Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭sabrewulf

bobsman wrote: »
    Okay folks - need some help here!! my son will be almost 12 when Eminem plays - he is a HUGE fan [...] I would be going with him - I'm a 40 year old oul wan:D:D:D

He will always remember this concert, one way or the other: He will either recall it as a great moment he witnessed together with his dad, or he will always remember it as a "the one that got away" moment wondering "what if...". I totally understand everybody's concerns as I have kids myself and it is a valid point that it won't be the safest place, but if you stay all the time with him, I think you should be grand and he will tell his children in a few decades about his cool dad. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26 Johnny Hooker

I'm hearing Deftones as a support act

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I know Deftones are playing Reading and Leeds but they would be a terrible support act for Eminem since most people would'nt have even heard of them . Plus id rather their own show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

From MCD TWitter:

Due to demand for tickets from yesterdays pre sale, tickets for Eminem at Slane Castle on August 17th will now go on sale at 8am and not 9am

Figured some folk may wanna know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ha, I wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭murphy125

Hi im just wondering do yous think tickets will be sold out fast tomorrow because my nearest ticketmaster doesn't open til 8 30 tomorrow morning
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dropinthocean

^its kinda spiralling out of control! Do people think It'll sell out fast? Like if I'm on at 8 will I get them? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Yea a good majority of my friends can't afford to get them tomorrow morning because of their monthly pay they have to wait till Friday wouldn't say their the only ones in that boat

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

Alarm set for 7.30 to get up to get tickets before work. :)

I'm all evening looking for places to stay but EVERYWHERE seems to be booked :(

Anyone have any idea? What's the next nearest town/village ect whete I could look to stay? Would I be correct in saying Drogheda is near? If I were to drive to the venue would I be hours getting out of the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Undecided about whether to buy tickets was just going to buy two tickets and find someone to go then I'm thinking if no one wants to go up to Slane I'd have to sell them or go alone.

and then everyones talking about the crowds. Was looking at the prices of vip its €215 per person not sure if it's worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Undecided about whether to buy tickets was just going to buy two tickets and find someone to go then I'm thinking if no one wants to go up to Slane I'd have to sell them or go alone.

and then everyones talking about the crowds. Was looking at the prices of vip its €215 per person not sure if it's worth it.

VIP doesn't look as good as it should be... I'm up now in 2 and half hours to get my ticket... Would love the gold circle ticket but don't have enough... If you where thinking VIP get gold circle instead it's 102euro but it's front row standing..

I was in the pit for Tennents Vital and it was a night to remember... I was very far back at Oxegen and it still was good, but being at the front was 10 times better... Can't even get to sleep now, if my local aint open at 8am all hell will break loose... They didnt open till half 9 when I was there at 9am one day waiting on Foo Fighters ticket, thankfully it didn't sell out...

I predict these tickets will be gone in 10-15mins...

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

VIP doesn't look as good as it should be... I'm up now in 2 and half hours to get my ticket... Would love the gold circle ticket but don't have enough... If you where thinking VIP get gold circle instead it's 102euro but it's front row standing..

I was in the pit for Tennents Vital and it was a night to remember... I was very far back at Oxegen and it still was good, but being at the front was 10 times better... Can't even get to sleep now, if my local aint open at 8am all hell will break loose... They didnt open till half 9 when I was there at 9am one day waiting on Foo Fighters ticket, thankfully it didn't sell out...

I predict these tickets will be gone in 10-15mins...

I can't sleep either. :P Did you see the Gold Circle ones listed anywhere? I was interested in these but it's looking like there will be only one standard ticket for 80 Euro (there's no others listed on TM Price range section :(). Maybe the Golden Circle thing is a Bon Jovi only thing?. I'm guessing if this is the case they will issue Pit wristband on a 1st come 1st serve basis like in Phoenix Park..

Also I was looking through some old posts and seen someone mention that they've done this before..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

This concert is going to make Swedish house mafia look like Downton abbey

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Newcastle1892

Does ticketmaster use paypal, because I lost my card and that's the only way I can pay for it now?

If not, how fast will this sell, am I ****ed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

kingcobra wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea who the support acts could be?

It goes Reggie, Jay-z, Tupac, and biggie, Andre from Outcast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas, and then me?

Does ticketmaster use paypal, because I lost my card and that's the only way I can pay for it now?

If not, how fast will this sell, am I ****ed?

I'm afraid you may be ****ed, it only seems to mention Credit and Debit cards on the site.. :(

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwh :(

Will it be sold out by tonight or tomorrow?

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwh :(

I really don't see it selling out to be honest, I guess it depends on how many tickets they're gonna have on sale, It could go either way but I'm leaning towards it not selling out till closer to the date.

That's good :) but was getting them as a christmas present and would of liked to have got them today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Mine says "Running, your wait time is approximately 5 minutes"

Does that mean I have the tickets in 5 minutes, it's just a matter of processing them or does it mean I'm in a queue and may not get them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Got mine, but no confirmation email yet. Bought them on the ticketmaster iPhone app, so bit nervous about it, has anyone used it before?

Mine says "Running, your wait time is approximately 5 minutes"

Does that mean I have the tickets in 5 minutes, it's just a matter of processing them or does it mean I'm in a queue and may not get them

I got that but eventually it "kicked" me, and I've restarted and now at 7 mins. Hopefully it'll quiet down in a few mins :o

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

I'm the same here :( running time 6 mins. Been like that for ages. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Got in at 8:00, run time of 1 minute. Kicked me, tried again, and again, and again...

Eventually got in at a run time of 6 minutes that took about 10, but got in in the end.

Regarding whether or not you're guaranteed a ticket if you're given a process time, you're not. You are in the queue so if it's gonna sell out fast, you might be out of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

BroLo wrote: »
    Got in at 8:00, run time of 1 minute. Kicked me, tried again, and again, and again...

Eventually got in at a run time of 6 minutes that took about 10, but got in in the end.

Regarding whether or not you're guaranteed a ticket if you're given a process time, you're not. You are in the queue so if it's gonna sell out fast, you might be out of luck.

Same here got them there.

BroLo wrote: »

It wrecks my head when ticket companies do this crap. They should anticipate a large number of people trying to get them. I queued for 2 hours for Glastonbury only to be told that they were sold out. There has to be a better way to do it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mc1990

Sar_Bear, I bought a ticket for my brother on the ticketmaster app after messages of nothing available, I had both google chrome and safari opened and had no luck getting a ticket that way. I received an confirmation email and just printed his ticket there, so you should get one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

mc1990 wrote: »
    Sar_Bear, I bought a ticket for my brother on the ticketmaster app after messages of nothing available, I had both google chrome and safari opened and had no luck getting a ticket that way. I received an confirmation email and just printed his ticket there, so you should get one :)

Great :) it's saying I have them and its in my events, but no confirmation email yet, thinking it could just be something to do with how busy ticketmaster are at the minute!

• Advertisement

It wrecks my head when ticket companies do this crap. They should anticipate a large number of people trying to get them. I queued for 2 hours for Glastonbury only to be told that they were sold out. There has to be a better way to do it :(

When the server can't keep up with the requests for information there's really nothing they can do, maybe Ticketmaster should charge €4.40 per ticket for some sort of "Service Charge" which which they could invest in better servers with.. :eek: Oh wait.. >_>

Advertisement