Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Managed to get a delivery there today a week earlier than predicted by Amazon. Also noticed that their delivery estimates on their items have seemed to shorten in the last few days (a lot of things seems to be predicted for delivery on February 4th if ordered today). Hopefully they'll continue to shorten.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

My prime item bought on the 16th still hasn’t been dispatched. Delivery date for 8th of Feb.

Bought another item today and also given the 8th of February as a delivery date. Strongly thinking of cancelling prime now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Just did a test with a Northern Irish address and according to Amazon's estimated delivery time, they are back to the 2 day delivery for prime.

So for a few items I tested, it was typically
    London: 10pm tonight
    Northern Ireland: 27th Jan
    ROI: 5th Feb

My only hope is that the delivery windows for us are inaccurate which does tend ot be the case according to this thread, but still slow all the same.

If only Parcel motel was still operating their NI address service, we could be back to 2-3 days delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Interesting.. .Order #3 in 2021 and slightly different customs this time: (w/ Prime)

First time I've seen mention of Dublin for the customs stage!

Ordered Thurs Jan 21st

First update:
    Monday, 25 January
    5:02 AM
    Initiated customs clearance process
    Dublin, Swords

Expected 'Feb 1st'

I suspect I'll get it tomorrow or even later today if it's in Swords?!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dg92

Shlippery wrote: »
    Interesting.. .Order #3 in 2021 and slightly different customs this time: (w/ Prime)

Ordered Thurs Jan 21st

First update:
    Monday, 25 January
    Dublin, Swords

Expected 'Feb 1st'

Hopefully you will get it today. Mine said Feb 1st for an order I submitted on Friday, then just changed to out for delivery this morning:

1.png

Let's hope its going to be this fast moving forward!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

6 days from the day I ordered. I sent a cancellation request the following day. I was told they couldn't cancel as it was preparing for dispatch. It's still there, awaiting dispatch, although they can't give an expected delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

Had a few slow deliveries recently. But ordered a couple of books on Friday night, they arrived on Sunday afternoon even though delivery date was down for the 29th. More of this please :)

I ordered headphones that were in stock in early January and was given a date of early February.

They still haven't dispatched. Its pretty poor if they're in stock.
    I ordered 5 items last week that was showing up at a similar date in Feb and one item shipped since.

Theres no reason the headphones that were ordered 3 weeks ago havent shipped yet.
    It's almost like they wrote off the orders made close to the Brexit date and anything ordered well after would go through a normal process.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kaleb2015

steve-o wrote: »
    I have a package that did customs clearance in Rochester and then went on for a bonus round of customs clearance in Mouscron, Belgium!

I just seen that on mine and got nowhere in asking what it was all about with amazon chat. Did you get yours yet, how long did it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Shlippery wrote: »

Ordered Thurs Jan 21st

First update:
    Monday, 25 January
    Dublin, Swords

Expected 'Feb 1st'

Should be tomorrow at the worst. This was my timeline with Dublin last week. It was an item fulfilled by Amazon that was backorder and due back in stock on the 15th.

Monday, 18 January||
    11:27 AM|Delivered to letterbox | [area of dublin], IE
    10:24 AM|Out for delivery |Dublin, IE
    3:49 AM|Package arrived at the final delivery station|Dublin, IE
    Saturday, 16 January||
    4:09 AM|Completed customs clearance process|Dublin, Swords
    3:03 AM|Initiated customs clearance process|Dublin, Swords
    Friday, 15 January||||
    7:08 AM|Initiated customs clearance process|Dublin, Swords
    6:42 AM|Initiated customs clearance process|Dublin, Swords
    4:47 AM|Initiated customs clearance process|Dublin, Swords
    4:23 AM|Initiated customs clearance process|Dublin, Swords
    Package has shipped||

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

1huge1 wrote: »
    Just did a test with a Northern Irish address and according to Amazon's estimated delivery time, they are back to the 2 day delivery for prime.

So for a few items I tested, it was typically
    London: 10pm tonight
    Northern Ireland: 27th Jan
    ROI: 5th Feb

My only hope is that the delivery windows for us are inaccurate which does tend ot be the case according to this thread, but still slow all the same.

If only Parcel motel was still operating their NI address service, we could be back to 2-3 days delivery.

I wonder how they are doing two day delivery to NI but two weeks to ROI. I know NI is part of the UK, but they still have to get the stuff across the water by sea or air. Do they have any warehouses in NI?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Gadgie wrote: »
    I wonder how they are doing two day delivery to NI but two weeks to ROI. I know NI is part of the UK, but they still have to get the stuff across the water by sea or air. Do they have any warehouses in NI?

They are doing that since the pandemic started. 11 days to Ireland, next day to N Ireland. Its overnight by truck from the UK to NI. Overnight to Republic too. Their excuse in the beginning was that it was prioritising "essential" shipments, which they weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

Ordered something from Amazon.de on Thursday with an estimated delivery date of 3 February. It's out for delivery today. I'm not sure why they're giving such a long time frame. It can't be because of customs. You'd think 2-3 days extra would be sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Personally I found Amazon.de to be great. They have also changed their delivery route to go Via France, from what I can see of tracking my parcel. The parcel did not go to UK as it usually does so its now quicker delivery time. Previously when it went through UK ,parcels were late. I also order stuff from UK, but it now takes longer for me to get a parcel from UK than from Germany. I find amazon.de to be cheaper on total price on orders OVER 20 euro when compared to UK AFTER vat and taxes and all extras. Anything under 20 I buy from UK. I can only speak as a UK Prime member. and do not know what cost is like without it.
    Apologies if this has been covered. I am a prime UK member and have been for the last few years.
    Have the firestick set to uk location and all that.

I didn't renew for the year but paid for January just to see how things pan out.
    I have just bought something from Amazon .de because it was cheaper. Got an offer of prime .de for a week for 1 euro. The postage goes down to 4.99 with prime .de

Just wondering is there any benefit in staying with prime .co.uk....thinking of just changing to .de.

I assume there will be differences in prime video content?

Also the item I bought has a European plug which isnt ideal but it was that much cheaper than .co.uk it was worth it

Nick's Delight are you keeping prime .UK membership? Or both

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Should be tomorrow at the worst. This was my timeline with Dublin last week. It was an item fulfilled by Amazon that was backorder and due back in stock on the 15th.

Monday, 18 January||
    11:27 AM|Delivered to letterbox | [area of dublin], IE
    10:24 AM|Out for delivery |Dublin, IE
    3:49 AM|Package arrived at the final delivery station|Dublin, IE
    Saturday, 16 January||
    4:09 AM|Completed customs clearance process|Dublin, Swords
    3:03 AM|Initiated customs clearance process|Dublin, Swords
    Friday, 15 January||||
    7:08 AM|Initiated customs clearance process|Dublin, Swords
    6:42 AM|Initiated customs clearance process|Dublin, Swords
    4:47 AM|Initiated customs clearance process|Dublin, Swords
    4:23 AM|Initiated customs clearance process|Dublin, Swords
    Package has shipped||

Looks like my £5 item got double-frisked for customs.

Monday, 25 January
    11:45 AM
    Completed customs clearance process
    Dublin, Swords
    11:05 AM
    Dublin, Swords
    10:50 AM
    Dublin, Swords
    Dublin, Swords

Has anyone ever come across this? I ordered a phone from Amazon.it and it was sold by a third party but fufilled by Amazon. It was dispatched today and I checked my order details and it's now saying it's sold and dispatched by a completely different seller. Anyone any experience of this? I purposely chose a seller that was fufilled by Amazon, I don't like how that has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Would anyone have any idea why a laptop ordered from .co.uk for delivery to Dublin has been sent to Mouscron in Belgium and is now stuck at customs clearance delay? Waiting for this badly needed laptop for 2 weeks now

Delivery By Amazon
    Tracking ID:
    Saturday, 23 January
    6:01 AM
    Customs Clearance delay
    Mouscron, BE
    Thursday, 21 January
    11:31 AM
    Mouscron, BE
    Wednesday, 20 January
    9:23 PM
    Rochester, GB
    7:00 PM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Kent GB
    5:54 PM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Medway GB
    Package has shipped
    Times are shown in the local time zone.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I had something clear customs in the UK. Then sent to Belgium and has cleared customs again. Seems weird why that's happening

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I ordered an Oculus Quest from Amazon, said it was in stock (still does). It hasn't shipped yet. Support says the fulfilment centre near me has no stock. Is this a brexit issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Would anyone have any idea why a laptop ordered from .co.uk for delivery to Dublin has been sent to Mouscron in Belgium and is now stuck at customs clearance delay? Waiting for this badly needed laptop for 2 weeks now

Delivery By Amazon
    Tracking ID:
    Saturday, 23 January
    6:01 AM
    Customs Clearance delay
    Mouscron, BE
    Thursday, 21 January
    11:31 AM
    Mouscron, BE
    Wednesday, 20 January
    9:23 PM
    Rochester, GB
    7:00 PM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Kent GB
    5:54 PM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Medway GB
    Package has shipped
    Times are shown in the local time zone.

You are not on your own with this problem, I have missing orders, items missing from orders since the new year nothing has been delivered or has items missing from packages from Amazon!👎😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

Kaleb2015 wrote: »
    I just seen that on mine and got nowhere in asking what it was all about with amazon chat. Did you get yours yet, how long did it take?
    Delivered 5 days after completing customs clearance in Mouscron.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DukeAwesome

errlloyd wrote: »
    I ordered an Oculus Quest from Amazon, said it was in stock (still does). It hasn't shipped yet. Support says the fulfilment centre near me has no stock. Is this a brexit issue?

Yeah same here, "We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date".

I contacted support and was told they are waiting on authorisation from the bank and assured me it had nothing to do with Brexit. I ordered a cable along side it (not sold by, but fulfilled by Amazon) and was charged as normal with a delivery date given.

Not sure what's up with the Quest specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Stumbled across this on Reddit Ireland, looks like a kind of parcel motel alternative. Someone recommended it on there. Certainly doesn’t look as streamlined. Not sure if it’s worth chancing.

https://thepostalstore.ie/uk-parcel-delivery/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah same here, "We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date".

I contacted support and was told they are waiting on authorisation from the bank and assured me it had nothing to do with Brexit. I ordered a cable along side it (not sold by, but fulfilled by Amazon) and was charged as normal with a delivery date given.

Not sure what's up with the Quest specifically.

Yeah my Cable has already arrived!! Support have given me £10 already due to the delay, so kick up a fuss and get yourself some credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Stumbled across this on Reddit Ireland, looks like a kind of parcel motel alternative. Someone recommended it on there. Certainly doesn’t look as streamlined. Not sure if it’s worth chancing.

https://thepostalstore.ie/uk-parcel-delivery/

From comments I've seen on Twitter - deliveries to NI seem to as bad if not worse then to the Republic. Many sellers not shipping to NI at all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

My first Amazon.de package arrived today after ordering on the 21st of Jan. Postage was 10 euro on items worth 50. Happy enough with that as the items worked out cheaper than .co.uk including postage.
    Ordered a few cables from .co.uk today and wasn't charged vat which is a major bonus if you have prime and are not paying postage. We will see how long they take to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

My last few orders were clearing customs in Dublin and arrived to me within two or 3 days of ordering.
    Orders some stuff yesterday and suddenly it’s off to Belgian customs they went.
    Why not customs in Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

harr wrote: »
    My last few orders were clearing customs in Dublin and arrived to me within two or 3 days of ordering.
    Orders some stuff yesterday and suddenly it’s off to Belgian customs they went.
    Why not customs in Dublin ?

One of mine went to Belgium after ordering on Thursday and arrived today with something else ordered the same time (but did not go to Belgium)

So I think its much of a muchness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

rafi bomb wrote: »
    One of mine went to Belgium after ordering on Thursday and arrived today with something else ordered the same time (but did not go to Belgium)

So I think its much of a muchness

They are most likely not going to Belgium, see my post in another thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116053778&postcount=1478

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,488 ✭✭✭✭zell12

My recent Amazon CN22 packet label says
    items £13.50
    delivery £6.00
    = £19.50
    Revenue rate = €21.50
    Amazon import fees deposit is £5.38.
    Since it is less than €22, will I get this back or who/how do I apply to (carrier: AnPost)?
    To obtain details regarding the Actual Import Fees, or to obtain documentation or receipts in connection with customs clearance, you may contact the Carrier specified in your dispatch confirmation e-mail.

Advertisement