Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Really, where abouts? I thought it was ok. I left Grange Road at 8am and made it to St. Vincents by 8.30....compared to Tuesday where is took me almost 2 hours!
    Goatstown could'nt get out of my estate even. Think i'll give it another shot after lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Blizzards here all morning, there was a foot on the garden table last night , now its almost a foot and a half.:eek:

I think we should all remember this is November and that we are witnessing something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Off to work i go again, bye snow lovers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CuteOne

smokin ace wrote: »

Same here in town. Great eh?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

clear skys d17/13 area temp of about +2 not much snow over night bit of a thaw on now. i am dissapoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

ahhh finally i get my dose of the Big freeze thread! I couldnt connect last night, i didnt know what was going on :mad:

Bray got plenty yesterday but not much last night i think. I got the bus to work (Blackrock) and although it was slow, it was pretty smooth ride. I got to work in time. Roads nearly empty :)
    The rain today radar shows no snow for Dublin CC, South Dublin or North Wicklow for now.
    Lets hope we get some later!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cant believe the N11 webcam..no cars at all at 09:11 in the morning on a Thursday!!

137708.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

-9 in Crossmolina, Mayo this morning. So glad i didnt go back to Canada in October cos of the fear of winter approaching there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    I think we should all remember this is November and that we are witnessing something special.
    What time zone are you in? It's December now in Dubland...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

smokin ace wrote: »

and this is what its like outisde mine !!

110d49e1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Mister men wrote: »
    Goatstown could'nt get out of my estate even. Think i'll give it another shot after lunch.

Hopefully I'll be on the way home by then! Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

irish1967 wrote: »

110d49e1.jpg

WOW thats some difference you would think its a different country altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

I'm in Dublin 13 near Howth. We're in the IOM shadow. Clear skies above us.
    I can see a massive streamer to the north. Just to my north and slightly out to sea there is clearly visible large snowstorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭diamondgirl

Supercell wrote: »
    Cant believe the N11 webcam..no cars at all at 09:11 in the morning on a Thursday!!

137708.jpg
    you can see by the road why, look at the shine on the road, id say its like an ice rink:)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I gotto say. I'm fed up. Hope it rain. Can't get into work now for 4 days and tomorrow is looking bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭yolanda

Just got my measuring tape out and have 40cms of snow in the yard. Really do have to go to work tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

a shoe shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

selina8099 wrote: »
    where can I buy a pair of warm shoes:( to against this cold weather?

Not knowing where you live I'd suggest Milletts or Great Outdoors for a good pair of walking shoes or boots. Just make sure you buy nice thick socks as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

More snow in Waterford overnight. Footprints I made in the garden are gone again, must have been a heavy fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

yolanda wrote: »
    Just got my measuring tape out and have 40cms of snow in the yard. Really do have to go to work tonight!

Are we supposed to guess where this is? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Blizzards here all morning, there was a foot on the garden table last night , now its almost a foot and a half.:eek:

not being pedantic but december now!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Jaysus, I woke up in Maynooth only to get shocked by an additional 4-5 inches that fell overnight. I was not expecting that. Going by the radar there's more to come over the next few hours as Maynooth is in a shooting line of the streamers north of the IOM shadow and they keep bubbling up.

Now, lads, I'm from Poland and such amounts of snow are not unusual for me, but this is slowly starting to get serious even from my point of view. Somehow I can't imagine the rest of the winter looking like that, I think we will see a lot of snow over the next months but not accumulations like today/tomorrow.

My wife took a train to Connolly in the morning and spent 3 hours in it as it got stopped for an hour in Leixlip and another at Broomsbridge.

EDIT: just started bucketing down again!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭diamondgirl

ytareh wrote: »
    Heavy snow in Leixlip , Kildare right now and clearly has been all night ,kerbs and roads in estate indistinguishable....Hardly anybody leaving in cars ...Id guess most sensible people will take a snow day today .

im in lucan, just down the road, its been lashing snow here the last 30 mins, id say we have about a foot & a half here at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Shiny wrote: »
    Are we supposed to guess where this is? :mad:

It might give us something to do during the day! :D

Very lightly snowing in Lucan at the moment, tiny fine flakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭yolanda

SORRY! And pardon the pun, but chill.

40cms of snow is in Ballybeg, Tanksarkstown, Athy, Co. Kildare.

Work is Childrens Hospital, Crumlin.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yolanda viewpost.gif

Are we supposed to guess where this is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

where can I buy a pair of warm shoes:( to against this cold weather?
    A pair of hiking boots and two pairs of good wooly socks have been great for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

irish1967 wrote: »

110d49e1.jpg

wont be tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Lovely sunny morning here and thaw of snow overnight, not a flake! Made to hear places so close have had near a foot!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

I has fallen down when going to work which was due to my old boots. I would like to buy a pair on website, can anyone recommend some good websites to me?

ebay.ie :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

yolanda wrote: »
    SORRY! And pardon the pun, but chill.

40cms of snow is in Ballybeg, Tanksarkstown, Athy, Co. Kildare.

Work is Childrens Hospital, Crumlin.

hehe sorry, I'm just bitter (no pun intended:)) , I'm one of the Isle of Man
    Shadow victims.

But in general is good to 'encourage' people to include their location when
    giving information about conditions etc..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement