Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thanks @Jim_Hodge, I also contacted the seller via Amazon, and await their reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭scrotist

Do Amazon pay for postage if you return an item simply because you don't want it?

Just got a delivery today, and decided I actually don't need it. Got a better item in town myself over the weekend.

It's still in packaging, not even opened.

Will they pay for me to return it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

nowadays they only pay if it’s their fault i.e ship a fragile item in flimsy packaging.

Depending on the amount, you might get a returnless refund. Last week, I ordered a BD that I already owned. £20. Went through the process and got a refund without having to return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

According to their terms the cost of returning the item is on you. You must notify them within 14 days of receiving the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

No, but a lot of people find something wrong with the product so Amazon do pay for the return.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

Well, the dimensions of the product are off. It's a ryanair "personal item" carry-on backpack that fits the ryanair sizer.

However it's actually smaller than the ryanair sizer, so wasted space. Or.. the opposite of wasted space. I want it to use more space.

I'll put that as a reason and hopefully they'll pay for postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

by off do you mean the dimensions are different to the dimensions listed in the product description? if so that would be not be a change of mind.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No, they don’t pay shipping for change of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭tiegan

Well I bought a printer a couple of months ago - managed to fix the old one in the meantime so sent the new printer back to Scotland. Amazon paid out no problem and it was nearly 40e to send back.

I checked addresspal but it seems I only have the options of getting items delivered to a location in the UK or USA.

I want them delivered to Ireland, directly to my post office.

I live in an apartment block and my stuff goes missing quite often and I'm sick of it. The delivery drivers just throw stuff on the ground outside, or they must throw it in a bush or I don't know what the hell happens to them.

What are my pick up location options for Amazon?

I'd rather pick the things up in the post office rather than those lockers, as the nearest locker is a million miles away from me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Is it general parcels or just from Amazon? Amazon locker locations are on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Amazon don't deliver to post offices in Ireland, only in NI.

General packets I guess. I have this issue with basically everything larger than an envelope.

But.. do we have Amazon lockers too? I couldn't find any info on the website. Where can I see a map or list of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The website has a map showing pick up locations in Northern Ireland. Search in the Customer Service.

Has anyone here used this? Does the amazon driver have to fiddle with the locker and scan things in himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭qwas75

Does anyone know what is going on with Amazon UK lately? It became a nightmare to use, and most of the items are now undeliverable to Ireland. I've never used them for any expensive purchases, like TVs or washing machines, just bits and pieces I can't find in my local shop.

It was very handy and saved me time and money I'd spent travelling 1 hour to the nearest city and back. At some point, they even did deliveries on Saturdays and Sundays (I'm a Prime member), but then they stopped it and handed over all deliveries to AnPost.

But what I've noticed lately, is that almost everything I'm looking for is "currently unavailable

". But if you change the delivery address to the UK, it magically fixes everything, everything is in stock but only for UK customers. Even if I manage to order something and receive it, the next time I try to reorder it's not available anymore. Really frustrating 😕 And I keep paying Prime membership fees 🤦‍♂️

Does anyone experience the same problem? Does anyone know anything about Amazon's plans for fixing the issue/launching amazon.ie or something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭con747

Brexit. Try other Amazon sites in the EU but delivery charges apply. The C/S has gone downhill as well.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭I am me123

Hi, I hope ye can give me advice on an issue?

I ordered an item on Amazon today. I then changed my mind and submitted a cancellation request for this item. On the "My Orders" page it states " We are cancelling your item".

The payment is in my "Pending" transactions ..

On average does it take long for Amazon to process cancellation requests?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Depends how long you wait before cancelling and where the item has got to in the packing process.

If you cancel straight away the cancelation is normally instant but if the item has already been picked then it will take longer but no longer than a day.

If you are waiting for the money back then sorry can't be sure but sometimes it takes a bit longer.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭EarWig

I got a DHL tracking number for an item coming from Germany and it shows up on their system. All the way to arriving and "Shipment processed at delivery depot." And now showing as delivered.

It was just delivered by An Post.

What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

DHL Germany used by Amazon is the German Postal operator (DHL Paket International) and not the yellow DHL express van you see around.

DHL Germany parcels are delivered by AnPost as the local postal operator and DHL Germany Express is delivered by DHL Ireland as it's the express courier arm of DHL.

If your Amazon.de packet has a tracking number ending in IE, it's most likely DHL Paket International and comes via AnPost.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Delivery today needed a one time password. Is that a new thing? Order value just over £100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭jj880

Ive had that before. Order £190 value.

Just out of interest. Was it an Amazon van?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Ordered some BDs off Amazon US on Tuesday night. They shipped Wednesday morning and arrived at lunchtime today - have never seen stuff come that fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Yes it was

Advertisement