Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

VG31 wrote: »
    I'll check the warehouse routing codes when I get my package. I'd be very surprised if it actually went through Belgium. I've had two other packages show customs clearance statuses in Dublin, Swords very soon after dispatch. They never actually went there.

I said in another thread that my package couldn't have got from Kent to Belgium in 27 minutes. However the times shown are local time and I forgot to account for that. So it's even more impossible unless Amazon have invented time travel. :P

Thanks, let us know what you see.

As to time travel remember that the initial customs clearance in an EU country might not be the physical clearance but the advance electronic clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kaleb2015

Anyone else check their tracking and see that their item has gone from the uk to mouscron back to the uk.

No joke, i just checked a different item i purchased and it went from Bedfordshire to Mouscron, to Rochester to Mouscron and back to Bedfordshire.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Here's one for you lads.

I ordered a couple of items I needed for work purposes, think they cost about €70 all in (I've had prime for years at this stage)

Just tracked them this morning.

Says that they left Kent UK Sunday, then on Monday arrived in Rochester. Also on Monday they initiated custom's clearance in Belgium, later that day initiated custom's again in Rochester, before "completing customs clearance" 4 hrs later in the UK.

I still am not due to receive them until Thursday/or Friday fifth.

Think my Amazon days are coming to an end.

**Edit, and I only read the above post before mine seconds after submitting this one**

Yes exactly the same here,

IMG-20210128-074111.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Oh wow.. ordered yesterday and shipped today !

Same, ordered yesterday evening and dispatched at 1am this evening, due February 1st. A 4 day turnaround isn't bad at all considering where we've come from. Fingers crossed, it's even faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

We have different sorts of Mouscron, BE here.

The one from Ohmeha where the parcel is physically stuck somewhere for over a week claiming it's with daily custom scans and now an "Unable to forward parcel to different address".

And then the other ones where there is a customs clearance only and short delay before the next scan is again a customs clearance in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Bought some stuff on Amazon.fr on the 25th of Jan and it was dispatched yesterday on the 27th coming from Spain, went through Germany, Shannon and Dublin and is out for delivery today in Cork, can’t complain about that! I did have to pay for shipping but the items worked out cheaper than the UK site and I was also able to get some stuff that I couldn’t find on the UK site.

Bought some stuff on Amazon.fr on the 25th of Jan and it was dispatched yesterday on the 27th coming from Spain, went through Germany, Shannon and Dublin and is out for delivery today in Cork, can’t complain about that! I did have to pay for shipping but the items worked out cheaper than the UK site and I was also able to get some stuff that I couldn’t find on the UK site.

Just want to add to this, I ordered an Nintendo product from Amazon.DE on Sunday also.

It was delivered in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

An item I ordered on Sunday it’s to be delivered tomorrow by An Post. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭corkie

My test 5th Jan. Amazon.com order arrived today 28th

Delay of week pushed processing out to 15.
    Original expect shipping was for Jan 25th.
    Which then changed to Feb 17th.

Shipping was by DPD, if anyone else get that shipping method.

Once the parcel gets handed over to courier from amazon, you can track DPD here: -

https://uktracking.asendia.com/tracking.php?ref=
    ^^^ Don't share your tracking reference because it displays your Eircode

Above turns your amazon code AW00###### into a DPD tracking link.

That order was my second order from amazon.com in January, the other order was shipped by DHL which arrived on time.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    An item I ordered on Sunday it’s to be delivered tomorrow by An Post. Not bad.

Uk site?

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Uk site?

Yeah, Prime item.

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    Yeah, Prime item.

Yeah I'm a prime member too. And they were sent as part of my prime package from UK, still not estimate to be with me until next weekend though.

I've not cancelled prime UK membership just yet, as I'm optimistic things will level out, but one paid for a month prime with Germany and will order a few more items and see what deliveries are like with prime there to compare.

Yeah I'm a prime member too. And they were sent as part of my prime package from UK, still not estimate to be with me until next weekend though.

I've not cancelled prime UK membership just yet, as I'm optimistic things will level out, but one paid for a month prime with Germany and will order a few more items and see what deliveries are like with prime there to compare.

Whats the advantage of being a member of Amazon Prime on the German site when based in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

I'll check the warehouse routing codes when I get my package. I'd be very surprised if it actually went through Belgium. I've had two other packages show customs clearance statuses in Dublin, Swords very soon after dispatch. They never actually went there.

Arrived today, it came straight from LCY (London). It never went to Belgium as I suspected.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Whats the advantage of being a member of Amazon Prime on the German site when based in Ireland?

There's none more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

Made an Amazon UK Prime order on 23 Jan, with expected delivery date of 3 Feb. Part of the order arrived today - 5 days is pretty decent given recent delays.
    Other part of the order status “delivery date pending”.
    You win some, you lose some.

I ordered something yesterday evening on amazon.co.uk.

It supposedly initiated customs this morning in Swords.

Similar to your situation, I'm skeptical it is actually in Swords and like the Belgium, seems to be just a way for Amazon to expediate the process to get the goods into the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭corkie

I'll check the warehouse routing codes when I get my package. I'd be very surprised if it actually went through Belgium.
    Arrived today, it came straight from LCY (London). It never went to Belgium as I suspected.

How do you check them by the way? Just out of curiosity?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭9db3xj7z41fs5u

Still no sign of Amazon UK dispatching my packages ordered on the 19th Jan. I am thinking of cancelling my prime. I ordered something 2 days ago on Amazon Fr and it has been dispatched.

corkie wrote: »
    How do you check them by the way? Just out of curiosity?

They're printed at the bottom of the label. The first one is the origin warehouse and the following ones (if applicable) are the ones it passed through afterwards. They correspond to the nearest airport code.

For example:

MAN - Manchester
    MME - Darlington
    LEJ - Leipzig
    WRO - Wroclaw
    LIL - Lille

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Sweet Jesus ... We're SAVED!

wJpioLd.png

Free postage I assume?

And no there's no free postage by the looks of things. Ffs

Free postage I assume?

Afraid not, Amazon Prime on Germany only offers free postage to Germany, Austria and possibly Belgium if I recall correctly.

You'll have to pay a minimum of €5 for deliveries to Ireland so I don't see any reason to subscribe to prime on amazon.de when located in Ireland.

Only Amazon prime through amazon.co.uk offer free postage to UK & ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

corkie wrote: »
    ^^^ https://reactnews.com/article/amazon-commits-to-600000-sq-ft-for-first-irish-fulfilment-centre/

Behind a login/subscription wall?

Only site mentioning it, so take the news with bucket load of salt?

As taken from BBC NI Economics & Business Editor's Twitter

Afraid not, Amazon Prime on Germany only offers free postage to Germany, Austria and possibly Belgium if I recall correctly.

You'll have to pay €8 (minimum but usually not higher than this) for deliveries to Ireland so I don't see any reason to subscribe to prime on amazon.de when located in Ireland.

Only Amazon prime through amazon.co.uk offer free postage to UK & ROI.
    Yeah sorry, just checked and added the same stuff to my basket, and it's still €8 odd for delivery.

Prob cancel UK prime if they don't buck up a bit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Great news on the prime UK deliveries to Ireland....just need Amazon to reinstate chocolate sales as most of the stuff we used to buy is no longer shipped here :(

My delivery estimates are still the 8th of February and they’ll be here tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Drexel_3

Will we still have to go through the UK site ?

Advertisement