Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I would be surprised if we didn't get a sting, Endgame's ending will probably be fairly downbeat given contract's ending, it might undermine that to have a sting teasing what's next. Let the ending have the impact it deserves.

I imagine we'll get a post-credits scene, but it won't be about Phase 4, but rather putting a full-stop on the Infinity Saga. Maybe a throwback to Iron Man 1, Cap 1 or Avengers 1 (depending on who dies/leaves the MCU as a result of Endgame).

For instance, if Stark dies, maybe a shot of his first arc reactor and the light in it going out or something. Something simple but just the bookmark for all the films we've gotten so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Everyone sitting down at Tonys funeral eating shawarma

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,071 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

... our heroes have walked away to lick their wounds, but one of Thanos' disciples rises from the ashes, searing revenge for killing his master... then Agent May & Quake run into the scene and pummel him. Cut to black.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Id much prefer if they didn’t tease anything for the future, plenty of room to do that in Spiderman FFH

Let it literally be the endgame for the first 3 phases, and let phase 4 start anew

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Id much prefer if they didn’t tease anything for the future, plenty of room to do that in Spiderman FFH

Let it literally be the endgame for the first 3 phases, and let phase 4 start anew

Once again, Spider-Man is probably quite contentious behind the scenes so I wouldn't be expecting it as the venue for any world changing announcements (unless a deal has already been struck between Sony and Marvel and they're keeping schtum). If it goes the way a lot of people think, validating Sony films as MCU entities will not be in their interest.

• Advertisement

I read a recent rumor about how the Avengers will defeat Thanos that sounds like it could be plausible, anyhews it goes something like this,
    Ant-Man goes sub atomic, he creeps up behind Thanos, crawls up his butt. Once he’s as snug as a bug in a rug, he goes civil war big, and blows Thanos to smithereens

It was so obvious, can’t believe I didn’t think of this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Wow! I've only just quickly jumped around this a bit. Not watched the full thing. Looks legit!

So many!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Slydice wrote: »
    Wow! I've only just quickly jumped around this a bit. Not watched the full thing. Looks legit!

So many!

Delaying some assignments to watch this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Getting ahead of myself but would anyone have any dream castings for the newly acquired properties from Fox and Sony?

There are actors I'd love to see in the MCU who you could throw any number of characters at. Ralph Fiennes for example - I'd delighted to see him play Professor X as I would Doom.

Christian Bale as Norman Osborne would be another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Getting ahead of myself but would anyone have any dream castings for the newly acquired properties from Fox and Sony?

There are actors I'd love to see in the MCU who you could throw any number of characters at. Ralph Fiennes for example - I'd delighted to see him play Professor X as I would Doom.

Christian Bale as Norman Osborne would be another one.
    Sony still own Spiderman. Here is a diagram showing who owns what
    marvel-rights-v6-2250x2109.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Sony still own Spiderman. Here is a diagram showing who owns what
    marvel-rights-v6-2250x2109.png

I could be wrong but I think Marvel own the rights to Daredevil etc, Netflix merely produced the shows. They will continue to own the rights to those shows but Marvel have the rights to use the characters in future. Open to correction.

I could be wrong but I think Marvel own the rights to Daredevil etc, Netflix merely produced the shows. They will continue to own the rights to those shows but Marvel have the rights to use the characters in future. Open to correction.

Yeah I think you are correct but Marvel can't use any of the characters on Netflix for 2 years I think except for The Punisher as he was not part of the original deal with Netflix

Yeah I think you are correct but Marvel can't use any of the characters on Netflix for 2 years I think except for The Punisher as he was not part of the original deal with Netflix

I wonder when the two years starts. From the signing of the contract? From the premiere of the series?

I wonder when the two years starts. From the signing of the contract? From the premiere of the series?

I think its from the date the show was cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

or the date the contract was signed

**Avatar jogging away, minding it's own business.. hears "on your left" approaching rapidly**

Avengers: Endgame Is Returning to Theaters Real Soon, and With New Footage
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/avengers-endgame-is-returning-to-theaters-real-soon-a-1835649149
    Not an extended cut, but there will be a version going into theaters with a bit of a marketing push with a few new things at the end of the movie. If you stay and watch the movie, after the credits, there’ll be a deleted scene, a little tribute, and a few surprises. Which will be next weekend.

When Feige says ‘next weekend’, that’s likely not this weekend—after all, Disney would probably very much like that Tony Stark and his friends don’t come stomping over the opening weekend of Toy Story 4. But could it be the end of the month? Could it be for the July 4 holiday celebrations in the U.S.?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Slydice wrote: »
    **Avatar jogging away, minding it's own business.. hears "on your left" approaching rapidly**

Avengers: Endgame Is Returning to Theaters Real Soon, and With New Footage
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/avengers-endgame-is-returning-to-theaters-real-soon-a-1835649149

4th of July is the release of Spiderman so likely the weekend between

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

SPOILERS FOR FAR FROM HOME BELOW!!
    What happens now? Spider-Man's identity revealed, will they do a reset? Are they setting up Parker's death for an MCU Miles to take over? I think these movies have been too light-hearted so far to do something like that.

SPOILERS FOR FAR FROM HOME BELOW!!
    What happens now? Spider-Man's identity revealed, will they do a reset? Are they setting up Parker's death for an MCU Miles to take over? I think these movies have been too light-hearted so far to do something like that.
    Phase 4 begins. Peter is now known.

The big deal is that he didn't get to keep his secret that he was Spider-Man but it's not new in this Superhero Universe (the MCU) for real identities to be known.

It does make him a big of a target alright but probably his family moreso.

I can't imagine Feige killing off Peter Parker. It'd be extra hard too because Amy Pascal would have to give the nod. More likely, I'd say would be Miles being there alongside Peter. Interaction with the MCU will then all depend on how nicely Disney and Sony can play together.

Peter being outed is a major part of the Civil War arc in the comics. He ends up having to move his family in with the Avengers to keep them safe and hilarity ensues. Civil War is also (kind of) the beginning of his ascension to a full on "science guy" hero.

In the end he does a deal with a demonic figure that makes most people forget.

The interesting thing to me is this would say to me that Spidey is staying in the MCU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Didn't Tom Holland sign a 10 movie contract?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

In the end he does a deal with a demonic figure that makes most people forget.

The interesting thing to me is this would say to me that Spidey is staying in the MCU.

I don't think they could possibly do "one more day" which is the arc you are alluding to.

Peter and MJ aren't married. For one more day to have any meaning Peter needs to sacrifice the relationship.

That and the fact that it's an almost universally hated arc.

Didn't Tom Holland sign a 10 movie contract?

6 as far as I know, and that doesn't necessarily mean they'd all be in the MCU. Far From Home is the last film in the original deal Marvel made with Sony (according to Amy Pascal, the Sony exec, who admittedly seems to find it hard sometimes to open her mouth without inserting her foot).
    horgan_p wrote: »
    I don't think they could possibly do "one more day" which is the arc you are alluding to.

Peter and MJ aren't married. For one more day to have any meaning Peter needs to sacrifice the relationship.

That and the fact that it's an almost universally hated arc.

Oh absolutely, I was just pointing out all the spoilery stuffs origin. Personally I do NOT want to see that. I more meant the open-endedness of the post credits would look like both Sony and Marvel are playing ball with one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I can't wait until tomorrow night, and I've seen the film to read the spoiler tagged stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,765 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ray Winstone has joined Black Widow movie with David Harbour and Florence Pugh

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...224128220.html

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ray Winstone has joined Black Widow movie

This guy.....

Black widow, it’s all about the in play, it’s all about the superheroes, the next phase, the after credits scene, HOLD ON, the latest live odds are coming up on your screen now. Bet and play son... now

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Alright, I better watch Midsommar :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,071 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hopefully they let Watiti just do his thing, and give him more creative freedom. Honestly I've found the scripts for the last 3 MCU films really subpar, coasting on goodwill.

• Advertisement

Marvel Up in Hall H at San Diego Comic Con

The end of the Infinity Saga
    https://twitter.com/sarareneexo/status/1152737555420340224

Advertisement