Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

sean12303 wrote: »
    hi, i jus booked my tickets and it said i was at GA2 wen i checked this at bonjovi seatin chart it said it was tiered seatin near the front will eminem be the
    same ?

It's all standing with the option to be seated, seats are open to come and go from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Anyone know where I'd get info on camping?

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Anyone know where I'd get info on camping?

http://www.slanefarmhostel.ie/blog/blog_detail.asp?postId=1011

google is amazing :P

BroLo wrote: »

:o my laptop is broken and my Internet on my phone is acting up, so thanks :o

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    :o my laptop is broken and my Internet on my phone is acting up, so thanks :o

No problem. That's just the first result so I dunno if you'll find better value.

• Advertisement

No problem. That's just the first result so I dunno if you'll find better value.

Seems to be the one I was looking for! Email sent off to the anyway looking for details, so we'll see when they reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sean12303

It's all standing with the option to be seated, seats are open to come and go from.

is this just for me or for everyone ?

Everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Dannyd789 wrote: »
    Hey could someone help me please? I was lucky enough to get a ticket but on the confirmation e-mail it says my ticket is in the G seated zone (I wanted a standing ticket) checked the ticketmaster website and they said all general admission tickets have these numbers but they dont mean anything, they're just to keep track of tickets. Was just wondering could anyone confirm this for me?

Just seeing this I got that as well didn't even realise I got seat location: section GA1
    It might still be standing and just saying that :S.

GA means general admission. "1" Means the section you enter in. They need to put a "seat location" for tracking, etc reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭dannyo666

I guess those "special" Slane buses for €20 will be leaveing from Parnell Square West like for Bon Jovi?Fierce handy if not familiar with dublin city centre like me......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

How's everyone getting there?
    I was thinking either going the day before getting a coach up and staying somewhere hotel/b&b walkable distance from Slane if there is anywhere or go early the next day. I'm not sure if I should book now or later since not sure who I'm actually bringing or I need to find someone and ask them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

Just booked a B&B in Drogheda. 5 of us going so €200 for a triple room and €180 for a double. That's for 2 nights.

We are going up Friday evening after work. Drive or get a bus to Slane Saturday and staying back in the B&B after the concert :)

Cannot wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭annettesayz

Well on an ordinary trip, Navan is about 15 minutes and Drogheda is 20 minutes. Of course it will take longer after the gig to get back but if may not be too bad.

Bus Eireann and a few private companies ran shuttle services to/from Drogheda for the KoL gig for €5 each way. Probably a better option for ye and means that ye won't need a driver. The Bus Eireann buses ran until 2:00am after the KoL gig!!

Thats Great !!
    I hope there will be shuttle bus's again, then I can research bnb's in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Yeah Navan is the closest town, around 12 mins away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Got mine this morning. I asked the guys in ticketmaster in Jervis and they said they were expecting it to sell out fairly fast. Siad the record for Slane was something like an hour and 15 minutes and he was expecting a little longer than that.

So I went online about 9:30 - I didnt know the time was changed to 8. When doing the verified by visa thing ulster Bank blocked my card (they have a habit of doing that - I didnt get Rihanna tickets because of it). I called them - they unblocked it. I tried again and they blocked it again.

I went to the ticketmaster in Elvery sports but their system had crashed. I then had to drive to tallaght to get the tickets.

And now, after worrying I wouldnt be able to get them - they're still not sold out...

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

DylanII wrote: »
    And now, after worrying I wouldnt be able to get them - they're still not sold out...

Tell me about it I rang one of the lads lastnight who said there had been a que at my local ticketmaster (ennis) since 10pm.
    I went down about half 1 and qued in the rain till this morning.

Oh well no complaining at least I got my tickets, couldnt miss the oppertunity :-)

Now to plan what to do, Ennis is too far to be travelling to after the concert im thinking we will have to stay in Navan/Drogheda like some of ye are saying.

Roll on August!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I honestly don't understand how this has not sold out... At Tennents Vital tickets where gone in 10mins... How much does Tennents Vital hold does anyone know?

Also I went queing for Foo Fighters tickets also for Tennents Vital... Was expecting them to sell out but never happened... Maybe people just don't feel like spending their hard earned money on tickets any more... Only areas like The o2 and Olympia seem to be selling out...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kuldeep121

Lucky you!Does he ever plan to come India?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

I honestly don't understand how this has not sold out... At Tennents Vital tickets where gone in 10mins... How much does Tennents Vital hold does anyone know?

Also I went queing for Foo Fighters tickets also for Tennents Vital... Was expecting them to sell out but never happened... Maybe people just don't feel like spending their hard earned money on tickets any more... Only areas like The o2 and Olympia seem to be selling out...

Pretty sure Tennants only holds around the 30/35 mark.......could be completely wrong though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

kuldeep121 wrote: »
    Lucky you!Does he ever plan to come India?
    lol random :)
    Maybe check his website or something..But I don't think he has ever been to India

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Truth is how many twenty somethings who grew up listening to eminem are in australia etc?
    Other factors are its so close to christmas the recession and him not being as popular as he once was maybe?
    How many tickets been sold does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭redappple

I cannot wait for this. Was planning getting tickets yesterday morning but I ended up winning two on 2fm last weekend! Wohoo!

I went to KoL 2010 and swore I would NEVER go back. Slane is messy. Girls bent over p***ing in graves, people collapsing, general messiness. The highlight of KoL was when some sick f**k behind me thought he would get a kick from p***ing on my legs (I was wearing a skirt). Not a good night.

I am a little worried about the crowd, but I was thinking it hopefully won't be as young a crowd as Swedish House Mafia - in all fairness Em was at his most popular in 2000-2006. I would have been one of the younger fans then and I'm in my mid twenties now?

Some of the crowd will be like yourself, the younger ones when he was popular will be 20ish+ now, however you will still have some undesirables going anyway, his music will always be popular with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Is this sold out yet? Might pick up a couple of tickets as an Xmas present

IsMiseJoe wrote: »
    Is this sold out yet? Might pick up a couple of tickets as an Xmas present

Can't you check yourself? Just go onto ticketmaster and see if you can buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

OH DEAR god, cant wait to see him again!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Think this could be work from the new 2013 album... May already have been released I am not sure?... I love all of his work with other artists Llyod Banks, Lil Wayne, Skylar Grey etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭LiffeyValleyB

The reason it hasn't sold out, and probably won't is that people are waking up to the fact €85.60 is too expensive for a single gig and MCD have been ripping people off with badly organized, over-priced gigs for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

The reason it hasn't sold out, and probably won't is that people are waking up to the fact €85.60 is too expensive for a single gig and MCD have been ripping people off with badly organized, over-priced gigs for years.

I loved the fact its advertised as 79.50 incl fees and then at the ticket master counter i got stuck for an extra 20 quid with my tickets.

Advertisement