Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Gonna try and eloquently share my reaction to that trailer.......AGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
    YCXYHXHSXGXGCHXJF VHCHFUUH VJJDSCU

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Decent trailer. Artistic approach taken. Doesn't feel like it gives much away.

No harm avoiding it though to get a full fresh experience in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Slydice wrote: »
    Decent trailer. Artistic approach taken. Doesn't feel like it gives much away.

No harm avoiding it though to get a full fresh experience in the cinema.

I don't get the point of showing
    Stark's trouble in getting back to earth, only to then show him at Avengers HQ in another trailer thereafter, I mean we know he's getting back anyway but why have it be such a focus of the first trailer

Some of the fight scenes
    look like they could take place on Titan
    , but other than that and
    Captain Marvel at HQ which again is agiven
    nothing is really "spoiled"

If it's anything like infinity war, I'd say it's probably down to it all happening in the first act and that they are keeping most of the film under wraps. There's probably a minute where they drew a line and said nothing after it can go into the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Slydice wrote: »
    If it's anything like infinity war, I'd say it's probably down to it all happening in the first act and that they are keeping most of the film under wraps. There's probably a minute where they drew a line and said nothing after it can go into the trailer.

IW trailers had shots from Wakanda battle at end of movie though and even that shot of Cap holding back Thanos at the very end. I don't think there was a cutoff for those trailers.

I think they specifically said for Endgame that they were cutting off footage from after 20 minutes in. I don't think that's the case with this latest trailer. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they've 'done a Hulk' and added in or removed certain people to certain shots to throw people off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Can we keep the comments about the trailer for ENDGAME to that movie thread. A lot of people, avoiding trailers soe they don´t see/hear about spoilers....

not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general peeing against the wind, aim...

Can we keep the comments about the trailer for ENDGAME to that movie thread. A lot of people, avoiding trailers soe they don´t see/hear about spoilers....

not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general peeing against the wind, aim...

Is the title of this thread not upcoming Marvel movies?

If you want to avoid spoilers from the trailer power to you, but surely discussion about upcoming movies is the point of the thread no

This thread is probably for a general picture of what is coming up in the Marvel world, TV shows, Phases, new movies... I would have thought particular conversations would then be directed to the separate film/TV threads that people automatically set up..

what do you think the ENDGAME film thread is for?

This thread is probably for a general picture of what is coming up in the Marvel world, TV shows, Phases, new movies... I would have thought particular conversations would then be directed to the separate film/TV threads that people automatically set up..

what do you think the ENDGAME film thread is for?
    To be honest this thread has been used for a long time to discuss spoilers. They're actually saying on the film thread that they don't want spoilers so maybe you'll feel more safer posting there.

To be honest this thread has been used for a long time to discuss spoilers. They're actually saying on the film thread that they don't want spoilers so maybe you'll feel more safer posting there.

Thanks for that, I unplugged from the film thread. But if this is the discussion place for this stuff now, I'll reverse threads.

• Advertisement

Well... given this is in the title of the thread:
    **Use Spoiler Tags**

I'd assume this would be the thread where spoilers may appear but should be hidden behind the spoiler BBCode

like this..

Towards the end of Infinity War:
    Thor arrives in Wakanda

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This is thread for upcoming MCU films; Avengers: Endgame is an upcoming film. If people want to discuss what was in the trailer please use spoiler tags.

I can see both ends of the debate here; trailers are public domain and the material therein should & can be considered open for debate. It'd be a dull thread if it was just a procession of trailers or production updates.

However, given modern trailers' habit of spoiling the entirety of films through their trailers (or indeed via their writer-director in the case of X-Men Dark Phoenix!), it's also fair that folks might prefer to stay relatively unblemished as spoilers go if the chat builds up.

On that though, the Avengers: Endgame trailer still plays it fairly coy, beyond a few fleeting moments that are spoilery in the sense that they reveal hitherto unknown details, but scarcely reveal any 'real surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,479 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gunn is back and Reinstated as director of GotG 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow, does the source say if he has left the Suicide Squad sequel?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

pixelburp wrote: »

According to Deadline Hollywood
    Marvel Studios has agreed to commence production on Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after Gunn completes Suicide Squad 2.

https://deadline.com/2019/03/james-gunn-reinstated-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-disney-suicide-squad-2-indefensible-social-media-messages-1202576444/

Ah, so won't be happening anytime soon then! Good job Marvel has that de-aging technology :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Did not see that one coming but fantastic decision. Was glad they were going to be using his script regardless, but it just wouldn't be the same without letting him finish off his trilogy. Though the wait will be excruciating.

Penn wrote: »
    Did not see that one coming but fantastic decision. Was glad they were going to be using his script regardless, but it just wouldn't be the same without letting him finish off his trilogy. Though the wait will be excruciating.

This cause the next Suicide Squad won't land in cinemas until 2021. Although 2021 isn't exactly that far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭kerplun k

So, what happened? Feige pulling rank or Disney not letting a billion dollar franchise go down the toilet?

• Advertisement

No need to jizz yourself at yet another DC/WB calamity just yet.

Brilliant tweet from Waititi.

No need to jizz yourself at yet another DC/WB calamity just yet.

considering he was never actually signed on to direct, I’d hardly call this a DC/WB calamity

kerplun k wrote: »
    considering he was never actually signed on to direct, I’d hardly call this a DC/WB calamity

Neither would I but some people don't need much encouragement to have a pop at DC/WB

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

kerplun k wrote: »
    So, what happened? Feige pulling rank or Disney not letting a billion dollar franchise go down the toilet?

Seeing as the furore was mainly faked anyway, perhaps the plan all along to just wait it out if possible.

Seeing as the furore was mainly faked anyway, perhaps the plan all along to just wait it out if possible.

I was thinking that myself, but it sounded like he was really close to directing Suicide squad.

Disney probably never anticipated the backlash coming from the GotG cast itself, nevermind the fandom, which perhaps changed their decision for them in the end. Can't imagine Gunn coming back had Batista etc. not kicked up such a storm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Disney probably never anticipated the backlash coming from the GotG cast itself, nevermind the fandom, which perhaps changed their decision for them in the end. Can't imagine Gunn coming back had Batista etc. kicked up such a storm...
    Also, was it not the Chairman who made the public statements? Not sure about the structure of Disney, but it'd be very unusual for a Chairman to have the authority to hire/fire anyone involved in day to day operations of a company. They'd want to avoid a public admonishment of the Chairman, so there's a good chance this reversal was decided pretty quickly but delayed publicly announcing it until it had quietened down a bit...

Looking back it's been a great (depending on who you ask) couple of days, first everyone being caught out by the Avengers Endgame trailer on Thursday afternoon, then as if Disney/Marvel decided how to try and top that, Oh yeah let's bring back James Gunn to do Guardians 3.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Looking back it's been a great (depending on who you ask) couple of days, first everyone being caught out by the Avengers Endgame trailer on Thursday afternoon, then as if Disney/Marvel decided how to try and top that, Oh yeah let's bring back James Gunn to do Guardians 3.

And the Captain Marvel release, we're probably due a couple of quiet weeks now until 2/3 weeks before the usual promotion for Endgame begins

Advertisement