublin all in one day....nice motor

You do know that you can buy in Dublin and have it registered elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I like the Tiguan but the boot is so small for a vehicle of that size.

You do know that you can buy in Dublin and have it registered elsewhere?

I'm aware of that but I spotted the Audi Athlone plate surrounds;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Autosport wrote: »

The new 7 seated might be more suitable for you.
    I am anxious to see / price one if they arrive on time for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Isn't there a new Q5 due soon? I think the Tiguan looks a bit too Sportagey.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,799 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Quick question, when does registration open where dealers submit cars for registration? Is there a start time like say midnight 30th December that you can submit cars to be registered on and then a plate is assigned numerically based on how fast the request came in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Quick question, when does registration open where dealers submit cars for registration? Is there a start time like say midnight 30th December that you can submit cars to be registered on and then a plate is assigned numerically based on how fast the request came in?

Normally dealers produce a Birth cert for the car in December. Then if the ROS website doesn't crash it can be registered at the stroke of midnight on January 1st.

However, if the car is being financed it may take an extra number of days to release the car as the registration number is required for the finance company.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,799 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Normally dealers produce a Birth cert for the car in December. Then if the ROS website doesn't crash it can be registered at the stroke of midnight on January 1st.

However, if the car is being financed it may take an extra number of days to release the car as the registration number is required for the finance company.

So if you were trying to get 171D2, when would you need to have submitted it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

So if you were trying to get 171D2, when would you need to have submitted it?

The dealer would most likely have needed to submit close after midnight to get the first generally Dublin available number. How well are you in with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Autosport wrote: »

People always seem to over estimate the size of these vehicles. They're fairly compact SUVs for the most part. You're talking about cars that are about the size of your regular saloon megane, i30 etc. just jacked up. The Tiguan's foortprint would be a good be smaller than a passat/superb for example.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Someone got a 171 - xx - 13 and refused it. Dealer has to try re-register it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭lookinghere

Jomcc wrote: »
    January 1st. Some things never change... Well not much. It's blue this year.

Happy New year.
    The boom is back lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,308 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

People always seem to over estimate the size of these vehicles. They're fairly compact SUVs for the most part. You're talking about cars that are about the size of your regular saloon megane, i30 etc. just jacked up. The Tiguan's foortprint would be a good be smaller than a passat/superb for example.

yep. I always see them as an overpriced golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

The boom is back lol

The purchase of a Ford Focus is the barometer as to whether the boom is back? Jog Drive on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,303 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The purchase of a Ford Focus is the barometer as to whether the boom is back? Jog Drive on.

and a basic spec one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Went out for a lunch time walk and spotted 3 171 L xxx cars.

Hyundai Tucson and Toyota Yaris hybrid unsurprisingly but surprisingly a Mitsubishi Pajaro lwb passenger version of all things too. Didn't think anyone bought these anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

bazz26 wrote:
    Hyundai Tucson and Toyota Yaris hybrid unsurprisingly but surprisingly a Mitsubishi Pajaro lwb passenger version of all things too. Didn't think anyone bought these anymore.

There's a mitsubishi dealer near me, so naturally enough there's an increase of mitsubishi vehicles, there's 4 or 5 people around with 161 lwb pajero passenger jeeps. Can't imagine them be easy run!

Did some number totting there, I know its early days but passenger car new regs are as follows:

PC up to yesterday were 4131

For the first 2 days of last year were 4973.

This shows a 16.9% drop, early days but the signs are that a small fall off is on the cards potentially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

There's a mitsubishi dealer near me, so naturally enough there's an increase of mitsubishi vehicles, there's 4 or 5 people around with 161 lwb pajero passenger jeeps. Can't imagine them be easy run!

Almost certainly 5 seat commercials with low road tax. I had a look at them last year but couldn't warm to the ancient interior and even more ancient 3.2 litre engine that had no go.

Spotted two in a row this morning, firstly a white Range Rover Evoque immediately followed by a Beige Golf, both North Co Dub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Both seen with 10 minutes of each other, apologies for the poor quality of the fiat 500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭yannakis

I'd never expect a Sprinter to run for this kind of plate, but hey...

K5xKIbL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

dfeo wrote: »
    We seriously need to remove the year from the plate. People are flocking in their droves to get their brand bastarding new fūĉkïñĝ car of cereal box spec for chape road tax and so the neighbours can see.

I can imagine anybody would buy a brand new car to get cheaper tax, considering you can get a 9 year old car on the lower tax band.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

2 Toyota's today 171 L landcrusier lwb passenger and a corolla which is a only a facelift oh and an Auris last night with a number plate very hard to read done in italics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

OSI wrote: »
    Personally every time a tax disc come's in the post I get an A0 sized copy made to drape over the front of my house so the neighbours can see how cheap it is. Much easier than having to buy a new Focus every year.

Very good idea. I might borrow that idea and add a big TDI to it to promote how much of a weapon my VAG diesel is. Seriously fast.......seriously clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

John_Rambo wrote: »
    This comes up every year!

I see where, you're coming from, but I see where dfeo is coming from if he's a car enthusiast. I think people just think he's nuts buying a brand new low spec car every year purely for the reg rather than a high spec same model every three or four years. This is a motoring forum after all!

Happy new year Bazz!

No, you're missing a few things:
    1. Never has a car out of warranty
    2. Never has to pay for a service
    3. Never has to buy tyres
    4. Possibly never has to pay car tax.....(gets it thrown in...)
    5. Probably gets a great deal based on his history, so paying less than A.N. Other would...

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

YanisK wrote: »

K5xKIbL.png

That Sprinter will be probably converted to a Mini Bus for a Tour Company so the reg will make peoplelook twice at the reg and also the tour company. It most likely won't be used by a white van man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

YanisK wrote: »

K5xKIbL.png

Funny how this came up in this post. A Sprinter beat our man in the Focus to 141-LS-1

Advertisement