Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,389 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Ordered something 15 January, given estimate of 09 February (non-prime), even though it is in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

VG31 wrote: »
    Most of the time I get the out for delivery notification between 7 and 10 am, but as late as 1 pm isn't uncommon in my experience either. I even had 3 pm once.

Just went out for delivery, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

It’s getting better.

Ordered Friday
    Shipped Monday
    AnPost received it in Dublin Wednesday night
    Delivered Thursday

You are keeping them busy ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I cracked and cancelled my Prime membership. Just not worth it to me anymore. They seemed to know all about the issues too, said that it has already been escalated. Hopefully it'll get sorted out down the line or Irish residents will be eligible for proper Prime benefits on Amazon.de or something. I'll rejoin as soon as it isn't such a limited range of products and slow delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Ogham wrote: »
    You are keeping them busy ! :D

I just moved and need a lot stuff and with free delivery and no VAT on smaller orders I would be stupid to shop somewhere else and pay our government a premium. Legal tax loopholes are great if it allows me to get nice stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭peter4918

Things are improving. The slowest part for me seems to be between ordering and shipping.

Ordered on 11th Jan but it didn’t ship until the 19th and it was delivered today. So 2 days once shipped and it came through the UK.

For me, there’s no point in cancelling prime. If you order 2 things a month it pays for itself with free delivery and you get TV, Books etc as a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

The two orders I've placed so far ...the biggest delay seems to be at the Rochester station. That's where all tracking seems to stop / go on hiatus.. Would wonder if those who have been faster have had customs clearance at a different DC?

'Monday, 18 January
    2:30 PM
    Completed customs clearance process
    Rochester, GB

2:25 PM
    Initiated customs clearance process
    Rochester, GB

11:02 AM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Kent GB''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^
    Have Prime.

This was ordered 15th Jan and delivered today.

Thursday, 21 January
    12:34 PM
    Delivered
    8:04 AM
    Out for delivery

Wednesday, 20 January
    3:47 PM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,

Tuesday, 19 January
    9:54 AM
    Trafford Park, GB

Monday, 18 January
    Package has shipped

>>>>>>>>>>>

But another package ordered on the 11th only shipped today.
    No reference to customs at all but it is under 20 GBP.

Thursday, 21 January
    Package has shipped
    Crymlyn Burrows, Swansea UK

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Package out for delivery since 10.45am. driver has been in clondalkin since 10.45am according to the tracking map. Don't think I'll be getting it today!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Ordered an item with prime on the 17th, dispatched on the 19th and delivered today. Unfortunately when I opened the parcel with the phone case box inside there was no actual phone case in the box, first time that’s happened to me! Off to deal with amazon chat later on :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Amazon getting even worse on information. I have Prime. I ordered 2 days ago. 1 item, I tried to cancel, they keep telling me its too late, its about to ship. When you track it they say they'll let you know an expected delivery date when they have more information. Yet they still won't cancel.
    2 others have "shipped" today. From where? No idea.Expected delivery 29th January.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

When all this messing around started, I thought grand, sure if it's a bit later fair enough. But Jesus, it's taking the Mick now. 6 orders in 2021 and while I've had previous refunds for late deliveries, they always ended up at the door, but I've now had actual missing deliveries.

The biggest of the orders is a VR headset ordered on Jan 7th, with expected delivery on Saturday. The only problem is it hasn't been dispatched yet. Customer support are as good as a chocolate teapot, with nobody able to give any rational as to what the extra issues are. I can get the same unit delivered next day to my old Parcel Wizard address, so I just don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Shlippery wrote: »
    The two orders I've placed so far ...the biggest delay seems to be at the Rochester station. That's where all tracking seems to stop / go on hiatus.. Would wonder if those who have been faster have had customs clearance at a different DC?

Monday, 18 January
    2:30 PM
    Completed customs clearance process
    Rochester, GB

2:25 PM
    Rochester, GB

11:02 AM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Kent GB''

Jumped to 'out for delivery' today so that's 5 day improvement on the original expected (with prime). Originally expected Jan 27

Ordered: Jan 14
    Arrived at Rochester: Jan 15
    Customs Cleared: Jan 18
    Out for Delivery: Jan 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Did you get your package last night?

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

delly wrote: »
    The biggest of the orders is a VR headset ordered on Jan 7th, with expected delivery on Saturday. The only problem is it hasn't been dispatched yet. Customer support are as good as a chocolate teapot, with nobody able to give any rational as to what the extra issues are. I can get the same unit delivered next day to my old Parcel Wizard address, so I just don't get it.

Which VR did you order? I ordered a Quest 2 yesterday and it had an estimated delivery date. Now it has nothing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Wow, ordered a Braun electric toothbrush for the kids on 19/1 and it just arrived....was due for delivery 27/1.

Hopefully this is things starting to return to normal for Prime:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

errlloyd wrote: »
    Which VR did you order? I ordered a Quest 2 yesterday and it had an estimated delivery date. Now it has nothing.

The very same. Ordered on the 7th and didn't have a delivery date for about a week. It then went to 23/1, and low and behold it has popped up in Swords for customs clearance today. The new delivery date is the 29th, which they will happily meet if it is already in country, but not technically late based on the revised delivery. It won't stop me chatting and giving out though, usually resulting in a partial refund. I got £50 back on a Lego order before Christmas, at least the CS Team are still good at something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Prime delivery times are showing 2 weeks is this really the case? Afraid to order something else in case.

Ordered a Prime item on the 16th and I’m getting Feb 8th delivery. Hasn’t even been dispatched. If Prime is like that then what’s the point of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Prime delivery times are showing 2 weeks is this really the case? Afraid to order something else in case.

Ordered a Prime item on the 16th and I’m getting Feb 8th delivery. Hasn’t even been dispatched. If Prime is like that then what’s the point of it.

Depends, but I've had stuff from China quicker than Prime recently.

One thing I have noticed is that they are combining orders a lot more. I've had a load dispatched last night some I ordered nearly two weeks ago and others a week ago. Quickest if it all arrives at the same time will be 8 days and worst 15 days.

Amazon if you are reading this thats crap service for customers you have conned into paying for ""Prime"" service :mad:

Here's what I think might be adding to the delay? Total speculation but because so many orders are being combined I think all orders for Ireland are being fullfiled from one Amazon Fulfillment Center. That way Amazon only have to gear up one site for export to Ireland and there is an extra delay in getting items to that site and then resorting them - if orders are being combined togther then they will need extra handeling.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Free postage on all orders plus the TV service.

Times seem to be spending up.a bit there's a good chance you'll get it earlier. I've seen a big improvement the last 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Free postage on all orders plus the TV service.

Times seem to be spending up.a bit there's a good chance you'll get it earlier. I've seen a big improvement the last 2 weeks.

The TV service is useless now. Literally the only thing I could find to play in Ireland was the Marvellous Miss Maisel. You need a smart DNS as well now for it to work.

whiterebel wrote: »
    The TV service is useless now. Literally the only thing I could find to play in Ireland was the Marvellous Miss Maisel. You need a smart DNS as well now for it to work.

Make sure you are on primevideo.com and on Irish locality, still loads of stuff to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Here's what I think might be adding to the delay? Total speculation but because so many orders are being combined I think all orders for Ireland are being fullfiled from one Amazon Fulfillment Center. That way Amazon only have to gear up one site for export to Ireland and there is an extra delay in getting items to that site and then resorting them - if orders are being combined togther then they will need extra handeling.

Is it gonna be permanently like that? Prime used to be great. Quick free delivery. It all kind of defeats the purpose now at the moment but I hope it can get sorted. 2 weeks is what you’d normally expect from China not the UK...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Something ordered the 5th and hasn't even started customs clearance yet. Got my refund. Went to reorder and now they won't ship to Ireland. So I literally can't get this anymore. Quite frustrating. Went from ordering something I needed, to it going missing, to now not being able to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Is it gonna be permanently like that? Prime used to be great. Quick free delivery. It all kind of defeats the purpose now at the moment but I hope it can get sorted. 2 weeks is what you’d normally expect from China not the UK...

I was just putting the idea out their for dicussion. I think it will get better but Ireland is less than 10% of the UK market and an add on at that so Amazon are never in any rush to fix things for us.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭corkie

antodeco wrote: »
    Something ordered the 5th and hasn't even started customs clearance yet. Got my refund. Went to reorder and now they won't ship to Ireland. So I literally can't get this anymore. Quite frustrating. Went from ordering something I needed, to it going missing, to now not being able to get it.

Can you source it from EU amazon sites (if they will ship) or alternative site/seller?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

After all the messing, my VR unit arrived today. No issue with extra duty, just the regular vat, making it just over the 300 mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

delly wrote: »
    After all the messing, my VR unit arrived today. No issue with extra duty, just the regular vat, making it just over the 300 mark.

Still cheaper than the RRP of €349 here

Dante7 wrote: »
    Still cheaper than the RRP of €349 here

Yeah, works out at €330 or so. Strange thing though, the original authorisation reverted, then it was retried and rejected. I'm assuming they will retry again, but as of now the funds are still with me and I have the item. Very odd, but in line with Amazon processes going to pot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nicks delight

Personally I found Amazon.de to be great. They have also changed their delivery route to go Via France, from what I can see of tracking my parcel. The parcel did not go to UK as it usually does so its now quicker delivery time. Previously when it went through UK ,parcels were late. I also order stuff from UK, but it now takes longer for me to get a parcel from UK than from Germany. I find amazon.de to be cheaper on total price on orders OVER 20 euro when compared to UK AFTER vat and taxes and all extras. Anything under 20 I buy from UK. I can only speak as a UK Prime member. and do not know what cost is like without it.

Advertisement