Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 steve584

Shlippery wrote: »
    I've £250 Amazon credit I had planned (well still planning in a few weeks) on spending towards a Camera lens...but now I'm nearly wishing i'd redeemed it on Amazon.de or fr instead!

When you say credit do you mean in gift card credit? I have just over £100 in credit but it's not showing on the .de site. Maybe not transferrable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

steve584 wrote: »
    When you say credit do you mean in gift card credit? I have just over £100 in credit but it's not showing on the .de site. Maybe not transferrable?

Sorry, yes it's a work benefit w/ my job, kinda like those prepaid mastercards some companies give out around xmas time.

It allows direct topup of x amount - I redeemed mine on Amazon UK so it's kinda just sitting there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ordered one item from warehouse 12th January due the 27th

Another order on 18th January due 3rd February

• Registered Users Posts: 41 steve584

Shlippery wrote: »
    Sorry, yes it's a work benefit w/ my job, kinda like those prepaid mastercards some companies give out around xmas time.

It allows direct topup of x amount - I redeemed mine on Amazon UK so it's kinda just sitting there!

Ah, I understand now when you said redeeming on .de.

Amazon uk's delivery dates seem to be improving though, getting 1st Feb now on anything for prime in my basket. Stuff i ordered on the 8th only got shipped yesterday to be delivered by 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Are Amazon combining multiple individual orders under €22 into one shipment, which when combined would result in a total value over €22?

I cancelled an outstanding order today which was below €22 and had no VAT charged, because I was ordering something else and didn't want to be hit for VAT if they combined the shipments.

Last week they combined two separate orders of mine and shipped at the same time, however the total value was under €22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Gadgie wrote: »
    Are Amazon combining multiple individual orders under €22 into one shipment, which when combined would result in a total value over €22?

I cancelled an outstanding order today which was below €22 and had no VAT charged, because I was ordering something else and didn't want to be hit for VAT if they combined the shipments.

Last week they combined two separate orders of mine and shipped at the same time, however the total value was under €22.

That isn't a problem. Order separately and your fine. Amazon will combine orders so they come to over the import duty limit but in the packages I've had so far I haven't been charged anything extra.

Funnily enough with all the delays I've found Amazon consolidating a lot more deliveries. My last one was over the limit with 3 cheap items but no extra charges.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Lads stupid question but I haven't seen it last few pages

If I order off Amazon UK the potential import duties are marked but I'm wondering do An Post not charge a "handling" fee of swear no?

I've €60 worth of an order including fees deposit but wondering if I should allow for extra charges

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If I order off Amazon UK the potential import duties are marked but I'm wondering do An Post not charge a "handling" fee of swear no?

Nope.

They aren't arriving "blind", the escrow system handles the clearance for you so there should be no further charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Lads stupid question but I haven't seen it last few pages

I've €60 worth of an order including fees deposit but wondering if I should allow for extra charges

No. You're paying the fees upfront so an post will just deliver it as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Oh great thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭peter4918

Completed customs clearance process
    Trafford Park, GB

Any ideas how long it takes to get to Dublin after this? Ordered on the 11th Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

peter4918 wrote: »
    Trafford Park, GB

Any ideas how long it takes to get to Dublin after this? Ordered on the 11th Jan

Mine's sitting at that notification (but in Rochester) since the 16th, ordered on the 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭pillphil

Since the 14th for me, arrived in Dublin this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 23,485 ✭✭✭✭zell12

peter4918 wrote: »
    Trafford Park, GB. Any ideas how long it takes to get to Dublin after this? Ordered on the 11th Jan
    About two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I thought there were not meant to be tariffs or fees? I'm getting charged import fees on a 20 quid shower curtain pole from Amazon UK. Didn't get charged on a phone case I bought a week or two back.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I thought there were not meant to be tariffs or fees? I'm getting charged import fees on a 20 quid shower curtain pole from Amazon UK. Didn't get charged on a phone case I bought a week or two back.

Post Brexit buying

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

obi604 wrote: »
    hi

now with brexit etc, it seems more expensive and cumbersome to use amazon.co.uk

what is the next best alternative - Amazon Germany or Amazon France

Oh Jesus, how many times can this question be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭corkie

obi604 wrote: »
    hi

now with brexit etc, it seems more expensive and cumbersome to use amazon.co.uk

what is the next best alternative - Amazon Germany or Amazon France
    Oh Jesus, how many times can this question be asked.

And you quoting a day old post does not help things. You could at least link this thread: -

Is it worth it to shop from amazon.de (or elsewhere) instead of uk?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

I ordered something from Amazon IT on 31st December. It went out of stock after I ordered it and it only got dispatched last week. Now when I check my order on Amazon IT it says it's undeliverable. It made it as far as Paris. So bloody annoying.

I've found Amazon IT a bit of a pain to use so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

I ordered something from Amazon IT on 31st December. It went out of stock after I ordered it and it only got dispatched last week.

This is highly unusual, in fact it's the first time I hear that. I have placed numerous orders for the last item they had in stock, including on their .it site and not even once it was not allocated to me. I heard amazon has problems fulfilling preorders at times (like with PS5 recently), but that involves allocating stock they were promised and not the actual warehouse inventory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Hi,

I just got an email from An Post saying that customs will be applied (where appropriate) to UK deliveries as of January 1st. Will this affect Amazon deliveries? Is it worth it to change amazon.de instead (or another region)? I have amazon prime which gives me free deliveries from uk, not sure if that applies to other regions. Are other domains cheaper? More expensive? More or less selection? Or is the customs thing nothing to worry about re: amazon uk items

Thanks.

Yes. I've been buying from them for years for German sourced texts & music.
    Just watch out for the postage, and if you are buying an electrical item the plug will be EU unless it specifies otherwise.

That said, Amazon are well set up for Brexit so your import duty is estimated and collected in the same way as they already did for Amazon US orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I’ve gotten a few packages from UK Amazon in the last two weeks all ordered after the 1st of January. No extra charges or vat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Finding it much better recently. One item came in 2 days. Others far quicker than the estimate most less than a week.

My tracking updated to "arrived at final delivery station, Dublin." Ordered on the 10th.

Still saying delivery is next Wednesday but maybe it'll arrive in the coming few days? I hope it does, I need the item :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    My tracking updated to "arrived at final delivery station, Dublin." Ordered on the 10th.

Still saying delivery is next Wednesday but maybe it'll arrive in the coming few days? I hope it does, I need the item :pac:

It will most likely be out for delivery today. I've never had an order sent with Amazon Logistics not go out for delivery the day it arrived in Dublin.

VG31 wrote: »
    It will most likely be out for delivery today. I've never had an order sent with Amazon Logistics not go out for delivery the day it arrived in Dublin.

Still says arriving next Wednesday so I won't hold my breath for delivery today or I'll just disappoint myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It’s getting better.

Ordered Friday
    Shipped Monday
    AnPost received it in Dublin Wednesday night
    Delivered Thursday

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Still says arriving next Wednesday so I won't hold my breath for delivery today or I'll just disappoint myself :pac:

Most of the time I get the out for delivery notification between 7 and 10 am, but as late as 1 pm isn't uncommon in my experience either. I even had 3 pm once.

My last two orders were dispatched very quickly (prime member). One next day and the other same day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Seems to be estimating around 10 days for each of the items I order. Bought a smart light strip yesterday for example and that's estimated to arrive on February 1st. The longest wait is for a CD which was ordered on the 18th and expected to arrive on the 31st.

Advertisement