Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Too young IMO. Life isn't fair though, and I'm sure he will forget about Eminem by the time he's 16 or 18

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

OP google "Swedish House Mafia stabbings" if you haven't heard what went on at that concert already.

The audience for that concert will most probably be the same as the one at Eminem which is why I'm not going myself, let alone bringing a 12 year old to it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Having been to one I promise you that most definitely an Eminem gig is not suitable for a kid his age. He'll be upset over it of course but he'll get over it. For both his and your safety I would keep well away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya, I was 18 when I first saw Eminem. Absolutely loved it but there is no way a 12 yesr old could get enjoyment from it. Way way too rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Oh hai wrote: »
    Having been to one I promise you that most definitely an Eminem gig is not suitable for a kid his age. He'll be upset over it of course but he'll get over it. For both his and your safety I would keep well away.

Agreed, he's way too young. My lad is 11 and there's no way he'd be going to a gig like that, regardless of who it was!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Will be full of scumbags, wouldn't take a 16 year old, never mind a12 year old. The crowd he will attract won't be good, there'll be a large minority who will wreck things. Will be much worse than Swedish House Mafia.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

He might be a little young but with that said I plan on bringing my nephew who is only 13, BUT! only if I manage to get a Gold Circle ticket (which is the pit at the front and will most likely cost more that the €79.50 ticket) 60,000 people is a massive crowd, based on personal experience I find that you will have to deal with less drunks and what not since it's usually a long hike to the bar and they tend to get lost along the way :D. There will MOST LIKELY (not guaranteed though!) be more security in this area too. You also have the opportunity to stand at the back of the pit where you wont necessarily get "wedged in" but at the same time he'll be close enough to see Em.

There's still no definite as to if these tickets will go on sale though, since they've not been listed on the Ticketmaster site as of yet :rolleyes: but they've the same set up for Bon Jovi 2013 (Slane also) and they're gonna have to have a pit of sorts at the front. I don't want you to think that a general ticket won't be fine either It's all about the crowd you end up standing by, if they're rowdy then it might ruin your night and a crowd that size will never be 100% policed by security..

If you feel that the show itself might not be suitable for him I think it's best to watch some videos on his previous performances and judge that yourself since every parent has their own idea of what is and is not suitable for their child. Here are some videos which I took at his performance at Oxygen back in 2010, maybe you could have a look through these and it might help you decide :)

Videos Link

Hope that helps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Put it this way. There was a fight at a Florence + The Machine gig the other day so at an Eminem gig, there's a far greater potential for violence due to the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Way too young OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Definitely not in my opinion, way too young for the kind of thing that would be at the majority of big concerts, let alone Eminem!!!

I was allowed to my first concert at sixteen, with my father, uncle and cousin in tow... I wanted to go alone but there was no way that was happening, and after being there I'm glad they came ha ha. That was a Metallica concert, amazing experience, but I would definitely think twice before bringing someone so young into such a crazy environment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

DC10555 wrote: »
    He might be a little young but with that said I plan on bringing my nephew who is only 13, BUT! only if I manage to get a Gold Circle ticket (which is the pit at the front and will most likely cost more that the €79.50 ticket) 60,000 people is a massive crowd, based on personal experience I find that you will have to deal with less drunks and what not since it's usually a long hike to the bar and they tend to get lost along the way :D. There will MOST LIKELY (not guaranteed though!) be more security in this area too. You also have the opportunity to stand at the back of the pit where you wont necessarily get "wedged in" but at the same time he'll be close enough to see Em.

There's still no definite as to if these tickets will go on sale though, since they've not been listed on the Ticketmaster site as of yet :rolleyes: but they've the same set up for Bon Jovi 2013 (Slane also) and they're gonna have to have a pit of sorts at the front. I don't want you to think that a general ticket won't be fine either It's all about the crowd you end up standing by, if they're rowdy then it might ruin your night and a crowd that size will never be 100% policed by security..

If you feel that the show itself might not be suitable for him I think it's best to watch some videos on his previous performances and judge that yourself since every parent has their own idea of what is and is not suitable for their child. Here are some videos which I took at his performance at Oxygen back in 2010, maybe you could have a look through these and it might help you decide :)

Videos Link

Hope that helps :D

Wait a second, you'll only bring your 13 year old nephew to Eminem if you can get pit tickets because that'll be safer in some way? The Pit is usually madness at the best of times and yet you think it would be the best place for your 13 year old nephew to be an Eminem concert of all places? Righhhht...

Wait a second, you'll only bring your 13 year old nephew to Eminem if you can get pit tickets because that'll be safer in some way? The Pit is usually madness at the best of times and yet you think it would be the best place for your 13 year old nephew to be an Eminem concert of all places? Righhhht...

The front/middle of the pit can be madness because everyone is trying to make it to the railing I agree, However the back of the pit is generally more relaxed.. or it has been from my experience. It's just my 2 cents, maybe I've been getting mad luck all these years or maybe you've just be unlucky in the pit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

In fairness, the pits these days in Ireland are ludicrously oversized. Usually 4,000 or so in an area that would fit about 15,000 comfortably. Some health and safety regs to avoid crushing at the front of the stage I suppose.
    He/She is dead right about not being wedged in any way up there, especially at the back of the pit they would have loads of room.

That said, the crowd at this thing will be horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Cheers folks - really appreciate all the opinions and I agree with ye all:D my gut instinct was telling me it was a bad idea anyway. I have had the Slane experience and it ain't pretty:( any decent DVDS of the man himself live???

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If you are 40 plus and a parent... And you even entertain the idea ? Hmmmm worrying is all ill say, very worrying..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

whatever about the suitability of the crowd etc...

the main gripe i had with slane years ago at red hot chilli peppers was how long it took to get out from up there at the front, id say well over an hour, to walk back just to get off the arena area at the end of the concert.

then we had to walk what felt like another few miles back to where all the offical buses back to dublin city centre where, i didnt get back until about 3am id say.

your kid certainly wont enjoy this process! it turned me off ever going to slane again and i was 17 at the time! putting me off again aged 26 and thats before i consider the dodgy crowd which is prob the deciding factor ultimately in me not going!

it would be great if he played a few dates in the 02 and there'd be the option of good seated tickets. id be first in line if he played there, too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Does anyone know if there's seated tickets going on sale? I know there's usually seats on the hill to the left of the stage and outside the castle.

Thinking of bringing my younger brother if I could get seated tickets away from all the madness, but if its just GA I'll stay clear.

jamieh wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's seated tickets going on sale? I know there's usually seats on the hill to the left of the stage and outside the castle.

Thinking of bringing my younger brother if I could get seated tickets away from all the madness, but if its just GA I'll stay clear.

There seems to be no mention of seating from MCD/Ticketmaster as of yet but the Slane website is selling VIP tickets which come in at a whopping €215 per person and include "Premium Grandstand Seating" and "VIP Reserved Parking"

http://www.slanecastle.ie/castle/castle_vip.php

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

DC10555 wrote: »
    Fixed.

We're not all scumbags. :D

On another note, I see that the MCD Pre-sale (Facebook) is starting Monday at 9PM, There's no mention of any Gold Circle tickets as of yet and only price range listed on the Ticketmaster Website (€79.50), Does any one know of it was the same for Bon Jovi? or maybe they will have the pit like they did at SHM/Snow Patrol and issue wrist bands based on a 1st come 1st serve basis.

That's what I'd like to know. I would love to get them now and surprise the GF, but we'd wanna be getting to the front so if there's gonna be a golden circle and I buy GA I'd be pretty miffed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

He would be too small and could get crushed with all the drunk people and people off their heads! Also the huge possibility of losing him. You mightn't get a phone signal around Slane if he gets lost. I was at his concert at Oxygen and yea people going nuts and a lot of pushing

Here's a concert on youtube. Theres a couple of eminem concerts on dvd and blueray on Amazon.

• Advertisement

BroLo wrote: »
    That's what I'd like to know. I would love to get them now and surprise the GF, but we'd wanna be getting to the front so if there's gonna be a golden circle and I buy GA I'd be pretty miffed.

Yup, I'm holding out until general sale can't be bothered risking buying a ticket now only to find out the Gold Circle etc goes on sale later..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Just got my tickets through the pre sale link on the FB page 85:50 a ticket including booking fee can't wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

If you are 40 plus and a parent... And you even entertain the idea ? Hmmmm worrying is all ill say, very worrying.

And you are Mary Poppins, I suppose or wait, prob not a parent at all - to all the rest of ye - thanks for helpful replies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

I'd bring him we brought my 12 year old brother to punchestown last time he was here was no hassle and my brother he looked about ten he was a small lad ....it's up to you I'd bring em personally

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Does anyone have any idea who the support acts could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

kingcobra wrote: »

Biggie and Tupac I reckon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

areyawell wrote: »
    He would be too small and could get crushed with all the drunk people and people off their heads! Also the huge possibility of losing him. You mightn't get a phone signal around Slane if he gets lost. I was at his concert at Oxygen and yea people going nuts and a lot of pushing

Here's a concert on youtube. Theres a couple of eminem concerts on dvd and blueray on Amazon.

wow your going to be blown away, what a show - not!!!suckers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Did anyone else hear of an announcement tomorrow? Probably just a rumour though...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 alant7

I totally agreee, I organised a bus for 30 people to Oasis in 2009 from Galway all about 27,, I was fairly sober, it was absolute carnage from very early, swore I would never go back to Slane again,, 11 year olds stay away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

kingcobra wrote: »

I'm guessing the Original Rudeboys will be somewhere on the bill

Advertisement