Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Think I'll get the car out???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

yrrag1974 wrote: »

Mine looks something similar to that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Just woke up there to a disappointing view: No snow fall during the night in the Northside due to IOM shadow.

THEN, just looked on Rain Today: And the feckin shadow is still over Dublin.

God Damn It!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Where is that!!:eek:

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

big fluffy flakes! it's like a blizzard! it's gorgeous! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Snowed in, we won't see any council out clearing or gritting the roads.

Rural Ireland is always left to defend for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Supercell wrote: »
    Where is that!!:eek:

Dunlavin, West Wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Whoops posted on the other thread. OMG maynooth got pasted last night, got a fresh 4 inches odd on top of what was there. Close on a foot now in the garden!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

Cranks - heard the M3 is slippy in places, buses from Athboy to Dublin via Trim are cancelled - that says enough really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

The IOM shadow seems to be affecting south Dublin.

Considering the snow they got last night, proper order. remember, the north side has soul - source: the commitments ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mama lion

been following these threads over last few days thought I'd finally join in.

Snow coming down in West Dublin, not blizzard levels but heavy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

worse to come supposly tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

snowing again in Dublin 15:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Mama lion wrote: »
    been following these threads over last few days thought I'd finally join in.

Snow coming down in West Dublin, not blizzard levels but heavy enough

Welcome to Boards ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mick.c

ermmm....... no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

What are the odds of that wind changing?

It really is a pain knowing we have a good ole hammering coming into the East but we're just outside the streamers.

Petition to sink the Isle Of Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

cheers cleavage.
    (saying thanks to 'cleavage' on a frosty morning.......Nice!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

LOL. Yesterday Swords was on the northside of the streamers hitting south Dublin, today the showers are to our north. :)

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    still nothing in cork. my blood pressure is rising:mad:

Unfortunately there wont be snow in Cork...u may get a little tonight or tomorrow morning if the temperatures stay low enough. Come to the East if you want heavy snow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

LOL Cranks!!
    Just heard Summerhill in Meath getting another pasting at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Wibbler wrote: »
    LOL. Yesterday Swords was on the northside of the streamers hitting south Dublin, today the showers are to our north. :)

you not getting anything at the moment?
    i'm about 8 miles north and it's very snowy here at the mo
    i think th ewinds must have shifted a little because the IOM shadow is further south today letting us get the northern streamer

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Any of the more learned folk on here want to give us a rough forecast for todays happenings?

Also, I know the Dubs are being effected by the IOM shadow, do we have something similar down south (Waterford/Wexford) with the Welsh high-lands blocking too?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Still snowing in Wexford town, think at this stage i would be more surprised if i got up and it was raining!!!:)

Blizzarding again in Dublin 15 and sky is very grey..close to a foot or 25/30 centimetres in parts of west Dublin and still hammering down.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Can see that streamer to the north of Dublin from mym Window, not much snow here.

137700.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Any of the more learned folk on here want to give us a rough forecast for todays happenings?

Also, I know the Dubs are being effected by the IOM shadow, do we have something similar down south (Waterford/Wexford) with the Welsh high-lands blocking too?

Which Dubs??? Not the ones on the Northside or to the West of Dublin...hammering down :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Just up in Lucan now and it looks epic out there. Snowing very lightly at the moment so am off out to investigate. Will report back....in a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

channaigh wrote: »
    worse to come supposly tonight

just for dublin again

i'm off to college, at least i'll enjoy that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

No point in struggling to work if you'll need to be back in your car by lunch time in order to get home at a decent time. We're going to have the same traffic problems as yesterday come rush hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Morning all,
    Large snowfall in Dublin 15 last night. Looks like cloud cover is blowing over here again and its starting to snow lightly again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement