Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And the Captain Marvel release, we're probably due a couple of quiet weeks now until 2/3 weeks before the usual promotion for Endgame begins

And Captain Marvel, which is doing pretty well despite it being ragged on online before it even landed in cinemas. Next few weeks/months will see Marvel ramp up for Endgame, then Spider-Man: Far From Home.

Then Wednesday the Fox/Disney deal closes. They are more or less set for the first half of the 2020's.

So the first 22 films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe have now been officially dubbed The Infinity Saga by Kevin Feige.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So the first 22 films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe have now been officially dubbed The Infinity Saga by Kevin Feige.

Ah man that’s only got me excite for what’s next after Endgame. Will there be another over seeing arch or just lots of random movies loosely tied together?

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah man that’s only got me excite for what’s next after Endgame. Will there be another over seeing arch or just lots of random movies loosely tied together?

That's kinda the excitement for every thing post Endgame, we don't know what's coming story wise.

I'd say a loose over arcing story with
    Captain Marvel leading The New Avengers

Also and with the knowledge that the Fox/Disney deal closing on Wednesday, there's a theory floating around online that Thanos did what he did in Infinity War to stave off the threat of
    Galactus

How true that theory is, we're going to have to wait and see.

Also this from Kevin Feige
    There will be many more announcements to come. Put it this way: It’s only the beginning.

I'd say once Spider-Man: Far From Home finishes it's theatrical run, we'll know what's going on going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Quick reminder that Far From Home might now be a contentious film for Marvel. Contract negotiations have probably already begun for the future of Spider-Man, and it's not as cut and dried as it once was (for the first time since Raimi, Sony have 2 hit Spider-Man franchise films to their name in a row. In their eyes, they don't "need" the MCU to sell a Spider-Man franchise anymore. I'd actually argue Venom only hit because people thought it was MCU). I'd also be very surprised if Marvel were to use it as a launching board for... Saga 2?

I think we'd all like some form of running contract that allows MCU Spidey and Spider-verse Spidey to continue co existing in peace, so hopefully Sony don't act...well, like Sony :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yeah Spiderman is in a weird spot within the MCU now. By the time his sequel is done and dusted that will be Holland's (assuming he's in Endgame) 5th appearance which is mental within the space of what, 3 years?

I'd say their plans won't hinge on Spidey but at the same time they'd be happy for Sony to play ball with them so Holland can continue to appear.

Between Into the Spiderverse and Venom I'd say Sony are unfortunately feeling invincible right now.

Between Into the Spiderverse and Venom I'd say Sony are unfortunately feeling invincible right now.

I'm sure they do, but lets be honest the last good decision they made before Spider-Verse was letting Marvel take over, and before that was letting Raimi do what he wanted in Spider-Man 2 before pressuring him in 3. I have zero confidence...

This is the company who also thought a Ghostbusters 3 involving the original cast would be a bad idea and sending someone to try and pressure Steven Moffat to ok a Doctor Who film while he was trying to get the 50th anniversary done (the person in question wrote back saying "I can only see him getting annoyed") was a good one. These are real things that happened, you can read them in the Sony hack leaks.

No question about them being hacks. But once I saw Pascal with her big happy head at the Oscars I just felt a sense of dread that they're going to make a very stupid decision in regards to Spiderman in the MCU.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No question about them being hacks. But once I saw Pascal with her big happy head at the Oscars I just felt a sense of dread that they're going to make a very stupid decision in regards to Spiderman in the MCU.

If they are clever they can have both, I'm sure Marvel are paying a handsome fee and they're still free to license their own movies similar to what they've done recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Cotts72

If they are clever they can have both, I'm sure Marvel are paying a handsome fee and they're still free to license their own movies similar to what they've done recently.

Exactly not to mention the fact that woth spiderverse they have introduced miles morales to a whole new audience (outside comics) to many kids Peter Parker is probably the past. Theres no reason why sony cant push him as the face of their live action spiderverse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

a done deal as of today

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1108002378064822272/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1108002378064822272&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fheroichollywood.com%2Fdeadpool-ryan-reynolds-disney-fox%2F

It's official! Though it was initially reported that the Disney-Fox deal would be finalized by late 2018, we recently got word that everything would be ironed out by mid-March, and 21st Century Fox has just announced that it has completed the distribution of all issued and outstanding shares in connection with the Disney acquisition.

Disney's acquisition of 21CF will become effective at 12:02 a.m. Eastern Time tomorrow, March 20, 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,479 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

a done deal as of today

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1108002378064822272/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1108002378064822272&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fheroichollywood.com%2Fdeadpool-ryan-reynolds-disney-fox%2F

It's official! Though it was initially reported that the Disney-Fox deal would be finalized by late 2018, we recently got word that everything would be ironed out by mid-March, and 21st Century Fox has just announced that it has completed the distribution of all issued and outstanding shares in connection with the Disney acquisition.

Disney's acquisition of 21CF will become effective at 12:02 a.m. Eastern Time tomorrow, March 20, 2019.

What a day to be a fan.

I wouldn't expect any world building anytime soon but to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Reynolds was able to do a mid/post credit scene for Endgame. He's the one person they could do something throwaway with that would send the fans home happy. Could easily film something over the next month.

What a day to be a fan.

I wouldn't expect any world building anytime soon but to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Reynolds was able to do a mid/post credit scene for Endgame. He's the one person they could do something throwaway with that would send the fans home happy. Could easily film something over the next month.

Final cut of Endgame is complete, they're onto the marketing now, no edits or extra scenes will be filmed now, not even an awesome Deadpool cameo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I'd say once Spider-Man: Far From Home finishes it's theatrical run, we'll know what's going on going forward.
    I hope not. I'd like them to go back to keeping things a little close to their chest. Just tell us what's being released next year, not for the whole phase several years in advance. Imagine how much more impact the snap would have had if we didn't already know that there were films planned with many of the killed off characters!
    This would be terrible for Deadpool if it happened. There's no way they'd put him on the end of a PG(13?) movie if they were going to allow his own movies to be R. Feige already said that if they go the R route, they'll be making the branding clear so that nobody confuses it with the MCU, a mid-credit scene in an MCU movie means they aren't considering going the R route...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,479 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They could have already filmed the Stinger they don't have to show any characters.

Just show the Baxter Building and X-Mansion and a Silver Surfboard that's all that's needed.

Johnmb wrote: »

This would be terrible for Deadpool if it happened. There's no way they'd put him on the end of a PG(13?) movie if they were going to allow his own movies to be R. Feige already said that if they go the R route, they'll be making the branding clear so that nobody confuses it with the MCU, a mid-credit scene in an MCU movie means they aren't considering going the R route...

Eh.....

https://www.foxmovies.com/movies/once-upon-a-deadpool

As I said it's something that could be done that's non commital that wouldn't hurt either franchise. A 4th wall breaking comedic bit would be harmless.

Anyway, if Lough C reckons it can't be done at this stage no matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Eh.....

https://www.foxmovies.com/movies/once-upon-a-deadpool

As I said it's something that could be done that's non commital that wouldn't hurt either franchise. A 4th wall breaking comedic bit would be harmless.

Anyway, if Lough C reckons it can't be done at this stage no matter.
    I'm not really sure what you think your link changes? That they have made a PG Deadpool, so he can be in the MCU? That doesn't change what I said, if they put him in the MCU, or associate him with it, there'll be no more R rated Deadpool. That's bad for Deadpool...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I’d park any expectations for Fox IP related cameos. You’re only setting yourself up for disappointment.

I remember the Spider-man announcement was made about 4 months before the release of Ant-Man and I was hugely disappointed when they didn’t include a cameo and I think it really impacted my enjoyment of that film.

These things are sealed well in advance so I’d rule out any possibility of a FoxIP cameo. Anyhews, it’s for the best as this has been 10yrs and 21 films in the making, I don’t want it spending a second trying to set anything up.

• Advertisement

Final cut of Endgame is complete, they're onto the marketing now, no edits or extra scenes will be filmed now, not even an awesome Deadpool cameo.
    kerplun k wrote: »
    I’d park any expectations for Fox IP related cameos. You’re only setting yourself up for disappointment.

I remember the Spider-man announcement was made about 4 months before the release of Ant-Man and I was hugely disappointed when they didn’t include a cameo and I think it really impacted my enjoyment of that film.

These things are sealed well in advance so I’d rule out any possibility of a FoxIP cameo. Anyhews, it’s for the best as this has been 10yrs and 21 films in the making, I don’t want it spending a second trying to set anything up.

Lotta people forgetting the shawarma scene (shot so late it was added only for the American run a week after Europe)!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

kerplun k wrote: »

There was a reference to a guy who crawls walls in that Ant Man film

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭kerplun k

There was a reference to a guy who crawls walls in that Ant Man film

Yeah, forgot about that. It was more an Easter egg and throwaway line, but still, you’re right.

I just think incorporating the new characters into the MCU will take a lot of planning, I don’t think they’d add anything this late in the game that could mess with any long term plans.

Lets be honest if there is an inserted endgame post credits it'll just be a stinger of a gloved claw going SNIKT or a pan over the baxter building.

Thanos' first appearance was pure CGI, I don't think Brolin was even cast.

I'm not holding my breath for any of the Fantastic 4, X-Men or even Deadpool showing up in either the mid or post credits scene. Read somewhere the earliest they'd be introduced into the MCU was 2021.

Lets be honest if there is an inserted endgame post credits it'll just be a stinger of a gloved claw going SNIKT or a pan over the baxter building.

Thanos' first appearance was pure CGI, I don't think Brolin was even cast.

Brolin was cast as Thanos somewhere before Age Of Ultron was released. He's uncredited in Guardians 1 according to the film's wikipedia page.

I'm not holding my breath for any of the Fantastic 4, X-Men or even Deadpool showing up in either the mid or post credits scene. Read somewhere the earliest they'd be introduced into the MCU was 2021.

Most of the rag sites are saying 2021 without any verified sources. 2021 is a fair guess however and fair guessing is what most of those sites make their bread and butter off!!!

I don't expect anything myself post Endgame and wouldn't be surprised if the post credits don't hint to Phase 4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For once I'd like no mid/end credits scene. The gimmick is long past for me, and given the 'endgame' of the title it'd really underline that fact if the movie just finishes. That's it, story's over, go home.

pixelburp wrote: »
    For once I'd like no mid/end credits scene. The gimmick is long past for me, and for given the 'endgame' of the title it'd really undersell that fact if the movie just finishes. That's it, story's over, go home.

I agree. I'd like Endgame to be like Wrestlemania used to be for wrestling, the end of the "season", where current plotlines get tidied up.

Then the night after is fair game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I would be surprised if we didn't get a sting, Endgame's ending will probably be fairly downbeat given contract's ending, it might undermine that to have a sting teasing what's next. Let the ending have the impact it deserves.

Advertisement