Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

Got my tickets off ticketmaster last night. Can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Syndic

Think this could be work from the new 2013 album... May already have been released I am not sure?... I love all of his work with other artists Llyod Banks, Lil Wayne, Skylar Grey etc..

I don't know who that song is by but it's definitely not Eminem...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think people are underestimating how bad a reputation Slane has as a venue now. There are a lot of people who, having been there in the recent past, swore to never go back because getting out of the place is such a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Syndic wrote: »
    I don't know who that song is by but it's definitely not Eminem...

I'm pretty sure it is, it sounds exactly like him :confused:

EDIT: actually it isn't wow that lad sounds exactly like him though... His name is Denance or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭annettesayz

I'm pretty sure it is, it sounds exactly like him :confused:

EDIT: actually it isn't wow that lad sounds exactly like him though... His name is Denance or something...

Wow, it really does sound like him !! :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Wow, it really does sound like him !! :O

Yeah, it's crazy how similar he sounds... That song aswell is unreal ...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

Epic fail of 2012? Reduced from €900 to €575.......

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/musictickets/4326547

I found this a few hours after they went on sale.... one of fastest selling gigs........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

After purchasing two tickets, I had slight buyers remorse - expensive tickets, horrible venue, guarateed to have at least one killing (how horrifying is it that I expect carnage??) buuuuut I listened to some of his stuff and instantly knew I made the right decision :D

When I went o Kasabian in Marley Park, the security was over the top, but it was in preparation for David Guetta.
    If that level of security or more is for Eminem I'll be happy!

Just a horrible place to get to :(

Dublin bus better do some decent shuttle buses this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Epic fail of 2012? Reduced from €900 to €575.......

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/musictickets/4326547

I found this a few hours after they went on sale.... one of fastest selling gigs........

Not as bad as 2 I saw on Adverts.ie, one person had 2 tickets for 300 each, even lied about the face value over estimating it, when asked were they VIP tickets he said no and someone said he had some neck trying this given the fact that they were still on sale on Ticketmaster :P

The other one had 2 tickets up for bout 150 each.

Pretty sure it was against adverts rules so they're gone now.

Zwillinge wrote: »
    After purchasing two tickets, I had slight buyers remorse - expensive tickets, horrible venue, guarateed to have at least one killing (how horrifying is it that I expect carnage??) buuuuut I listened to some of his stuff and instantly knew I made the right decision :D

When I went o Kasabian in Marley Park, the security was over the top, but it was in preparation for David Guetta.
    If that level of security or more is for Eminem I'll be happy!

Just a horrible place to get to :(

Dublin bus better do some decent shuttle buses this time!

If punchestown '03 is anything to go by, security will be plentiful yet without being in your face. My memory of '03 was a hell of alot of scummers but little or no issues. Definitly no threatening atmosphere. Before and after was in my view one of the more relaxed atmospheres i've experienced at such a gig.

That said, put that many people together you'll always have some pleb to get out of hand but on the whole, relaxed evening.

• Advertisement

BroLo wrote: »
    Not as bad as 2 I saw on Adverts.ie, one person had 2 tickets for 300 each, even lied about the face value over estimating it, when asked were they VIP tickets he said no and someone said he had some neck trying this given the fact that they were still on sale on Ticketmaster :P

The other one had 2 tickets up for bout 150 each.

Pretty sure it was against adverts rules so they're gone now.

I think the touts will be licking their wounds this christmas. Obviously thought it'd sell out on the day and be a massive call for tickets as christmas presents so they'd cash in..... That said, there'll be money to be made closer to the gig.

I bought my tickets in person and picked up an extra for my cousin incase she had issue with the online system. Turns out she got hers easily so i've now got a spare. Decision now is to bring someone along on a freebie as i've a spare or wait until closer the day and pass it on. I think the freebie will be my choice because either way i'll be holding onto it for 8months and by then i wont be "down" €85 it'll just be a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

I think the touts will be licking their wounds this christmas. Obviously thought it'd sell out on the day and be a massive call for tickets as christmas presents so they'd cash in..... That said, there'll be money to be made closer to the gig.

I bought my tickets in person and picked up an extra for my cousin incase she had issue with the online system. Turns out she got hers easily so i've now got a spare. Decision now is to bring someone along on a freebie as i've a spare or wait until closer the day and pass it on. I think the freebie will be my choice because either way i'll be holding onto it for 8months and by then i wont be "down" €85 it'll just be a spare.

Bring Chuck and we can all go as one big happy family that really hate eachother ;)

Q_ueeny wrote: »
    Bring Chuck and we can all go as one big happy family that really hate eachother ;)

No thanks.... Gigs involve walking.... I'm not listening to it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Was only ever at Slane once and that was in 2001 when I went to the second U2 concert. I got a lift there and back so it wasn't too bad. I was supposed to go see Oasis there the last time they played but ended up selling my ticket ahead of time. After hearing the reports about getting to the bar and getting out of the place, I'm glad I didn't go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

just got my tickets there for me and the girlfriend!!

I know NOTHING about where Slane even is but i was i was ment too go too his last gig and went on holidays instead (before he cancelled) really cant wait now!!!
    Say GoodBye Too HollyWood
    Sing For The Moment
    Lose Yourself
    Hailies Song

CHoons!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 norash

GRMA wrote: »
    Great news because the scumbags will go to eminem rather than Bon Jovi, which I'm going to, so happy days!

LOL Im one of those "scumbags" who is actually going to both :) happy days

How many people does slane hold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

80,000 tho not sure how many tickets they're selling

Jesus....Im looking forward too it now....

Im guessing people stay in Dundalk Navan and Dublin and the likes and not just Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

reading back on the last few pages i can see a lot of people went to a lot of trouble to make sure they got tickets for this and think you were right to..thought there was a strong possibility of a day 1 sellout.

but think a combination of tickets being €15-€20 overpriced, peoples past experiences of slane and concern from parents over what happened in the park this year are some of the reasons it hasnt sold out..i know of two 14 year olds who are going crazy to go to this but their parents are having none of it.

id be more of a rock fan than anything else but saw Eminem 4 times over the years the best being in the London Arena when Stan was Number 1 in the charts and Dido came on and done that track with him..It was great gig and sure this will be the same.

the key to whether i go to this or not is in the support acts that are added ..with Reading/Leeds the following week im hoping they add some quality rock acts to the bill and not just stick to the usual Eminem formula of 50 cent/Lil Wayne/D12 etc etc Meh so for that reason the less tickets they have sold so far the better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Who do people expect as supporting acts?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Who do people expect as supporting acts?

Insane Clown Posse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Insane Clown Posse

Never heard of them must give them a listen checked google and they wrestled wcw and ecw!thats mad wrestlers supporting eminem!ha

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Never heard of them must give them a listen checked google and they wrestled wcw and ecw!thats mad wrestlers supporting eminem!ha

they are also white rappers from eminems time, maybe a little before... They put on a good show I'll put it that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

bobsman wrote: »
    Okay folks - need some help here!! my son will be almost 12 when Eminem plays - he is a HUGE fan - I only download the "clean" albums for him:):) He is dying to go - willing to pay with his own birthday money but am worried it will be too full on and adult for him. Have never seen Eminem live myself so don't really know what to expect - I would be going with him - I'm a 40 year old oul wan:D:D:D

I'd bring him but don't go near the front, you'd be demolished. Somewhere around the middle where there's a bitta space and you'd be grand. Don;t let him miss it anyway!

People saying about the last cancellation - He went into rehab. Its not like he wasn't arsed on a particular day, he cancelled the whole European tour and went into rehab for addiction.

Haha he's winding you up. Listen to the song Marshall Mathers, he's dissing ICP for the whole song.

Opinions on support acts? Apparently he's releasing an album with 50 cent over the summer. Hoping its not going to be a duet.
    I was at Tennant's Vital and it was unreal. Im thinking it'll be either Royce or 50. Would I be greedy for hoping Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse opened?

A new album from Eminem?Hmm dunno do i like that
    I'd prefer him too stick too the oldies!

A new album from Eminem?Hmm dunno do i like that
    I'd prefer him too stick too the oldies!

Agreed, hope he doesn't change his style too much. Nothing like The Eminem Show, Slim Shady LP

• Advertisement

The Eminem Show (IMO) is the best album ive ever heard from start too finish...Every Song on there at least a 7/10 again IMO.

Advertisement