Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Grace isn't afraid to against the grain so I'd never have described here as a thought leader. That's why I like her work; for better or worse at least you know she's going to say what she thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,480 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Confirmation that Feige will be taking over X-men and the other Fox Marvel assets post merge

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/09/20/disney-ceo-marvel-kevin-feige-taking-over-x-men-franchise/

Avengers 4 is the closure to the last decades storyline.

So begin the next decade one with FF & X-Men joining in would be alright.

Just a pity Jackman and Stewart are now done with Logan & Professor X.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I still hold out hope that X-Men will remain within their own universe. The property on film has shown itself to be more than strong enough to exist on its own within Stark & co. muddying the narrative waters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Grace isn't afraid to against the grain so I'd never have described here as a thought leader. That's why I like her work; for better or worse at least you know she's going to say what she thinks.

That's pretty much the definition of a thought leader, a person who other people want to know what they think!

pixelburp wrote: »
    I still hold out hope that X-Men will remain within their own universe. The property on film has shown itself to be more than strong enough to exist on its own within Stark & co. muddying the narrative waters.

I've a feeling the Avengers are going to be rested for a few years save for the odd cameo and it'll be a mutant world for a year or two.

If they stick to the comic book ending of Infinity Gauntlet,
    you could have the world not put back together JUST right and bam, mutants.
    the Avengers could be shown to retire and Marvel could spend a year or two really making us want a cross over.

I guess it's kinda MCU now... at least enough for this thread!

Dark Phoenix's (kinda boring) trailer was leaked in Russian, so it'll be appearing tonight sometime online, probably a little earlier than Fox were hoping for :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ryan Coogler has been confirmed as the writer and director of Black Panther 2. Not earth shattering news given the first films success, but still good to hear. I though he did a great job with the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The thing is though, on TV at least, the MCU has gotten around the inability to use "mutants" by introducing Inhumans, science experiments and aliens. It'd be kind of hard to explain where mutants were up to now.

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    The thing is though, on TV at least, the MCU has gotten around the inability to use "mutants" by introducing Inhumans, science experiments and aliens. It'd be kind of hard to explain where mutants were up to now.

Not really if they do some timey wimey thing in Avengers 4 and rewrite the timelines.

https://screenrant.com/x-men-galactus-phoenix-mcu-infinity-stones-retcon/2/

I thought this was a good read about how they could do both the X Men and Galactus.

That being said I'd trust Feige in saying nothing will happen in Phase 4. He seems the kind who will be upfront if he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Galactus, Dormammu and Thanos in the same universe has my mouth watering to be honest hmmm wonder who would come out on top?

My brain is still trying to comprehend seeing Galactus on the big screen. Perhaps not compelling enough on his own to tower over an entire phase but the tweaks they gave Thanos were excellent, so I'm sure they could do the same with Galactus.

I'm kinda offended you're all talking about the potential villains coming back and none of you have mentioned the actual MVP.

doctor-doom.jpeg?auto=format%2Ccompress&w=800

Needless to say Doom would be a class phase villain... and Norman....jesus, still hard to believe all these properties are under the one roof. Great time to be a fan.

Needless to say Doom would be a class phase villain... and Norman....jesus, still hard to believe all these properties are under the one roof. Great time to be a fan.

Norman might not be for long. Venom did gangbusters so Sony's gonna think they can do it on their own. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Norman might not be for long. Venom did gangbusters so Sony's gonna think they can do it on their own. Sigh.

I suspect there'll be a massive drop-off in Venoms's takings this weekend.

Just throwing it out there....what would you think about Christian Bale playing Wolverine in the MCU?

Hmm not sure about that, between Bruce Wayne and American Psycho I just see Bale as a ... well, psycho yuppy type. Logan feels like he should be played by an earthier, swarthier kinda guy. I'd suggest Idris Elba but I know how that might go down ... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

think of an actor like HJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

I reckon they’d be going a bit younger, most likely someone in their 30s.

Ragnar Lothbrok.

I reckon they’d be going a bit younger, most likely someone in their 30s.

In the comics though Wolverine is an mvp. A battle hardened legend. That's why I think they need a major casting of maturity, someone with intensity and charisma like Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mel gibson

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Mel gibson

Mel would be ace. Could be to Wolverine what his mate RDJ is to Iron Man.... IF he had the enthusiasm for the role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Mel would be ace. Could be to Wolverine what his mate RDJ is to Iron Man.... IF he had the enthusiasm for the role.
    I think he'd be way too old at this stage for an MCU version. Maybe as a one-off stand-alone movie, but not for a decade worth of movies, which I'd expect the MCU to want out of a main character.

Johnmb wrote: »
    I think he'd be way too old at this stage for an MCU version. Maybe as a one-off stand-alone movie, but not for a decade worth of movies, which I'd expect the MCU to want out of a main character.

I would love Marvel to give HJ an old man Logan time travel thing so he could interact with the MCU, and mainly insult all of them. Even if just the once.

You could argue the toss with Wesley Snipes but Jackman's Wolvie was a huge formative part of the super hero movies we all love now. It'd be great for them to show some respect for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

You could argue the toss with Wesley Snipes but Jackman's Wolvie was a huge formative part of the super hero movies we all love now. It'd be great for them to show some respect for that.

Yup... Tobey Maguire too as Spiderman. Between those three, they really kicked off the thirst for quality superhero movies. There were plenty of misteps that followed them (Catwoman, Fantastic Four, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, The Punisher, Daredevil, Ghost Rider) but some other signs of brilliance (Batman, Hellboy) that, along with the sequels to Spiderman, X-Men and Blade showed there was an audience there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I would love Marvel to give HJ an old man Logan time travel thing so he could interact with the MCU, and mainly insult all of them. Even if just the once.
    Yep, this could work, and Jackman did say in an interview that he wouldn't have retired from the character if an MCU appearance had been on the cards.

Advertisement