Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf II - The revenge! Complete - Wolves win

Options
1878889909193»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i think we should consider starting a new game next week for fear of losing momentum, and also i wanna play another game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

i think we should consider starting a new game next week for fear of losing momentum, and also i wanna play another game!

Yes i agree, we can talk about that in the general discussion thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Guffy

Up for joining ww3...

Wow so many people want to be games mods, what's the appeal?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Just wondering, Vale & Max - who were your guesses for assassin-wolf, that you PM'd to the GM?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

quickbeam wrote: »
    Just wondering, Vale & Max - who were your guesses for assassin-wolf, that you PM'd to the GM?

I went for Yoss! He had a role though so I feel slightly vindicated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Zaph wrote: »
    I'll just address this point here, but so as not to derail this thread too much we can discuss it further on the other thread if needs be. Unfortunately what you're proposing/requesting isn't possible under the current mod structure. I understand that for the purposes of the game there's a differentiation between the roles of forum mods and the game mods. However forum mods are selected through a defined approval procedure and are given certain powers and access rights (to the Mod forum, for example). Their function is to ensure the smooth running of the forum, and while in this case the forum and the game would be almost the same thing, from a Boards mod structure point of view they're quite different. We simply can't change the forum mods every time there's a new game, it's just not practical as each time we would have to go through the aforementioned approval procedure. In addition, the admins would be very uncomfortable with granting modships to a relatively high volume of posters for such short periods of time.

That said, while I'll admit that I don't understand the actual requirements of the game, it's not entirely clear to me why someone in charge of a particular game has to be a mod of the forum. As I mentioned, a forum mod is responsible for the smooth running of the forum - dealing with arguments between posters, handing out cards/bans, helping new posters find their way round the forum, etc. These tasks are common to all forums and don't have anything specifically to do with the game, so perhaps it's possible that separate game mods can co-exist alongside the forum mods?

Hopefully with the creating on the wwgm account we can get that so it has powers to open & close threads and basic mod abilities. I had a similar account on another forum that had the same abilities and the Mod could not do anything outside of that category.

We need to get some more games done and have this account used plenty and make a case for it with the powers above who make the decision.

I know that these tweaks can be done as the other forum is built on the same software.

So, whoever is modding the next one, hit me or Mr Golfer up for the details and we can pass it on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

quickbeam wrote: »

Vale went for Charol and when I told him nope, he said "definitely Molly, has to be" or something along those lines.

Goes to show even wolves can't spot fellow wolves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I went for Yoss! He had a role though so I feel slightly vindicated.

and i defended you on the 1st night! god, what was i thinking. a dirty wolf :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

QFE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

gufc21 wrote: »
    Up for joining ww3...
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

count me in for the next game

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

count me in for the next game

Would be up for it depending on timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Count me in for the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Count me in -I'll only regret it if I don't play :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Me too, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'll sit this one out but could I have access to the dead thread if possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

I won't be able to play this one but I'd also like access to the dead thread aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Posted a list of players in the Discussion Thread here

Please remind me of any omissions or new signups there, it's easier than following both threads for names. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057648862&page=3

Anyone who's not on the list could you post in that thread and we'll add you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

OK guys, only a few more days. can you make sure you're on the list?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

sKeith wrote: »
    If our superhero boards WW mod could append this to end of WW2 thread, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057643449 , that would be super useful for others who may follow. TY.

Link to Deadroom
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/w68MMCTJXQUD7/p1.1000
    Link to original wolf room:
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/8qYC5RywWvLCM/p-1.-1
    Link to wolf room v2 after move:
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/69QHHkUcDkM/p-1.-1
    Tigger wrote: »
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/7xTRAKF4L4XX

That's the seer room for complete ness
    Post 95 is where they explain that I might have cheated and that's why I was asked in from of the other player if I did and to explain my game play
    LookIng back at the fact I'd been sitting with my father at his deathbed and the game was helping me not think about the abyss that awaits us all I'm acually surprised I took it so well.

C'est ça

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement