Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

Stamullen got a very respectable amount last night and it's pelting down again now. I'm going no where.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Snowing lightly in D15 but the sky looks to be clearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

accu weather is talking about rain tomorrow:eek::eek:

noooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    just for dublin again

i'm off to college, at least i'll enjoy that

Ah Sunbabe, keep the faith, I'm praying you will get snow today:) Maybe you should change your boards name:p
    BRING SNOW TO CORK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just got to work here in Blanch after driving from Rush. The one huge difference between yesterday and today is the traffic. Yesterday I was in a traffic jam the whole way. This morning theres hardly any traffic out there. Ive seen more on a Sunday.

Conditions a lot worse here in Blanch than in Rush. Got stuck on a hill near Forest Little for about 5 minutes.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

snowed pretty much continuously yesterday in waterford, when not blizzard like, gentle flurries. Still flurries this morning, bout 6-8 inches lying in places and drifts up to a foot in others.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Don't think I've ever seen so much snow in the city centre, the park at Merrion Square looks stunning. Going to actually try and get home (Firhouse) today, ended up staying with a friend close to the city centre last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

there is nearly a foot and a half of snow here at the moment and its still coming down with massive flakes
    but i can not understand why people is still diving the roads are extremely dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CuteOne

More snow overnight in Gorey and still snowing. We've been getting plenty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Blue sky, orange clouds, sun shining, a few snow flakes falling all at the same time in Donabate. Weird but think it's just missed us again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Blue skys in donaghmede.....

CuteOne wrote: »
    More snow overnight in Gorey and still snowing. We've been getting plenty :)

i am not to far from gorey and its great :D:D:D
    i wonder is there any snow records broken yet

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh my god woke up to a practical whiteout in Dunshaughlin. It's been coming down really heavily for the past hour at least. I've never seen so much snow in my life! I really wanted to make it in for work today though :( Not a chance of that happening. I love the snow but would be delighted if it went away by this evening!!!

Heard on the radio that the army are going to be clearing the main roads through Dunshaughlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

noooooooooo

Hussssssh... Accuweather has me down for 2.2inches of snow tomorrow !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

smokin ace wrote: »
    there is nearly a foot and a half of snow here at the moment and its still coming down with massive flakes
    but i can not understand why people is still diving the roads are extremely dangerous

I keep saying the same thing, Wexford bridge was closed yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

noooooooooo

We be guaranteed the rain anyway,wait and see:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Petition to sink the Isle Of Man.

Just tell the Isle Of Woman that he left the toilet seat up, and I'm sure Isle Of Man will head off to the pub to escape the nagging landmass...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Heavy snow in Leixlip , Kildare right now and clearly has been all night ,kerbs and roads in estate indistinguishable....Hardly anybody leaving in cars ...Id guess most sensible people will take a snow day today .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

All is forgiven bring back the rain and sub ~10C temps please. About 12-14" of now has fallen in Carlow over the last 2 days. It's getting a bit boring at this stage now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Couldn't get to work yesterday so i went on the beer for the day,woke up earlier to an even more ridiculous amount of snow.
    Is there no end to this madness.:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::eek::):):pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Posted this yesterday as well... but investigations are still ongoging... reading the posts here I have my own suspects !!

IOM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

journal.ie reporting that dublin airport got to -12 last night.

I think they have that wrong.

Anyone know what the temps were last night,

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Mister men wrote: »
    Tried to leave for work at 7.30 this morning (D14) but the roads are letal with the packed ice. Think i'll try again later.

Really, where abouts? I thought it was ok. I left Grange Road at 8am and made it to St. Vincents by 8.30....compared to Tuesday where is took me almost 2 hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 daveee

hammering down the last hour in ratoath

journal.ie reporting that dublin airport got to -12 last night.

I think they have that wrong.

Anyone know what the temps were last night,

NRA shows Killygordon here in Donegal had an air temp of -11.2 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

m00p.

I can see one streamer to my left and the other to my right...
    Now, off to get to work in the CC...
    Won't be home ;til late after college, hope the buses still run.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Really, where abouts? I thought it was ok. I left Grange Road at 8am and made it to St. Vincents by 8.30....compared to Tuesday where is took me almost 2 hours!

Although just heard on the news Grange Road was bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

that minus figure for dublin airport was a load of rubbish....hovered at -1

• Registered Users Posts: 17 avanche

Light traffic into Dublin from Tallaght, must be cause everybody is being more sensible than me and staying home.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement