Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

What are peoples opinions on the venom film?

I feel really let down they didn't make it R rated and similar style to Logan.

Venom was always a favourite of mine but he needed to he totally badass and not give a feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Tom Holland debuted the new Spider-Man suit on Jimmy Kimmel last night..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Tom Holland debuted the new Spider-Man suit on Jimmy Kimmel last night..

You have to hand it to Feige, Tom Holland was a great find.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's kind a weird seeing it as a real, physical suit; I'm used to half the costumes being CGIed these days (IIRC black panther was heavily airbrushed). Kinda cool to see it as a real thing - even if it's probably uncomfortable and sweaty :D

pixelburp wrote: »
    Kinda cool to see it as a real thing - even if it's probably uncomfortable and sweaty :D

Maybe so, if that’s the case it makes that little flip at the end all the more impressive :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I forgot Holland was a trained dancer until I saw the flip; dunno if it was always a preference with Feige, but it was a particular stroke of genius to nab someone capable of doing some of the acrobatics and physicality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Another alleged A4 trailer leak, sounds as bad as the original one;

https://screenrant.com/avengers-4-trailer-description-real-fake/

• Registered Users Posts: 60,479 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Katherine Langford (13 Reasons Why) Joins the cast of Avengers 4.

Scenes have been shot and her role is being kept under wraps.

Katherine Langford (13 Reasons Why) Joins the cast of Avengers 4.

Scenes have been shot and her role is being kept under wraps.
    Older version of Ant-Man's daughter possibly
    , especially if it's gonna involves timey wimey shenanigans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Older version of Ant-Man's daughter possibly
    , especially if it's gonna involves timey wimey shenanigans.
    I thought that role was already cast. Interesting anyway, Langford really elevated 13 reasons why beyond just being average. She's a star which makes me think marvel have something to be excited about here.

• Advertisement

I thought that role was already cast. Interesting anyway, Langford really elevated 13 reasons why beyond just being average. She's a star which makes me think marvel have something to be excited about here.

I think it was but it wasn't revealed at the time who was cast, I could be entirely wrong though... Guess we'll know for definite in April 2019.

The Winter Soldier and Falcon are moving to Disney streaming for a series.

Pretty interesting decision; I guess it also puts paid to the idea of either character taking on the mantle of Captain America after Avengers 4 (many signs pointing to it being the last outing for Chris Evans), it feels unlikely Marvel would pipe one of their A list characters onto 'TV'.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Pretty interesting decision; I guess it also puts paid to the idea of either character taking on the mantle of Captain America after Avengers 4 (many signs pointing to it being the last outing for Chris Evans), it feels unlikely Marvel would pipe one of their A list characters onto 'TV'.

Hm, my initial guess would be something along the lines of Brubaker's excellent Death of Captain America run where his close buds try to honour him when he's gone (assuming Cap's done in A4)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

The Winter Soldier and Falcon are moving to Disney streaming for a series.

https://marvelstudiosnews.com/2018/10/30/marvel-studios-developing-falcon-and-winter-soldier-limited-series-for-the-disney-streaming-service/
    and a possible Loki and Scarlet Witch series too... which maybe a spoiler for who survives Avengers 4....

Two other cast members announced/ leaked for Avengers 4 in the last day makes it look like there will might be a big timey wimey reset.

Crossbones & The Ancient One

Paul Bettany is joining the cast of Scarlet Witch series.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Paul Bettany is joining the cast of Scarlet Witch series.

Sounds like they have a .. Vision :D

Disney are really going all in with DisneyFlix, The Mandalorian, Loki, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Bucky and Falcon all heading to the streaming service.

How solid are these rumours?

• Advertisement

Obviously the wrong thread for this, but I presume Disney will be producing some non-MCU / Star Wars content at some stage!

Obviously the wrong thread for this, but I presume Disney will be producing some non-MCU / Star Wars content at some stage!

Nope. They're making Scarlificent Witch next year, then Bobby and the Beast they year after.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

are netflix going to lose their TV shows so?? daredevil etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

mrmorgan wrote: »
    are netflix going to lose their TV shows so?? daredevil etc

Nope. Separate agreement, Netflix can keep Daredevil as long as they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Loughc wrote: »
    Nope. Separate agreement, Netflix can keep Daredevil as long as they like.

Those series are falling apart though anyway so probably won't last much longer.

Iron Fist - cancelled after 2 seasons. I didn't bother watching season 2 as the first season was poor.
    Luke Cage - cancelled after 2 seasons. Could never really get into season 1 and ended up passing on season 2.
    Jessica Jones - Loved season 1, but season 2 was a drag and I stopped watching halfway through. Wouldn't be surprised to see it cancelled too.

Then you have the poster boy of the Netflix MCU. I've only started season 3 and it's.... good... not reaching the heights of season 1 or 2 yet though.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Those series are falling apart though anyway so probably won't last much longer.

Iron Fist - cancelled after 2 seasons. I didn't bother watching season 2 as the first season was poor.
    Luke Cage - cancelled after 2 seasons. Could never really get into season 1 and ended up passing on season 2.
    Jessica Jones - Loved season 1, but season 2 was a drag and I stopped watching halfway through. Wouldn't be surprised to see it cancelled too.

Then you have the poster boy of the Netflix MCU. I've only started season 3 and it's.... good... not reaching the heights of season 1 or 2 yet though.

I can't help but feeling all they need is to cut the series down into 8 or so episodes each. Luke Cage series 2 especially only really suffered because they were telling a shorter story over too long a time frame imo.

I have binged every Netflix MCU series so far but I actually can't find it in me to watch Daredevil like that. Not a good sign!

The cancellation of Iron Fist was a shame, because it definitely upped its game in Season 2; couldn't escape the shadow of Finn Jones' charisma vacuum sure, but they wisely tried to focus on all the satellite characters.

I agree on the episode length: it has plagued all the Marvel shows IMO (and a whole bunch of other shows on Netflix), few of them ever having enough story to last the 13 episodes - and even the pacing within each episode could be torture. Say what you will about normal TV Networks, but being slave to the 42 episode format enforces some narrative efficiency.

How solid are these rumours?

The Loki show was just officially announced. So I’d say it’s just a matter of time before the others follow suit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

Advertisement