Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf II - The revenge! Complete - Wolves win

Options
  • 04-09-2016 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

RETURN OF THE WEREWOLF

These are troubling times for the sleepy village of Mahamageehad. Sheep have been found gutted with entrails spewed everywhere, distant howls have been heard at night, cattle are spooked with their milk curdled, Hens have stopped laying eggs and trading have dwindled to a tickle due with the lack of visitors. Just when things looked like they couldn't get much worst, rumours of the outbreak that had affected their distant neighbour village of Afters Hours has started to spread...

Rules
    1. Daytime will run from 10.00am until 9.59pm.
    2. Werewolves are able to confer 24/7 but only in appropriate place and not via PM or FB.
    3. Nighttime will begin at approx 10.00pm for the Seer activity and the same rules will apply as above. There will be no night Zero peeks or munch.
    4. Players must make a legitimate vote every day, and may not vote for 'No Lynch' or themselves.

Voting Rules
    5. In order to vote, please put the name of the person you want to lynch in Bold i.e vote suffering golfer. If using a phone or proxy, and you can't bold, please type in HTML code {b} {/b} and put the person's name inside the brackets in order to cast your vote (replace curly brackets with square brackets) If your intention to vote is clear, and it's spotted, then your vote will count
    6. In the event of a tie in the lynch voting, voting will reopen for another 15 minutes to see if a decision can be reached "Golden Overtime". If after 15 minutes there is still no outright winner, then the tied players will Russian Roulette. In the event of a day with Golden Overtime, nighttime starts after the end of Golden Overtime.
    7. You may vote up to 4 times in the daytime period and votes made outside this time will be discounted i.e. votes timestamped 10.00pm or after will not be counted. If a player votes more than 4 times then their 4th vote is deemed to be final for the day (please don't angle shoot this). During Golden Overtime, each player is allowed 2 vote changes only).

8. All dead player roles will be revealed at the time of their death by whatever means by the Mod.
    9. Information regarding peeks will be given to players as soon as we possibly can. Once we're online, and we receive a PM from a player with a special role, we'll relay the information to them.
    10. There is to be no editing of posts for any reason
    11. Players may be replaced or modkilled if they are inactive in the game for one reason or another at game mod's discretion.
    12. Can live or dead players please refrain from posting anywhere online about the game while in play whether you think it's a 'nothing' comment or not. There's always info that's given away.
    13. There is to be no posting by dead players. Dead players may not PM anyone else in the game nor have any further active involvement in the game
    We reserve the right to add or alter rules should we feel it's in the games best interests

Roles

1 x Seer
    1 x Guardian Angel
    1 x Vigilante
    1 x Assassin
    1 x Alpha WW
    3 x Werewolves
    14 x Villagers

The Seer has the ability to peek. Each night (incl tonight) he may submit the name of 1 person, and that persons role in the game will be revealed to him. If the seer does not submit his peek during the night time phase, he will not receive a peek

The Guardian Angel
    can protect a player every night. They cannot protect the same player 2 nights in a row. This protected player cannot be eaten by the werewolves. The guardian angel cannot protect himself.

The Vigilante has 2 bullets which he may use on any night (0, 1 or 2 can be used each night until all his bullets are gone). He needs to PM us with the name of the person he wishes to kill, and then that person will be revealed as dead the following morning. Once his bullets are used up, he will revert to a villager role. If the vigilante attempts to assassinate a werewolf on the same night that the werewolves kill him, the assassination attempt will be unsuccessful.

The Assassin is on the side of the werewolf team but he does not know any of their identities, nor they will know his... at the start. If the assassin makes it to day three and performs a task given to them by the WWMod he will have the ability to assassinate (this can be done in daytime or nighttime once he gives the "assassinate xxxxx" order), upon the completion of the assassination, he becomes part of the werewolf team and given access to the WW chat.

The Alpha Werewolf will gain the ability to get 2 peeks in the game upon the completion of a task. If the Alpha dies before gaining this ability then it does not pass to the other werewolves.

The Werewolves all know each other (apart from the assassin) and have a dedicated room where they can chat 24/7. In the event of the death of the Alpha and there is any kind of dispute relating to the munch, the last message received from a werewolf before 10.00am will be treated as the munch.

Villagers have no special roles. They must try and hunt out the werewolves.

The Powerplay
    The werewolves have the ability to activate a Powerplay once during the game. The first werewolf to CHAT us with the Capitalised words "ACTIVATE POWERPLAY" activates it. Every vote cast on thread during the Powerplay will count as double towards that day's lynch. This will only be discovered at the lynch results by the rest of the players.

Every vote cast on thread during the Powerplay, and an hour before and after the CHAT timestamp will count as double towards that days lynch.

The Powerplay can only be activated between 11am-9pm. We will not be announcing the Powerplay on thread, but it will be revealed at the end of that day's lynch. All votes made during the powerplay is deemed valid in addition to the final votes for the day.

Players
    Tritium
    crosstownk
    andy125
    y0ssar1an22
    Jayop
    crowseye
    Persepoly
    Mollyb60
    The_Valeyard
    quickbeam
    Uriel.
    Maximus Alexander
    Tigger
    D0NNELLY
    MicksJaguar
    Nopeare
    charolais0153
    Barney92
    The_Dazzler
    El Hombre
    Sullivio
    Shatterproof
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Howdy fellow villagers!! Isn't a beautiful peaceful world we live in. I can't image anything that could come to spoil this for us, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

For clarification, today is day 0 with no lynching. Voting starts tomorrow after the first WW munch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

hello fellow villagers. anyone fancy an ale?

quick question: why no editing previous posts?

Another question - is it a rule to set your online status to invisible, or merely recommended, or it doesn't matter either way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

This is more complicated, what's a humble villager to do but point the finger at Tigger!!!!!!!!

I'll be running the Tavern, 'The Drunken Huntsman'

On a serious note, Im on the beer today watching the Tipp game, so will not be around much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

hello fellow villagers. anyone fancy an ale?

quick question: why no editing previous posts?

Yeah you post-it then you live with it. Editing posts is big time cheating in the game.

As for setting status offline I never bother. I'm online about 20 hours a day but often can't post with work.

So a few rule questions on first read over.

1) is there no Lynch or slaughter tonight? If there's no slaughter then are we starting the game tomorrow night with a Lynch?

2) it's not clear, but can we still post during the night phase in the game thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

How long before our peaceful village of geehead goes from this
    2h37cci.jpg

to this
    xdv9yq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Evening motel people

Hello there. I've just parked my green fixed gear bike against the tavern. As the resident village hipster I thought it would be a nice touch.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm looking forward to this but I'll need to read up on the added roles. Not possible now as I'm in Ye Olde Tavern.

I'm back in work tomorrow after a week off so I might be quiet until I get through the back log of shíte that nobody else bothered with in my absence. :(

Stay safe villagers.

You do not have to be invisible but I would recommend it to prevent angleshooting

Jayop wrote: »
    So a few rule questions on first read over.

1) is there no Lynch or slaughter tonight? If there's no slaughter then are we starting the game tomorrow night with a Lynch?

2) it's not clear, but can we still post during the night phase in the game thread?

1) Need to get back to you on this, need to chat to my co-mod

2) You can still post during the night phase

Oooh a co mod. How fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Yo yo yo what up my peeps! New rules will need a bit of reading over. When does the seer get their first seeing, tonight or tomorrow?

1st munch is tonight/tomorrow morning (traditionally kicks off day 1) and seer gets peek also.

Definitely need a co-mod to make life easier when there are voting on thread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

Hi everyone, what a tranquil, peaceful village we live in, its the kind of place where nothing can possibly go wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Hi all, hopefully we can make it two wins in a row for the villagers.

Yo yo yo what up my peeps! New rules will need a bit of reading over. When does the seer get their first seeing, tonight or tomorrow?

Please see rule 10.

Sheeh newbies!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    1st munch is tonight/tomorrow morning (traditionally kicks off day 1) and seer gets peek also.

Definitely need a co-mod to make life easier when there are voting on thread!!!

Silly question but why can't there be a form similar to what jayop had? Just to save yourself the work!

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    Silly question but why can't there be a form similar to what jayop had? Just to save yourself the work!

Voting is a crucial element of the game, Jayop version is blind voting, ours is public voting. Nothing wrong with either - we just want to have a few twists in order to make things unique - also public voting allows for the powerplay option which should be interesting. Its not hard to do with spreadsheets.

My pint is going down well. I hope my bike is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

The new rules will take a bit of figuring out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

After a hard day chopping trees into fire wood, time for some pints.

Evening all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Please see rule 10.

Sheeh newbies!!!

Look again... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Though can't stay out too late, whispers of strange goings on round these parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

crowseye wrote: »
    Hi everyone, what a tranquil, peaceful village we live in, its the kind of place where nothing can possibly go wrong :D

Your grin has me worried, what sharp teeth you have..... :P
    My pint is going down well. I hope my bike is safe.

I have locked your bike to the gate rails, so It cannot be stolen, but will cost you 1 silver piece
    Uriel. wrote: »
    The new rules will take a bit of figuring out...

Yes, head scratching one or two, but will be grand.
    D0NNELLY wrote: »
    After a hard day chopping trees into fire wood, time for some pints.

Evening all.

I do not accept credit in the bar, payment up front.
    D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Though can't stay out too late, whispers of strange goings on round these parts.

Yes, Tigger tends to run naked through the streets.

So, we've a mixture of experienced and new residents of our little village (I'm in the latter case). Some fought in WW1 for the first time, so have one war under their belt but still relatively inexperienced. Some (and I include myself in this) didn't play but were active in the Dead Room during WW1 so might have a little bit of a clue (though maybe not as much as others). Some were already experiened veterans of war during WW1 so will have the whole strategy sussed. And some names are very new to me, and are an unknown entity entirely.

So, it's probably stating the obvious, and it assumes that our GM distributed the roles randomly, but some of the very important roles could be given to relative newbies. I would just suggest, if it is the case that the Guardian Angel is a bit of a rookie, to think who, from the list of categories I mentioned above, will the wolves be most likely to munch on overnight? With so little else by way of input towards the personalities of our fellow villages this early in our life, I'd say it quite certain they'll go for an war veteran, who may be able to help us less experienced villagers defeat the evil.

So, Guardian Angel, think about that, and decide very carefully who you'll be protecting tonight. That's my advice from the little experience I have, for what it's worth. Maybe I shouldn't even expose myself by offering this advice at all. We shall see. Happy guardianing, sweet Angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Barney92 wrote: »
    Hi all, hopefully we can make it two wins in a row for the villagers.

Wow feels like all good sequels- the wolves are back and they're more powerful than ever......

Assassins, alphas, you mods are trying to make this extra hard for us poor simple villagers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

quickbeam wrote: »
    So, we've a mixture of experienced and new residents of our little village (I'm in the latter case). Some fought in WW1 for the first time, so have one war under their belt but still relatively inexperienced. Some (and I include myself in this) didn't play but were active in the Dead Room during WW1 so might have a little bit of a clue (though maybe not as much as others). Some were already experiened veterans of war during WW1 so will have the whole strategy sussed. And some names are very new to me, and are an unknown entity entirely.

So, it's probably stating the obvious, and it assumes that our GM distributed the roles randomly, but some of the very important roles could be given to relative newbies. I would just suggest, if it is the case that the Guardian Angel is a bit of a rookie, to think who, from the list of categories I mentioned above, will the wolves be most likely to munch on overnight? With so little else by way of input towards the personalities of our fellow villages this early in our life, I'd say it quite certain they'll go for an war veteran, who may be able to help us less experienced villagers defeat the evil.

So, Guardian Angel, think about that, and decide very carefully who you'll be protecting tonight. That's my advice from the little experience I have, for what it's worth. Maybe I shouldn't even expose myself by offering this advice at all. We shall see. Happy guardianing, sweet Angel.

Good advice but what if the wolves now pick a newbie after seeing your advice to the guardian angel to protect one of the more experienced members,

it would give the wolves a guaranteed kill to start off with, might be best for the angel to go random for as long as is possible i.e until the the seer comes forward etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement