Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The Big Freeze ( Monday 11th January )

• 11-01-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chris2007

Continue here ppl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

And I am still waiting. Looking at radar it looks like it's not going to make it this far after all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Well it's all over for the east anyway. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

It has stopped snowing in Limerick city, I just hope there is enough snow left in the morning so my daughter can make a snowman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

still gay snow in clare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭moonbug33

just after making 3 good snow men........stll snowing.....but seems to be tailing off.....at least 2 inches fell here in mid Kerry.....0c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭jaffa20

fryup wrote: »
    still gay snow in clare

What does straight snow look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

ellieh1 wrote: »
    It has stopped snowing in Limerick city, I just hope there is enough snow left in the morning so my daughter can make a snowman :)

Should have made one this evening!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

its a bit... meh here. its snowing.... but its not sticking very well at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Well it's all over for the east anyway. :(
    for now jaffa20,heres hoping for tues&hopefully more this winter

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Should have made one this evening!

We just arrived back from a holiday late tonight and unfortunately she was sound asleep in the car by the time we got home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

does anybody know why the BBC are contradicting Met Eireann for Tuesdays forecast? ME are going with rain. BBC with snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiderbeast

How did they get it so wrong? It looks like the kids got 3 days off for no reason :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭John mac

How did they get it so wrong? It looks like the kids got 3 days off for no reason :D

like you to drive on my road :)

(@more than 10mph)

aaaaah no nfl on ch5 tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Was utterly depressed committing carbicide (Bruno!) due to lack of snow, then about 5 minutes ago its lashing down snow!! outskirts galway city:) its something at least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

Yes looks like the East has seen the last of the Snow so were all back to normal coooooolllllllllllllllllllllllll

Well looks like the NW won't get even rain never mind snow. Unreal it's like it hit a brick wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

have hope yet irish lad i have been waiting many hours as well suddenly there is some decent snow, i will keep ye updated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭John mac

air temp below freezing only in 2 places ( by a % of a degree)
    http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

irish1967 wrote: »
    Well looks like the NW won't get even rain never mind snow. Unreal it's like it hit a brick wall.

Your correct there, since 4pm today it hasnt got past headford in Galway, where there has been some heavy snow. Theres rain falling here since around 6pm with a few flakes mixed in, the same now. Ive given up all hope.

Also the Atlantic front has gone up a gear and is really speeding in. Its appeared out of nowhere in the past few hours on the latest sat24.com loop.

Whats even stranger, people reporting wind. Not a breath here

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Have come to the conclusion that even if "snowmageddon" had actually happened I would have taken the day off work to spend it on a laptop on Boards.ie

I think it's time to get back to the real, albeit snowless, world.This of course won't stop me popping back in here for updates!

Who knows there could be some bonus snow lurking in a cloud for any of us at anytime

Keep the faith!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

South Dublin around Cabinteely/Shankhill no snow tons and tons of rain and wind at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiderbeast

Have come to the conclusion that even if "snowmageddon" had actually happened I would have taken the day off work to spend it on a laptop on Boards.ie

I think it's time to get back to the real, albeit snowless, world.This of course won't stop me popping back in here for updates!

Who knows there could be some bonus snow lurking in a cloud for any of us at anytime

Keep the faith!!!

Nothing better than bonus snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭pauldry

what seems strange to me is that the South is the only place where there seems to be snow falling at present. Also my snow in my garden seems to just disappear as if someone has stolen it. Oh dry n windy here

seems even though its raining etc the back roads and pathsin Dundrum are treacherous now,

seems like the frost is still with us and will be with us till friday even though the snows deserted us

if it hadnt rained we would still have that snow the sun would never melt it, also this happened back last february same thing rain took it away again then

Just checked accuweather on my phone here and it's giving snow from 1am to 7am. Temp here 1.6c wind 28 mph E. Dp -1.

still vunerable

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

snowing again and lower lvls
    temp going up and down between 0-1c
    fair lick of wind on

and look what we getting
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

irish1967 wrote: »
    Just checked accuweather on my phone here and it's giving snow from 1am to 7am. Temp here 1.6c wind 28 mph E. Dp -1.

Not a bit of snow in Letterkenny today Irish,though it is freezing hard. Lets hope your phone is accurate,I have exams that need cancelling this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

pauldry wrote: »
    what seems strange to me is that the South is the only place where there seems to be snow falling at present. Also my snow in my garden seems to just disappear as if someone has stolen it. Oh dry n windy here

Snowing in Galway this past couple of hours, might be beginning to stick... hard to see from the window at work. Might be all gone by morning, but it looks good now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Keep the faith!!!
    heres hoping BBC are right for tues,fingers crossed p.s raining heavy in d17

Advertisement