Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Gigs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

DermoMIO wrote: »
    drinks very pricey though

Was it? Most drinks €5 or under, thought it was pretty reasonable for a venue. And unlike the Talib Kweli gig I went to in Tripod, there was at least more than just Heineken for sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

Brian wrote: »
    Was it? Most drinks €5 or under, thought it was pretty reasonable for a venue. And unlike the Talib Kweli gig I went to in Tripod, there was at least more than just Heineken for sale...

€5.20 bottles of heinekin + pints of guinness, €5.50 pints of becks, tennants was €4.20 which is good (not nicest to drink but not the point :) ) but yea there was a board with certain spirits priced @ €5 which is reasonable

I was sticking to whiskey, low calories :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Found out The Animators will be on support for Earl, good look for the lads but I'm pretty disappointed it's not RATKING, they've been supporting him on his US tour and his UK shows as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

I'd go just for RATKING if that was the case.

• Advertisement

Just seen this on Twitter, says that RATKING & Vince Staples will be at the show tomorrow. I'm 90% sure Vince is touring with Schoolboy Q right now though, be a nice surprise if RATKING are there.

http://www.viberbirds.com/ViberbirdsMobile/?action=showevent&id=658M3FR2ZD7W

Edit: Scratch that I've just seen another source say Domo will be there. Either or I'll be happy!

Earl show was great. Got in late and only caught a couple of Animators tracks but they but on a good set from what I seen. Earl was next level, I'm high on the stan level but it really was a solid show, had to leave the crowd a few times to get a drink so I wouldn't pass out..missed a few of the slower tracks, Chum & Sunday, but I was in the middle for most of the show. Really good show. I'm chuffed I got to see him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Our Vinyl Weighs A Ton tonight! Anyone heading?

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Our Vinyl Weighs A Ton tonight! Anyone heading?

You bet. Further investigation of these drinks prices is in order.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I went to the PB Wolf documentary last night. Thought it was great, although it didn't really dig too much into anything, but a good overview of Stones Throw.
    I'm the gobsh*te that asked the Rasco question :)
    It was interesting that that and the Vinyl Weighs a Ton albums were overlooked, and even more interesting that the guys who done where too young to really know about those albums.
    I think I could have answered PB Wolf wondering on why the Rasco album done so well over here, it's because back then before internet, we relied alot on magazine advertisments and interviews, and Time Waits For No Man popped up alot in the likes of The Source and HHC.
    Pre-show someone had told us that there is some massive beef between PB Wolf and Rasco, someone had heard it from Planet Asia. But I doubt that is the case with the answer I got.

As far as drink prices go, not 100% accurate, but I got change out of 20 for 3 bottles of Corona....no notes in the change. :)

I didnt hang around for the DJ set, was it any use? I had to get out of there because DJ Flip tried to make me a victim of a sexual assault at least twice, and there was a couple the other side of us putting on a live sex show, i felt dirty......the sex show girl was the one that asked the question 'like 'em, what's your favorite song?'

• Advertisement

Kanye & Pharrell playing Marley Park July 2nd. Should be a good one, hopefully P has a few N.E.R.D tracks in the setlist!

If you buy Corona you don't deserve any change mate.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If you buy Corona you don't deserve any change mate.
    I'm a rookie these days, I've kind of stopped drinking except on the odd occassion, yesterday was my first few beers this calendar year and that Mexican gold goes down easy :)

Hoegaarden on tap was €5.70, easy choice for me :p

Was drinking whiskey the last gig, but their selection is very poor for an "independent" style venue. Eh... jack Daniels and Jameson.

Actually have a few complaints about The Sugar Club by now, even if the picture itself was great.

I was talking to one of the Sugar Club lads last night, they have a few plans in the works for the Beer Garden/Smoking Area. Then are hoping to get access to the adjacent roof, set up a BBQ and get a DJ Booth set up outside.

Anybody get to listen to the new Mobb Deep album??
    Edit* Apologies wrong thread

By the way, the Doom excerpts in OVWAT were from this interview/Q&A which was kind of misleading, don't know if it was the case for other appearances

By the way, the Doom excerpts in OVWAT were from this interview/Q&A which was kind of misleading, don't know if it was the case for other appearances

Person I was sat beside said she recognized several interviews actually. I wonder how much of it was made for the film then?

Anyway fantastic film, fit as much in as possible without dragging it on. Can't wait to pick up the Madlib soundtrack. Need to check out some of the lesser known ST catalog too.
    Had to leg it before the VJ set, wonder how long PBW played for and it if was decent. And was there any barbie in the end?

Also, sex show girl's question was absolutely cringetastic. Blegh

I'd seen a few of the interview clips before, the ones with Snoop and Dam Funk were in the promo run to thier album.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Sage Francis is in the Sugar Club in October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

When will the actual line up for each day be announced for electric picnic? Not sure I can justify a whole weekend for basically just outkast :p

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

When will the actual line up for each day be announced for electric picnic? Not sure I can justify a whole weekend for basically just outkast :p

Probably not until quite late. Sunday is the only day with day tickets, so there's no need to announce it, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

Probably not until quite late. Sunday is the only day with day tickets, so there's no need to announce it, really.

That's what I mean, I'd like to know if they're on the Sunday or not so I wouldn't have to splash out on the full weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

Full performance from Outkast at Coachella:

The crowd are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Many going to Kane on the May Bank Holiday weekend?

Few years ago had tickets but got canceled.... can't be allowed happen again!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

Nas marked Illmatic‘s 20th anniversary by performing it in its entirety at Coachella this weekend. Great setlist and performance, he even brought out Jay Z for Dead Presidents & Where I’m From.

Full performance:

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Anyone know what the line-up for the Madlib show on Thursday is? It's 8pm-late, according to The Sugar Club's site, so there should be a pretty large bill. Anyone know what time he's due on at?

• Advertisement

What time did Madlib play til? Had to leave early... as per usual with the bloody Sugar Club.

Advertisement