Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

AUTUMN WEATHER 2015 - GENERAL CHAT THREAD

• 26-08-2015 11:43am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭

looks like traditional first week back at school in September won't be a warm and sunny one like most other years. Next week is gonna be very cool, even cold. Will probably light the first fires of the autumn next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Gonzo wrote: »
    looks like traditional first week back at school in September won't be a warm and sunny one like most other years. Next week is gonna be very cool, even cold. Will probably light the first fires of the autumn next week.

Looks to be cold but with an Azores High it looks sunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Looks to be cold but with an Azores High it looks sunny.
    Perfect Autumn weather :) Looking forward to the dewy mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Must say I would love a few storms....but only over the weekend or in the evenings when I'm not in work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just had a peak at the medium term GSF and as per usual its a potentially glorious start to the season with the kind of set up we're been screaming for all summer!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Tindie

I hope he has Right about the
    Upcoming autumn

http://www.gavsweathervids.com/autumn-2015-forecast.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

If this mornings ECM is to be believed there's a welcome Indian summer on the way for next week with some very impressive temps - in fact more than a few place could see their highest temps of the year if it came off!!

Birdnuts wrote: »
    If this mornings ECM is to be believed there's a welcome Indian summer on the way for next week with some very impressive temps - in fact more than a few place could see their highest temps of the year if it came off!!

Meh! I'm over it now - bring on proper Autumnal weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

leahyl wrote: »
    Meh! I'm over it now - bring on proper Autumnal weather!

LOL - thats not how the Irish climate works!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It looks like our temperature will be below average for the next few days until the weekend. Present models suggest that it will be much warmer next week with high temperatures in the low 20s with mainly fine weather.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Looe5Id.png

What a chart! If only this was January....

Autumn certainly descended with a bang - right on the 1st September.

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »

Dunno how you did that Gonzo...but an excellent bit of reorganisation! :)

First fire of Autumn is being lit here right now - log supply won't last to Halloween if this keeps up; breezy and overcast with a bracing 9.5C

According to met.ie:

Early days of next week: Present indications suggest that it will continue mostly dry, with light to moderate east to southeasterly breezes. There will be some spells of sunshine at times each day, but some cloudy periods too. Daytime temperatures should be in the range of 15 to 17 C.

No mention of low twenties temps - in fact, it sounds quite cool. Is it meant to get warmer later in the week??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Jpmarn wrote: »
    It looks like our temperature will be below average for the next few days until the weekend. Present models suggest that it will be much warmer next week with high temperatures in the low 20s with mainly fine weather.

Does anyone have any confidence in this actually happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

leahyl wrote: »
    According to met.ie:

Early days of next week: Present indications suggest that it will continue mostly dry, with light to moderate east to southeasterly breezes. There will be some spells of sunshine at times each day, but some cloudy periods too. Daytime temperatures should be in the range of 15 to 17 C.

No mention of low twenties temps - in fact, it sounds quite cool. Is it meant to get warmer later in the week??

Does anyone have any confidence in this actually happening?

No , doesn't look like it will get into the 20's according to the Temp at 850hp on 06z ensembles. Roughly speaking , adding 8c to the 850 temps will roughly give you the surface air temp.
    360917.png

High teens throughout the high pressure period. Theres a strong uncertainty past the 9th as to whether the high remains near us or low pressure moves back in...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Autumn certainly descended with a bang - right on the 1st September.

Autumn in with bang? I would call it more a gradual easing into since the start of June.

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Autumn in with bang? I would call it more a gradual easing into since the start of June.

Not here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Widespread fog at nighttime from Monday according to Met Eireann.

Yay :) I love fog

The midland top temp today is only 13 degrees ,

Is this one of the coolest September?

Much lower them last , I thing it was high teens last year.

Really cold the last few days!! Can't believe how much it has changed but it's still dry so that's a good thing - crisp Autumn mornings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Fecking freezing this morning in Bray! Supposed to be climbing Croagh Patrick on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Thargor wrote: »
    Fecking freezing this morning in Bray! Supposed to be climbing Croagh Patrick on Saturday.

Be careful up there two climbers were airlifted to Castlebar hospital on Monday by Coastguard helicopter Rescue 118 from Croagh Patrick. Must be slippy after all the rain we had in the West.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Wasnt there meant to be some decent weather this week? Its like mid october here. Breezy cool and showery. Its going to be a long winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

More like winter in Arklow
    Peak now of 13.9c and cloudy
    2 small rain showers off the sea this morning brought a gusty howling wind with them, very wintry and down to under 9c at that time

No rain here but breezy and a chilly 13.3C....this is heading to be the coldest day since 1st June.

Summer is well and truly gone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm sat here under the duvet!

No sun and northerly breeze is pretty grim. Thankfully we'll have no wind and more sun by early next week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Am I the only one that is looking to the frosty mornings again..

When do we usually get first frost?

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Am I the only one that is looking to the frosty mornings again..

When do we usually get first frost?

I am also

I already got winter stuff ready lol

Gloves and wooly hats are in my work bag right now :)

B3lCSVm.png

Third day in a row...this is a mid-winter fantasy chart! :)

Polar low developing over northern Scotland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

18c and the suns out
    Can't complain

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's supposed to be dry in the west all this week :cool:
    I'm shocked, shocked I tell ye, at that forecast.

Advertisement