Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options
  • 12-12-2012 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Eminem playing slane next August 17 ,tickets on sale the 19th at 9am
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Il be trying to get tickets...just hope he does make

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Will this be a fast sell out do people think? Not sure what the capacity of Slane is, guessing the Gold circle will be a fast sellout anyway, but what about general admission?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭annettesayz

He won't let us down again, he'll make it.
    I cannot wait !! Very unexpected..

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

Cannot wait :D

Anyone have any idea how much tickets will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Q_ueeny wrote: »
    Cannot wait :D

Anyone have any idea how much tickets will be?

€79.50 plus the usual ticketmaster add on of approx €6.00...

Same price as Bon Jovi!

• Advertisement

€79.50 plus the usual ticketmaster add on of approx €6.00...

Same price as Bon Jovi!

Jesus. :eek:

Ill still buy them tho. Love Eminem and never been to Slane :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Jesus. :eek:

Ill still buy them tho. Love Eminem and never been to Slane :D

I'd keep my money in my pocket tbh. Wouldn't pay that for him, and the hassle of getting to and from that dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Lord Henry vowed that he wouldn't ever have him there after the cancelled show a few years ago. The chance of making a few €s has obviously changed his mind.
    It will hardly sell out though. I wouldn't go if I was paid to, it will be messy there I'd say with the sort of crowd that he would appeal to.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Lord Henry vowed that he wouldn't ever have him there after the cancelled show a few years ago. The chance of making a few €s has obviously changed his mind.
    It will hardly sell out though. I wouldn't go if I was paid to, it will be messy there I'd say with the sort of crowd that he would appeal to.

I am kind of worried about this.

I think it will sell out. I was gutted when he cancelled :( Is there camping in Slane or when do people generally stay when attending concerts in Slane?

I think they were extremely stupid for giving him another chance since, I wouldnt be surprised if it goes tits up again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I think they were extremely stupid for giving him another chance since, I wouldnt be surprised if it goes tits up again

Wonder will he get an Axl Rose type reaction??? :D

I'd keep my money in my pocket tbh. Wouldn't pay that for him, and the hassle of getting to and from that dump.

I booked a B&B in Slane weeks weeks before the first announcement as both the June and August dates were well documented.

If you don't want the hassle of travelling then why not just have a B&B booked in advance (all sold out by now) OR camp like thousands of others who head up Friday night/Saturday morning and make a proper w/e of it. Takes all the hassle and stress away. I would never travel to and from Slane plus it's way more enjoyable soaking up the campsite atmosphere or a few pints in the village the night before!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

He has played Oxegen since and it was whole Euro tour, not just Slane, that got cancelled.

I am kind of worried about this.

I think it will sell out. I was gutted when he cancelled :(Is there camping in Slane or when do people generally stay when attending concerts in Slane?

I booked my B&B months ago as the dates were well know. Everywhere in Slane will be full at this stage. My advice would be to camp in one of the many campsites near the Castle. I did this in 2010 for KoL. €20.00 per person for two nights camping (Friday and Saturday). You could park your car next to your tent. Great facilities including hot showers etc and security on site. Soaked up the atmosphere the night before, had a few pints in the village and headed down to the Castle on the Saturday lunchtime.

Back to the campsite Saturday night. Great atmosphere until the early hours. I could see the miles of traffic leaving the car parks from my tent. Got up Sunday morning, nice big breakfast in the village and hit the road around lunchtime, no traffic around. Complete hassle free weekend!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

BroLo wrote: »
    Will this be a fast sell out do people think? Not sure what the capacity of Slane is, guessing the Gold circle will be a fast sellout anyway, but what about general admission?

Whats the Gold Circle? I'm guessing this is the pit? If they are, will they be general sale or have you to be in a "club" of sorts to get priority etc..

I've never been to Slane before is there parking on site or whats the story? lol going by some of the other posts its not the nicest place to get in/out of? either way I be going to this >.< :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26 Johnny Hooker

This will make the Swedish House Mafia gig look like a tea party

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

This will make the Swedish House Mafia gig look like a tea party

You can sing it. The couldn't police 40,000 at swedish house mafia how are they going to control 80,000:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What would be the best way of going about this if travelling from around the country? I know 'aka accounts' has mentioned driving and camping, but this wouldn't be an option for me.

I was thinking of (and would prefer to) book a room in Dublin presuming there is public transport to and from Slane from Dublin on the night of the concert? It would work out far easier for me anyway, but would buses still be running after the concert?

Cheers for any advice. Hopefully it won't be a logistical nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

stayed here for oasis

http://www.slanefarmhostel.ie/

great spot about a mile from the venue

book early though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Paully D wrote: »
    What would be the best way of going about this if travelling from around the country? I know 'aka accounts' has mentioned driving and camping, but this wouldn't be an option for me.

I was thinking of (and would prefer to) book a room in Dublin presuming there is public transport to and from Slane from Dublin on the night of the concert? It would work out far easier for me anyway, but would buses still be running after the concert?

Cheers for any advice. Hopefully it won't be a logistical nightmare.

there was mayhem after oasis

could very well be the same for eminem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

DC10555 wrote: »
    Whats the Gold Circle? I'm guessing this is the pit? If they are, will they be general sale or have you to be in a "club" of sorts to get priority etc..

I've never been to Slane before is there parking on site or whats the story? lol going by some of the other posts its not the nicest place to get in/out of? either way I be going to this >.< :D

Yep, it's the pit. They are on general sale, more expensive though.

When I went to KoL I just got a coach. Probably the easiest way, don't have to worry about parking and you can have some beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Why were they stupid?

Why were they stupid?

I Said I "thought they were stupid" because (in my opinion) he is an unpredicable, not to mention unreliable loose cannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

swedish mafia part deux :)

i'll just sit back and watch the mayhem

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I Said I "thought they were stupid" because (in my opinion) he is an unpredicable, not to mention unreliable loose cannon.

What on earth are you talking about?

Yes, he cancelled a tour 8 years ago by the time this gig comes around. He's played on this Island twice since and as far as I know he's not really cancelled much since. Lots of artists have cancelled tours for personal reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Great news because the scumbags will go to eminem rather than Bon Jovi, which I'm going to, so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

GRMA wrote: »
    Great news because scumbags A SMALL AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WITH NO SENSE OF DECENCY will go to eminem
    rather than Bon Jovi, which I'm going to, so happy days!

Fixed.

We're not all scumbags. :D

On another note, I see that the MCD Pre-sale (Facebook) is starting Monday at 9PM, There's no mention of any Gold Circle tickets as of yet and only price range listed on the Ticketmaster Website (€79.50), Does any one know of it was the same for Bon Jovi? or maybe they will have the pit like they did at SHM/Snow Patrol and issue wrist bands based on a 1st come 1st serve basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Okay folks - need some help here!! my son will be almost 12 when Eminem plays - he is a HUGE fan - I only download the "clean" albums for him:):) He is dying to go - willing to pay with his own birthday money but am worried it will be too full on and adult for him. Have never seen Eminem live myself so don't really know what to expect - I would be going with him - I'm a 40 year old oul wan:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

It would be the crowd not the music i'd be worried about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I wouldn't bring an 11 year old to an Eminem gig, particularly when it's an all-dayer and will be packed full of drunks, too young for that carnage

Advertisement