Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

question for the experts how is it looking for the next 24hours

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hope all those with your feet of snow realise you have had the pleasure of experiencing a near once in a lifetime event!:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

Sun shining in Finglas. Fecking blinding me as it shines off the snow...!
    More sneachta please!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

This is the third year in a row in West Dublin (Castlenoc/Blanch/Lucan) Weathercheck that we have had very serious snowfall so it is not a once in a life time in these parts. Skerries and lusk always manage to escape the snow. I know it snows a bit but I still cannot understand why it does not stick for long. In Malahide and Portmarnock and indeed Howth there have been large amounts and there still is, especaiily Howth. Balbriggan has a lot apparently also. Maybe you could throw some lgiht on this.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Cabinteely to town at 8:45 was a dream , roads nice and mushy , very few slippy spots and taking it handy a very easy journey in with no traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I'm in the City Centre in Dublin 1 and from where I sit in work all I can see is sunshine and blue skies!!!

I had forgotten what they looked like!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Pissed off no snow :mad:Don't expect none either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Snow shoes for sale Portmarnock......Sunglasses wanted ! Think I will landfill the beach so that i'm further inland !

Thats after sinking the IOM !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

selina8099 wrote: »
    where can I buy a pair of warm shoes:( to against this cold weather?

honestly i'm wearing safety shoes (i wore walking boots last year and the slide on ice ) stick safety shoes on no prob must have softer soles or soemthing trouble might be finding womens ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Bit grateful for being in teh shadow at the moment. My local shop has hit the new record for inflation. €5.15 for the tiny jar of nescafe.Need to get to tesco as I aint giving that scabby git another penny :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Hope all those with your feet of snow realise you have had the pleasure of experiencing a near once in a lifetime event!:D;)

Sunny here in Bray now, a couple of inches still on the ground, I reckon there will be a thaw today. Weathercheck, Met Eireann are forecasting snow from this front tomorrow, they are forecasting it to hit around dawn, will this increase chances of snow or are we looking at rain only along the coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

im in lucan, just down the road, its been lashing snow here the last 30 mins, id say we have about a foot & a half here at this stage

Really? The sky is clearing up up Willsbrook Park. I even see some sunshine now! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Nothing much out this way again. I guess the IOM shadow strikes again :(

On the plus side, traffic was very light into work this morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Bit grateful for being in teh shadow at the moment. My local shop has hit the new record for inflation. €5.15 for the tiny jar of nescafe.Need to get to tesco as I aint giving that scabby git another penny :mad:

If he's put the prices up just because of the snow then I would be doing everything I could to ensure I never shop there again... and I'd tell him that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

NORTH D15 - BLANCH

big fluffy snow and lots of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

More snow in Maynooth. This is definitely worse than '87, I only vaguely remember '82.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Just went for a quick walk around the fields near my house and it is magnificent out there. Snowing lying at least 20 cm in places, the poor dog was struggling through it. A few flakes falling as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

At lease another 6 inches here in Wexford (Cleariestown/Duncormick area).

Blizzard like conditions at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Snowing in swords again. Light blizzard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

Woah! I'm in D13. Just looked out the window, sky has darkened significantly in the last 10 mins. The streamer is about to hit with force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

It is absolutely pelting it down with hail in Balbriggan at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Woah! I'm in D13. Just looked out the window, sky has darkened significantly in the last 10 mins. The streamer is about to hit with force.

Not with force! Just a 3 minute shower for me!

Radar also shows it dying! Hopefully it is a good sign though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Light snow in Portmarnock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Right ready to go, as soon as this latest blizzard stops:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Just started pelting down again in Lucan.
    Big thick fluffy flakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

selina8099 wrote: »
    where can I buy a pair of warm shoes:( to against this cold weather?
    I bought these in the Great Outdoors on Tuesday. http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/acatalog/Olang_Patty_Women_s_Snow_Boots.html

I can walk at my normal pace on the icy/slushy footpaths so I'm delighted with them. They cost me 55 euro. I know they were running very low on stock so not sure if they've any left at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Clear sky over D5, I can see the northern streamer literally just missing me :(

Feck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Annuv

I woke up this morning happy that we finally got the snow that I wished for, 4-5 inches in Kilkenny.
    Then I come on here and view the photos from Wicklow and Wexford and now I want more - Snow envy is an awful thing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Leixlip got about 2-3 inches last night, up to 6 inches overall now. It's been snowing heavily for the last 30 minutes. Luckily I can work from home (hook into work email etc. via VPN) and have been doing so all week. Trying to clear my email here so I can head our and clear the driveway. Actually looking fwd to it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭toilet_ducks

Coming down heavy in Celbridge again. Looks like we're in the direct path of streamers now. Take that Isle of Man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement