Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

• 02-12-2010 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I'll kick this one off this morning :)

Blanchardstown packed with snow.

The IOM shadow is still lurking.

PS: Tomorrow could be interesting too if what Met Eireann say may happen - westerly systems hitting cold air.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

it still coming down in wicklow no work for me nice big walk in the snow and lots of tea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

still lots of snow lying here, gritter hasnt been on the main road since about 6 so could be fun with everyone tryin to leave there houses soon:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Good morning from snowless south Donegal. :)

Though we did manage -11.2 last night

Source: NRA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Think we're in for it here.. sky is gloomy, like its coming down on roofs. Fluffy flakes lightly falling now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Big night of snow from 3:30ish onwards in Leixlip. will get out later with my camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

There is no sign of it stopping from across the english channel but wind is to change to a N direction so we may get a pause today. Lets hope we get leatherd tomorrow though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Snowed overnight in blackrock but not that much so no day off for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

wife left for work but has now returned,roads to bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Silcocky

Clonee was pasted, huge amounts of snow, at a guess it's lying at around four to five inches!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

wife left for work but has now returned,roads to bad.

where was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Tinahely here. All the footprints from yesterday have dissapeared. We had avoid bit of snow last night. Still going. It's the worse I have ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

Very little, to no, snow overnight in Dublin 7. Clear sky now this morning with scattered clouds. Looks like we're in the IOM shadow again.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

How are the roads into Trim, Meath.
    From Dublin, I ususally take the M4 to kilcock then hit Trim via Summerhill.
    Kilcock - Summerhill a disaster on Tuesday. Took a snow day yesterday.
    How's Meath this morning? Maybe Trim via N3/Navan? Anny thoughts?
    Icy here in Dublin 4.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Tried to leave for work at 7.30 this morning (D14) but the roads are letal with the packed ice. Think i'll try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

No snow here since ten last night...
    How is a north wind going to effect everything? Will it blow the showers toasted Dublin city centre?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Reasonable amount of snow overnight by Lusk standards, certainly the most I've ever seen living here. Hail pouring down now.

Anyone know if much snow or what the roads are like around the Long Mile Road? - Trying to make up my mind whether its worth the journey to a meeting this morning there :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Lots of snowfall here in D15.

Does anyone know what driving conditions are like?

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I know you are all snow lovers in here and generally I would consider myself a snow lover too but how much is too much? How long does this have to go on before you say enough is enough?

Lots of snowfall here in D15.

Does anyone know what driving conditions are like?

their not too bad, but just take it slow and drop the gear before hitting a round about to slow as opposed to breaking.

I have to say - all this talk about great grit supplies etc. blanch road north and ballcoolin road is not gritted AT-ALL.

more chancers and spin merchants i think - it's as if the council did nothing in blanch road north?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

spockety wrote: »
    where was that?
    portarlington driving to naas.she 8 months pregnant so makes her decision easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

still nothing in cork. my blood pressure is rising:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

snoooooooow! (between naul & lusk) yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Thaw on in Dublin1. Dripping water from the roofs and roads are turning to a safer slush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mick.c

im there already,,, thank god for the IOM shadow we might get a break here in south carlow.. most roads are impassable

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Must be close to a foot lying (not counting drifts) in my garden in Trim. About 2 more inches last night (we cleared a corner of the garden table to check what would fall, about 2 inches on it now).

http://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/default.asp?RegionId=0

why has the M50 blanch interchange disappeared from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Seemingly thawing a little in Stepaside. Roads are slushy (thanks to a plough) and any snow left on my car last night was more or less gone this morning (though I was parked underground). Some dark clouds approaching though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

their not too bad, but just take it slow and drop the gear before hitting a round about to slow as opposed to breaking.

I have to say - all this talk about great grit supplies etc. blanch road north and ballcoolin road is not gritted AT-ALL.

more chancers and spin merchants i think - it's as if the council did nothing in blanch road north?

The only place I saw grit was all over the path along the millenium park - it was like they had dumped it all there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

Like PauloMN, Athboy got a bit of a hammering last night, not sure if we will get anymore today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭toilet_ducks

Snow again in Celbridge. Quite a dumping between yesterday evening and last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement