Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,453 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Avengers trailer due tomorrow has been postponed due to the funeral of George W.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Avengers trailer due tomorrow has been postponed due to the funeral of George W.

It's being released on Friday now according to Screenrant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

What are we expecting from this one.... I'm guessing voiceover ovet footage we've seen already with a quick montage of shots we haven't seen at the end as the music reaches a crescendo. Can't imagine it will give anything away about Captain Marvel's role bar someone making an ominous comment about the universe still having heroes out there that can defeat Thanos.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,005 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'd almost put money on the above ^^ being the format of the trailer. Marvel know they have audiences baying for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I think we'll get a "Hulk shot" too... teeing up round 2 ding ding with Hulk v Thanos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer coming on Saturday as well.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer coming on Saturday as well.

That must be a tricky one for the marketing dept... how do they not completely kill any suspense about the fate of the dusted characters in A4, while still showing Peter Parker alive and swinging. Ok sure, no-one expects that the dusting will be permanent, and the very fact that Far From Home is being made tells you that Peter is just fine... but still they're showing a post-A4 Spiderman. It'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Bacchus wrote: »
    That must be a tricky one for the marketing dept... how do they not completely kill any suspense about the fate of the dusted characters in A4, while still showing Peter Parker alive and swinging. Ok sure, no-one expects that the dusting will be permanent, and the very fact that Far From Home is being made tells you that Peter is just fine... but still they're showing a post-A4 Spiderman. It'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

Yeah they kinda boxed themselves into a corner with it. They should have tried to hold off on Spider-Man trailers/ads until after A4, but the release date of it is too close that they can't.

That said, there's absolutely zero need to release a Spider-Man trailer this week, this side of Christmas, and especially the damn day after the A4 trailer, in a week where we've already had a Captain Marvel trailer as well.

Calm your tits, lads! A4 trailer will keep us going until mid-January at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Would it not make sense for Far From Home to be set before Infinity War. In Infinity War Peter is seen on a school bus in New York so he could be returning from his travels in Far From Home.

Would it not make sense for Far From Home to be set before Infinity War. In Infinity War Peter is seen on a school bus in New York so he could be returning from his travels in Far From Home.

I think I already read that Spider-Man FFH does take place after A4, and deals with the aftermath of what Peter went through during IW & A4, while also setting up the next stage of MCU films.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    I think I already read that Spider-Man FFH does take place after A4, and deals with the aftermath of what Peter went through during IW & A4, while also setting up the next stage of MCU films.

The reason I'm thinking it's a prequel as some set photos revealed characters that were killed in Infinity War are in Far From Home. Hopefully the trailer at least confirms the timeline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Maybe they simply won't show PP in the trailer. Depending on what the story is going to be, they may just show Spider-Man and try to make it ambiguous as to who is actually wearing the suit. Or maybe not, but it'd be great if that was how they approached it!

The reason I'm thinking it's a prequel as some set photos revealed characters that were killed in Infinity War are in Far From Home. Hopefully the trailer at least confirms the timeline.

No, it's been confirmed already that it's set after A4.... starting off almost immediately after A4 ends.

Johnmb wrote: »
    Maybe they simply won't show PP in the trailer. Depending on what the story is going to be, they may just show Spider-Man and try to make it ambiguous as to who is actually wearing the suit. Or maybe not, but it'd be great if that was how they approached it!

To the VAST majority of movie-goers, the only Spiderman is Peter Parker and there's no ambiguity about who is wearing the suit. I don't think anyone would even pick up on an attempt to create ambiguity by not explicitly showing Tom Hollands as Peter.

I agree with you though, I think it'd lessen the impact if they avoided showing Peter Parker himself... or gave any cues at all about his state of mind (post A4). Preferably the focus should be on the villain and have a couple of action shots of Spiderman... and his new suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Interesting approach for the first trailer......curious to see how Tony gets home. Seen some speculation that it will be Pepper in iron armour that saves him but that would be crap.

Disappointed to see ScarJo is still blonde...concept art gave me hope she'd be red again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Interesting approach for the first trailer......curious to see how Tony gets home. Seen some speculation that it will be Pepper in iron armour that saves him but that would be crap.

Disappointed to see ScarJo is still blonde...concept art gave me hope she'd be red again.

Captain Marvel could have something to do with it, I only know of her from the trailers but she was flying in space at stages so maybe its how she gets introduced

It's the blonde eyebrows that makes Scarlett look so silly, her best look was in Winter Soldier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Anyone else think the trailer gave the game away? Tony gets recovered from space by Captain Marvel or Pepper. Lang escapes the quantum realm, discovers time travel, OG Avengers go back in time, change future with inevitable deaths of one or more OG avengers, multiverse created, so MCU has a more cohesive existence.

Just me, or is this whole thing sticking out like a sore tumb at how formulaic the MCU has become. Even the new captain Marvel trailer had me yawning while looking at the same old MCU shtick. The only interest I have in Captain Marvel is seeing Phil again on the big screen, besides that I think I’m done with MCU movies. Disney have zero interest in creating anything with any sort of a creative spark, and anyone who it capable of producing such content probably isn’t considered Disney friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

To the VAST majority of movie-goers, the only Spiderman is Peter Parker and there's no ambiguity about who is wearing the suit. I don't think anyone would even pick up on an attempt to create ambiguity by not explicitly showing Tom Hollands as Peter.

I agree with you though, I think it'd lessen the impact if they avoided showing Peter Parker himself... or gave any cues at all about his state of mind (post A4). Preferably the focus should be on the villain and have a couple of action shots of Spiderman... and his new suits.
    Probable (likely) correct, but at this stage I'd say almost all the movie-goers who will be interested in this will have seen IW, so there's always hope that they will try something a little different with the trailer. At least for this one, and hold off until the trailer after Endgame before showing anything revealing. Let's be honest, at this stage they could create a trailer that's just a 2 minute shot of a poster image saying Spider-Man, coming soon to a cinema near you, and it will still be a huge success!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

doc strange will be back don't forget and he said it was the only way whatever that meant

• Advertisement

Spider-Man trailer delayed till the 18th being reported.

Watched Spider Man Homecoming tonight and just noticed that Jennifer Connelly was Suit Lady/Karen that's something I never copped before watching it.

Mrs and Mr Connelly/Bettany are Avengers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Watched Spider Man Homecoming tonight and just noticed that Jennifer Connelly was Suit Lady/Karen that's something I never copped before watching it.

Mrs and Mr Connelly/Bettany are Avengers.

She's also Betty Ross in a non canon Hulk film.

I wonder how many people have played non continuity versions of now continuity characters and an MCU character?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

She's also Betty Ross in a non canon Hulk film.

I wonder how many people have played non continuity versions of now continuity characters and an MCU character?

Two Jonny Storms in Cap and Kill Monger

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Two Jonny Storms in Cap and Kill Monger
    Ah but Johnny Storm isn't in the MCU, Betty Ross, at least tangentially, is!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Sorry, misread your post

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

does anyone here get the feeling the trailer was designed to mislead us all?

especially the scott lang bit

mrmorgan wrote: »
    does anyone here get the feeling the trailer was designed to mislead us all?

especially the scott lang bit

Wouldn't be the first time. They edited some of the Infinity Stones from Thanos' gauntlet in the first IW trailer to make it look like he only had two of them when Cap grabbed it. Plus in the Thor Ragnarok trailer he had both eyes in a part of the trailer after his eye gets cut by Hela.

Can't fully trust the whole thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,005 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, I also vaguely remember the first showdown with Hella, when she broke the hammer, took place with a different backdrop than in the final film. Looked like it was on Asgard instead of the cliffside location on earth.

• Advertisement

They also has the Hulk in trailers for Infinity War.

Advertisement