Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Gigs 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What did he play?

I'm hoping to go to Sziget with my girlfriend during the summer. We're thinking of about two days there.

I've just seen today that OutKast have been added. I'm in charge of planning the holiday so I'm going to move heaven and earth to get to see them.

I was very excited already at the idea of going to the festival. This news, however, has tipped me over the edge. The prospects of hearing B.O.B. in 30 degree weather excites me greatly.

A one-day ticket is €50. You'll get stung on the flights but it's worth it.

****. I've just checked out their setlist for Coachella. I really have to go. They played Shutterbugg? Damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Saruwatari wrote: »
    What time did Madlib play til? Had to leave early... as per usual with the bloody Sugar Club.

They wrapped it up at around 11.45, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

According to ticketmaster Freddie Gibbs is down for the Twisted Pepper in September!

According to ticketmaster Freddie Gibbs is down for the Twisted Pepper in September!

And five in the UK just beforehand.

I'll definitely be going to one of them.

£14 or so for a ticket. A steal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Nice one! Lets hope it doesn't get cancelled again like his show over here last year!

He better not. I've just ordered my tickets there.

Ticketmaster UK were charging me £5.30 to get them sent out to me. That was the only option. I went onto the venue's page and downloaded them as a PDF. Not a hope I was paying for them to be delivered.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'll try to get some confirmation on this, a guy I know involved in the TP booking should know.

@Jimmy - Sziget is supposed to be excellent. my wifepiece was there a good few years ago and still speaks of it today. Its so close to the city that you can just get out of the festival and into the city for a break from the madness. I think the one rule is that you cant go in the water at the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'll try to get some confirmation on this, a guy I know involved in the TP booking should know.

He retweeted a message about the Manchester gig. I really hope it goes ahead.
    @Jimmy - Sziget is supposed to be excellent. my wifepiece was there a good few years ago and still speaks of it today. Its so close to the city that you can just get out of the festival and into the city for a break from the madness. I think the one rule is that you cant go in the water at the festival.

I'm really looking forward to it. I really hope they announce the schedule soon enough.

They are selling a city pass that gives you free travel and a 50% discount in the museums. We'll make good use of that when we're not at the concert.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Anyone go to Jonwayne gig or The Boom Bap BBQ over the weekend.
    I had to miss both unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

anybody going to Jazzy Jeff in twisted pepper tomorrow ? Skillz is supporting him as he does every gig which is all that interests me but €20 entrance is a bit steep imo http://bodytonicmusic.com/events/4276/

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

DermoMIO wrote: »
    anybody going to Jazzy Jeff in twisted pepper tomorrow ? Skillz is supporting him as he does every gig which is all that interests me but €20 entrance is a bit steep imo http://bodytonicmusic.com/events/4276/

I'll be there.

It's only €18 if you register with Bodytonic. I'd say €18-20 is standard price for a DJ like him.

His recent Boiler Room set is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

I might tip into this myself, the man is a legend.

I was supposed to be going in, but completely forgot that my missus has something on tonight, so i'll have to stay at home and look after the kids.
    B*llox.

Sounds like there is going to be a big crowd there as well.

Freddie Gibbs - Twister Pepper - 4th Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Well Big Daddy Kane was incredible.

I've seen that Joey Bada$$ is listed to play the Saturday at the Longitude festival. Day pass is €60, a bit too rich to see Joey, there is nobody else playing that day that interests me.

I've seen that Joey Bada$$ is listed to play the Saturday at the Longitude festival. Day pass is €60, a bit too rich to see Joey, there is nobody else playing that day that interests me.

Shame it's not Forbidden Fruit he's playing. Would be a good act to go on before Flying Lotus/Captain Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

60 for Joey Badass is steep alright, but having said that I've wanted to see him for quite a while now

• Advertisement

Snoop - The Academy - 10th July

Damn, very rare to see Snoop over here not in a festival setting. I've seen him before though so he can **** off with his €50 tickets for an Acadmey show :P Would love to go but not at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

It's the 10th of June, not July Boom Bap.

I'm very tempted, would love to see him!

mixery wrote: »
    It's the 10th of June, not July Boom Bap.

I'm very tempted, would love to see him!

So it is!

I've seen him once at a festival, it was excellent. He even had to stop the set to join in with a chorus of Ole Ole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Hypnotic Brass Ensemble were huge tonight as always. Up next BBNG!

Brian wrote: »
    Hypnotic Brass Ensemble were huge tonight as always. Up next BBNG!

Was the documentary any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Yeah, it was very interesting. Although there was a speaker cabinet in the middle of the stage blocking part of the picture...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭BadCompany

I've seen him once at a festival, it was excellent. He even had to stop the set to join in with a chorus of Ole Ole.

Oxegen 2005ish perhaps?? I saw him at this, back when I was a metal-head and thought all hip-hop was rubbish :rolleyes:. Still thought he put on a great show! "When I say Punches, y'all say town" :o Oh Snoop.

I'm quite tempted to do the double-header of Pusha T on Monday night and Snoop on the Tuesday but it would mean I'd miss 2 and a half, or maybe 3 days of work (I'm from Cork)... something to consider anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Eminem playing Wembley Stadium, pity about the price of tickets. Is there any chance he'll come over here again?

• Advertisement

BadCompany wrote: »
    Oxegen 2005ish perhaps?? I saw him at this, back when I was a metal-head and thought all hip-hop was rubbish :rolleyes:. Still thought he put on a great show! "When I say Punches, y'all say town" :o Oh Snoop.

I'm quite tempted to do the double-header of Pusha T on Monday night and Snoop on the Tuesday but it would mean I'd miss 2 and a half, or maybe 3 days of work (I'm from Cork)... something to consider anyway!

That was probably it! If i remember correctly, it was Razorlight and Kaiser Chiefs that played ahead of him, 3 excellent performances on the same stage in a row.

Advertisement