Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

mrmorgan wrote: »
    does anyone here get the feeling the trailer was designed to mislead us all?

especially the scott lang bit
    I hope so. Not because I have any issue with anything I seen, but because I'd genuinely like to be surprised by the film, and not see things coming. I haven't got the willpower to not watch the trailers, so I hope the story they all hint at is fake, and the story in the film goes a different, unexpected, way.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is talk after pictures from the set appeared that Spider Man Far From Home might be a prequel to Infinity War.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

There is talk after pictures from the set appeared that Spider Man Far From Home might be a prequel to Infinity War.

That’s what I’ve been thinking since seeing the photos

I wonder (conspiracy theory alert!) if they are waiting to see how the deal with Sony is looking. A few edits of Endgame could have Spider-Man alive, and FFH a sequel if it looks like Sony will extend. If not, a few edits the other way could have Spider-Man killed off in Endgame, and FFH a prequel. It wouldn't be that expensive or hard to film a couple of extra scenes in both movies to allow them to change the story dramatically in the editing room (e.g. a scene could be used as a flashback in one version, or a real-time in another, with a bit of smart editing).
    Of course, they have to have made their decision before Endgame is completed, but they have time once they shot the necessary scenes to either go with them or leave them on the cutting room floor...

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Johnmb wrote: »
    I hope so. Not because I have any issue with anything I seen, but because I'd genuinely like to be surprised by the film, and not see things coming. I haven't got the willpower to not watch the trailers, so I hope the story they all hint at is fake, and the story in the film goes a different, unexpected, way.

i hope so also, it seems too obvious now to use time travel!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I would expect the negotiations over Spider-Man to be a very frustrating affair for MCU fans now. Venom, although a critical bomb, did monster money and Spider-verse is doing well AND is well loved.

Sony's been desperately been trying to find a viable franchise since the Raimi situation imploded and now they have it again. I would expect the very best case scenario to be they license back to Marvel, unless they offer them a truly insane deal.

Also I wouldn't be surprised at all if the trailer was deliberately misleading, that seems to be their thing now (remember the Russos saying the name of the 4th film wasn't in IW? That was a lie too :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I am excite

Also Captain Marvel Superbowl bit:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

When Thanos clicked his finger and it randomly killed half the universe, could he of potentially killed himself due to random deaths, or did he consciously save himself? Being a martyr in his own story would of been awesome

• Advertisement

I'd imagine it was down to what he wanted. Seemed to be he was deciding how it would work.

So I'd guess he could've thought.. half at random or.. half except me at random

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Slydice wrote: »
    I'd imagine it was down to what he wanted. Seemed to be he was deciding how it would work.

So I'd guess he could've thought.. half at random or.. half except me at random

I wonder if he also tried to get half at random except himself and anyone who works with him like the black order

He'd assume this is the last battle he'll have to fight you'd imagine, so maybe he wouldn't care about those alongside him but maybe he spared them as reward for helping him save the universe

I think his motivation works best if he could have also been killed. He mentions in the film that the complete randomness of selection he proposed on Titan is what made it fair. In his previous wars, he had to survive to keep the movement going, but this time he didn't. I also got the impression that when he did snap and appeared (in the soul stone?) with the young Gamora, he thought he was dead, and accepted it.

I'd say there's a distinct chance that last scene was him chilling out "dead" in a gem, so yes actually in my headcanon!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Russo's confirmed earlier this evening that the final edit of Avengers: Endgame is complete.

Reports out there that Disney have screened Endgame today to some shareholders and leaks are starting to appear on line.

what exactly did shareholders need from it? they hardly need to establish Feiges track record

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Reports out there that Disney have screened Endgame today to some shareholders and leaks are starting to appear on line.

Gonna be a long 7 weeks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gonna be a long 7 weeks

Only 49 days! As someone who counts down to Christmas each year 49 days is nothing :pac:

Gonna be a long 7 weeks
    Loughc wrote: »
    Only 49 days! As someone who counts down to Christmas each year 49 days is nothing :pac:

Well when you frame it in that kind of context, 7 weeks is nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Seven weeks between MCU films is kinda nuts though. I can almost see the argument of over saturation, or the argument that any films between these Avengers films can only underwhelm while waiting for the main event

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yeah....I read a quite plausible one there this morning. Strangely it didn't go further than the second act. I wonder if the person walked out in disgust or something. :P

I saw a potential spoiler that I will be fuming if it turns out to be true (and I would consider it plausible too). Someone slapped it up on facebook.

I saw a potential spoiler that I will be fuming if it turns out to be true (and I would consider it plausible too). Someone slapped it up on facebook.

That's the height of prickishness. I'd be fuming too.

Just need to find a good Avengers Endgame spoiler blocker addon

I'm actually mad for the plot leaks but I'd never post about them on Facebook and the like. Even if they're blatant spoofs I still get craic out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Even if there was a super secret shareholder screening I doubt any real spoilers were leaked. These guys are notorious for keeping a lid on things and this is there biggest baby yet. There’s not a snowballs chance in hell that any of the films plot will be leaked.

They’ve given so much away already with toy merchandising, trailers, tv spots, Ant-Man, and I’m guessing Captain Marvel set ups, then you add the set leaks, throw in the fan expectation that we know will happen i.e. Hulk V Thanos Rd2, Cap/IM reunion etc, then you take into account where the first film left things, the location of the main players and what their current situations are.... if you put all of this together and fill in some blanks, anyone could throw a plausible plot together.

The worrying thing is that they’ve given so much information away already that some of these “fakes” might actually be right.

Just need to find a good Avengers Endgame spoiler blocker addon

I think there's an extension available on the Chrome Webstore for spoilers. Cause damn seeing something before Endgame and having it niggle at the back of your head thinking "Oh I wonder if that thing I saw will happen"

No mention if it will be linked with the MCU or if it will be a standalone.

Shang-Chi

Marvel’s First Asian-Led Superhero Movie, ‘Shang-Chi,’ Finds Director
    Marvel Studios has hired Destin Daniel Cretton to direct “Shang-Chi,” its first superhero movie with an Asian protagonist.

Cretton is currently directing “Just Mercy,” starring Brie Larson and Michael B. Jordan. Dave Callaham is writing the script that will ultimately modernize the Shang-Chi story and character arc.

The original Marvel Comics Shang-Chi features Shang, a half-Chinese, half-American superhero created by writer Steve Englehart and artist Jim Starlin. In the comics, Shang-Chi is a master of numerous unarmed and weaponry-based wushu styles, including the use of the gun, nunchaku, and jian. Shang-Chi first appeared in Special Marvel Edition #15 in 1973.

Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige is producing the film. Marvel’s Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, and Jonathan Schwartz are executive producers on the project.

Marvel recently released its first female-led movie, “Captain Marvel,” which has over-performed with more than $500 million in worldwide grosses in less than a week. It stars Larson, who collaborated with Cretton on 2013’s “Short Term 12” and 2017’s “The Glass Castle.”

In addition to Jordan and Larson, Cretton already has other ties to fellow filmmakers in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He previously worked with “Black Panther” director Ryan Coogler, with whom Cretton developed the television series “Scenes for Minors.”

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/shang-chi-director-destin-daniel-cretton-marvel-asian-superhero-1203162631/

• Advertisement

New Endgame Trailer.

Not watching it myself.

Advertisement