Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

The Eminem Show (IMO) is the best album ive ever heard from start too finish...Every Song on there at least a 7/10 again IMO.

I completely agree. I much prefer his serious stuff too his piss takes. Don't get me wrong, Superman and songs like that are decent, I personally thought Relapse was a bit of a shambles, the accents were ridiculous, although some of the material was decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Methememb wrote: »
    I completely agree. I much prefer his serious stuff too his piss takes. Don't get me wrong, Superman and songs like that are decent, I personally thought Relapse was a bit of a shambles, the accents were ridiculous, although some of the material was decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

MMLP > Eminem Show > SSLP > Recovery > Encore > Relapse > Infinite

IMO

IMO

Nice idea.

IMO:

Eminem Show > Slim Shady LP > Marshall Mathers LP > Recovery > Encore > Infinite > Slim Shady EP > Relapse

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

IMO

Relapse, Encore and Recovery all better than Infinite?

• Advertisement

Relapse, Encore and Recovery all better than Infinite?

Thats what I was thinking Jimmy, you must be offended...

Thats what I was thinking Jimmy, you must be offended...

Well obviously I didn't make any money off Inifinite but it's definitely better than the others. It's some of Eminem's best work. It's totally different to most of the music that has made him famous though. Even at that it deserves better recognition than last place out of his 7 albums.

Just didnt take to it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

Hands down Marshal Mathers LP was his best work and what really kicked it off for him, at least on this side of the pond. When kill you dropped he was a made man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Hard to pinpoint a favourite album to be honest eminem show prob most well rounded to be fair and was when he was at his peak of fame

Not a fan of his latest stuff people say recovery is a great album i sont see it?

• Advertisement

Didn't like Recovery at all at first but grew to actually quite like it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Who do people expect as supporting acts?

The support is going to be have to be fairly decent to be honest. half thinking of buying a ticket now but it is really hard to justify that price if it is just him and D12.

Cypress hill were there the last time in Punchestown and they were good.

I think the promoters owe the paying public after not turning up the last time.

Snoop never fails to entertain. throw him on 4 o'clock. he will get the crowd going. don't know who you would get in between though

Bowlardo wrote: »
    The support is going to be have to be fairly decent to be honest. half thinking of buying a ticket now but it is really hard to justify that price if it is just him and D12.

Snoop never fails to entertain. throw him on 4 o'clock. he will get the crowd going. don't know who you would get in between though

Yelawolf, SLaughterhouse, Royce, 50, D12, and Em

Yelawolf, SLaughterhouse, Royce, 50, D12, and Em

Bizarre and Mr. Porter left D12 last year. Dunno if they'd have the presence on stage with only 3 artists to bash out a few songs.

Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse could well happen. Not so sure about 50. Maybe he will.

The majority there would only know 50 from those listed above.

Bizarre and Mr. Porter left D12 last year. Dunno if they'd have the presence on stage with only 3 artists to bash out a few songs.

Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse could well happen. Not so sure about 50. Maybe he will.

The majority there would only know 50 from those listed above.

True, unfortunately. That could be more of a reason for them to support, spreading the name. Rumours of an Eminem - 50 collaboration for an album. Not a fan of the idea personally. Especially if it means 50 would have a big(ger) part of the concert, I don't listen to him often. What would you think of such an album?

True, unfortunately. That could be more of a reason for them to support, spreading the name. Rumours of an Eminem - 50 collaboration for an album. Not a fan of the idea personally. Especially if it means 50 would have a big(ger) part of the concert, I don't listen to him often. What would you think of such an album?

50 is past it for me.

Em showed with a few tracks on Bad Meets Evil that he can still rap. His recent albums were atrocious really.

I've moved on from both of them. I wouldn't be interested in it.

50 is past it for me.

Em showed with a few tracks on Bad Meets Evil that he can still rap. His recent albums were atrocious really.

I've moved on from both of them. I wouldn't be interested in it.

I think Recovery doesn't get enough credit, some good songs on it IMO - No Love, Not afraid, Love the Way you lie, You're Never Over, Space Bound, 25 to Life

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Bowlardo wrote: »

It's nothing to do with the promoters, MCD aren't the reason he cancelled and they have no real say in support, they can just pick one of the supposed 4 that will be there.
    I'd say for support watch who he's playing with at Reading/Leeds,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Would you say Slane Castle VIP area is good place? I mean safe/good view/comfortable?
    I know it's like double price but I am not bothered about price for event like this. + I need a space to park a car somewhere.
    Any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

he was class at punchestown many moons ago but his latest stuff is awful in my opinion

id still nearly go but have an awful feeling this could be this years shm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Hevt1987

Hey everyone!!

I wondered if any one can give me some help!! Me & my sis are coming over from Scotland to see eminem! cant wait, were not missing this lol...

but we dont have a clue what to do re transport and accomodation... we can fly into either Belfast or Dublin, but then we'd need transport to Slanes return and accomodation...

Would we best to stay at Belfast or Dublin and travel to slanes, or stay sumwhere closer? any help be fab we dont have a clue what were doing lol!! xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Hevt1987 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!!

I wondered if any one can give me some help!! Me & my sis are coming over from Scotland to see eminem! cant wait, were not missing this lol...

but we dont have a clue what to do re transport and accomodation... we can fly into either Belfast or Dublin, but then we'd need transport to Slanes return and accomodation...

Would we best to stay at Belfast or Dublin and travel to slanes, or stay sumwhere closer? any help be fab we dont have a clue what were doing lol!! xxxx

I think it would be way better to fly to Dublin. As then it's just an hour or two away from Dublin. There is buses/trains as far as I know.

Stay in Dublin, you can get the 109 as far as Navan, then Im not sure on the bus from there to slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hevt1987

Thanks guys....

Is accomo resonably priced in Dublin?? we've never been so that should be good :)

Do they normally put on event buses that would go on the sat morning? xx

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Toohey

Thanks guys....

Is accomo resonably priced in Dublin?? we've never been so that should be good :)

Alcohol is cheap in supermarkets and of licences won't be cheap at the gig. There will be plenty of busses goin from Dublin !

Thanks guys....

Alcohol is cheap in supermarkets and off licences but won't be that cheap at the gig. There will be plenty of busses goin from Dublin !

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Toohey wrote: »
    Alcohol is cheap in supermarkets and of licences won't be cheap at the gig. There will be plenty of busses goin from Dublin !

I think the drink has been having an effect on you...
    (look at her post again :P)

kingcobra wrote: »

I think the drink has been having an effect on you...
    (look at her post again :P)

Holy Jesus that embarrassing !! I just seen a few Os and went with alcohol haha my bad !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Im from Cork and am laughing that ill actually be asking the exact same questions about the gig and its only a few counties away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 shaneoreillyo

rumours hes gonna play oxegen this year and also rumours that he might cancel this one.. surely the twittersphere just acting up again no chance of either i reckon.

Advertisement