Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Gigs 2014

Options
  • 19-11-2013 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

Earl is playing The Academy 26th of March. Tickets €30 on sale Thursday. I am excite.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Pharoahe Monch
    Sugar Club
    Feb 8th
    Choice Cuts you legends
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Seen Pharoahe Monch a few years ago and he was unreal! Hip Hop gigs would be few and far between of it wasn't for Choice Cuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Game cancelled for some reason?

EDIT: Rescheduled until February

:eek:
    Dead Prez 12th March
    Sugar Club
    I would again like to reaffirm my love for Choice Cuts

****ING HELL.

DEAD ****ING PREZ!

Never thought I'd get a chance to see them live over here. Getting stoned and listening to their first two albums was a seminal part of my teenage years.

March is looking nice, Dead Prez followed by Earl!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

As there are gigs being announced, time for a new thread for 2014.
    Post from the 2013 thread merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭DeanSmedley

Tallaght rappers Hare Squead are playing the Academy on the 10th of January to launch their new mixtape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheMza

Pharoahe Monch
    Sugar Club
    Feb 8th
    Choice Cuts you legends
    :D

Unreal, never thought I'd see the day! Just had a quick look on ticketmaster, couldn't see anything, anyone have any idea of where to get tickets?

TheMza wrote: »
    Unreal, never thought I'd see the day! Just had a quick look on ticketmaster, couldn't see anything, anyone have any idea of where to get tickets?

They'll be up on Tickets.ie at some stage I'd say, better for us with no shítty fees.

They'll be up on Tickets.ie at some stage I'd say, better for us with no shítty fees.

Nice one mate, should be a great night!

• Advertisement

Looks like Stepbrothers ain't coming to Ireland next year :( Rhymesayers are well overdue an Irish show. Someone needs to book the whole label for a show over here :P

827264294.jpg?1386924173

Just seen this, makes up for Stepbrothers tbh.

Danny Brown is playing The Academy on the 25th of February. Tickets €25 on sale the 17th of this month. I'd say tickets will go fast. Might add another show if they do though like he did this year.

He was great in the Sugar Club this year but I wasn't a huge fan of the venue. The Academy is my favourite venue for hip hop shows though so it should be even better!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That StepBrothers tour is missing a lot of the big cities...although a little getaway to Frankfurt in Jan sounds nice.

I'll definitely get to the Danny Brown gig this time around.

Big Daddy Kane - 4th May - The Sugar Club

Next year is shaping up nicely!

Always wanted to see Big Daddy Kane live since I saw this video years ago. Too smooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Big Daddy Kane - 4th May - The Sugar Club

Right in the middle of exams.....

Right in the middle of exams.....

Yeah but, Big Daddy Kane is the only knowledge you need.

This is the view of Boom_Bap and not boards.ie

Don't tell your teachers I said this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭DeanSmedley

Hare Squead in the Academy tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

Vic Mensa just tweeted he's touring Europe with Danny Brown. Dublin February 25th

SimmerDean wrote: »
    Vic Mensa just tweeted he's touring Europe with Danny Brown. Dublin February 25th

Snap, just came in to post that! Should be an even better show now! Really like Vics tape!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

Homeboy sandman sugarclub dublin 6th March
    thanks to choice cut ,
    they just posted on their twitter page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

HighClass wrote: »
    Seen Pharoahe Monch a few years ago and he was unreal! Hip Hop gigs would be few and far between of it wasn't for Choice Cuts!

managed to get backstage after his show in tripod a few years ago, he posed for a picture with me, i was like thanks man and he said here get another 1, really sound guy.

Madlib is playing a DJ set in the Sugar Club on April 17th. Another Choice Cuts event.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Madlib is playing a DJ set in the Sugar Club on April 17th. Another Choice Cuts event.

If Choice Cuts really wanted to be good people they'd fly DOOM over from the UK and throw him on the bill as well :P

Some new/unreleased Madvillain in his DJ set would be nice! You never know with Madlib though, could end up being an hour and a half of salsa music.

Alot of hatred being directed thier way because they won some awards. But hasn't stopped them announcing a Marley Park gig on 10th July.

http://www.goldenplec.com/macklemore-ryan-lewis-play-marlay-park/

Anyone else been following the Boss Level Series with Alan Newman. You may remember the track Boss Level 1 with 8 mc's, well that track is the first in a series. 2 & 3 are in the pipeline.

There has been a gig put together:
    Boss Level Series Presents: Genesis Elijah & Tenchoo featuring The Apartment Six Club, This Side Up, Siyo & Collie. Plus a live performances on the night from Boss Level 1 & Boss Level 2 squad. Whelans, Wexford Street, 8th February, 7:30pm, €5 entry, ID essential

Should be a decent night.

Schoolboy Q. May 27th. Vicar Street. No details on tickets out yet.

First few months of the year are stacked with some great gigs!

Happy days :)

It gets better, Isaiah Rashad is supporting S-Boy Q.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

ah sh1te flying to prague that day .

Advertisement