Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

kevin306 wrote: »
    Quick question, maybe Im missing something but the main point of getting prime for me and others was for two day delivery to Ireland. Currently I'm waiting minimium of 10/15 days for any delivery. Whats the point of having prime anymore?

you can buy something for less that £20 get 20% off and free shipping with Prime? that's pretty cool, despite the delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

GBX wrote: »
    Prime is not just delivery. Its movies, books, photo storage. A lot of people cancelling at the moment. Im holding off renewing till things get back in order after brexit crossover period.

I know but its not worth it for the movies or the books both of which I can get a better selection of by "downloading".

The movies are a bonus but the main reason I and many others signed up to Prime was not having to wait a week for dispatch and the two day priority shipping to Ireland something that Amazon is still advertising on their site.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

GBX wrote: »
    Prime is not just delivery. Its movies, books, photo storage. A lot of people cancelling at the moment. Im holding off renewing till things get back in order after brexit crossover period.

Ya apologies I guess I was more hinting at what is the point of prime regarding delivery. Doesnt seem to bw worth the cost. But you're right it does offer a bit more (not much though for us irish residents). I'm cancelling anyway not worth it with the current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

I know but its not worth it for the movies or the books both of which I can get a better selection of by "downloading".

The movies are a bonus but the main reason I and many others signed up to Prime was not having to wait a week for dispatch and the two day priority shipping to Ireland something that Amazon is still advertising on their site.

This is whats most egregious for me. They are still advertising the two day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Using "Prime" delivery.

ORDER PLACED
    3 January 2021

Dispatched
    Tuesday, 12 January
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Saint Helens, Merseyside GB

Wednesday, 13 January
    10:43 AM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,

Nothing since then, been sitting in Dublin since the 13th, ment to be here tomorrow (Co. Tipp) but not holding my breath.

Basically the same with another 4 ordered.

Complete BS at this stage, all the stuff ordered available for next day delivery if using a UK address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Anyone returned anything to the UK yet that wasnt faulty? Just change of mind?
    I know I'll have to pay for postage but Not entirely sure if I'll have to pay some sort of duty etc for it too?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

kevin306 wrote: »
    Quick question, maybe Im missing something but the main point of getting prime for me and others was for two day delivery to Ireland. Currently I'm waiting minimium of 10/15 days for any delivery. Whats the point of having prime anymore?

Prime Video is a pretty decent streaming service with lots to watch.

I find almost as much to watch on it as I do on Netflix that costs like €18 per month now!

Add to that getting VAT off orders under €22. If you buy just two €22 items per month, the VAT saving basically pays for the prime video service, so not so bad.

Of course, the above only applies if you don't mind waiting a week or two.

The other aspect, is that a lot of items I buy tend to be hard to get locally and if they have them tend to be far more expensive, so if I can wait, still worth getting them from Amazon.

I will readily admit that I seriously miss the 2 day delivery that we were getting before Christmas. That was seriously cool. But when I stop and think about it, it is still worth it and I hope they sort the delivery issues soon.

I'd also point out that one item I ordered last week came in just 2 days, so a sign things might be improving slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

I sent back a Bluray Boxset via An Post at my expense with refund requested. I posted it on the 05Jan21 using the provided Label / Paperwork to Amazon Way, Dunfermline, Fife but no update yet on return status.

I would have expected it to have arrived by now. Probably a huge amount of returns after the Xmas season.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Macker1 wrote: »
    I sent back a Bluray Boxset via An Post at my expense with refund requested. I posted it on the 05Jan21 using the provided Label / Paperwork to Amazon Way, Dunfermline, Fife but no update yet on return status.

I would have expected it to have arrived by now. Probably a huge amount of returns after the Xmas season.

Was it not to An Post in Portlaoise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

bk wrote: »
    Prime Video is a pretty decent streaming service with lots to watch.

I find almost as much to watch on it as I do on Netflix that costs like €18 per month now!

Add to that getting VAT off orders under €22. If you buy just two €22 items per month, the VAT saving basically pays for the prime video service, so not so bad.

Of course, the above only applies if you don't mind waiting a week or two.

The other aspect, is that a lot of items I buy tend to be hard to get locally and if they have them tend to be far more expensive, so if I can wait, still worth getting them from Amazon.

I will readily admit that I seriously miss the 2 day delivery that we were getting before Christmas. That was seriously cool. But when I stop and think about it, it is still worth it and I hope they sort the delivery issues soon.

I'd also point out that one item I ordered last week came in just 2 days, so a sign things might be improving slightly.

Yea, I'd always used the Prime + Parcel Motel combo, for the quicker delivery..2/3 days (€parcel motel cost) as it was always much quicker than getting the 'free' irish delivery.

Then they truly spoiled us in Nov/December with the ridiculous near next day turnaround for items in Dublin which got all hopes up, only to be crush them into little pieces on Jan 1st by the Brexit delays.

Prime Delivery (if it ever speeds up) + Prime Video and all the other bells and whistles are still quite good value. Prime has some excellent original stuff..' The Boys..' ok well, it has 'The Boy's and other stuff that likely isn't on Netflix.

5Rd55ai.png
    Currently sitting at Jan 27th. Seems most things are ending up in sitting in Rochester now. Maybe it's their Brexit base.

I've £250 Amazon credit I had planned (well still planning in a few weeks) on spending towards a Camera lens...but now I'm nearly wishing i'd redeemed it on Amazon.de or fr instead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭peter4918

derekbro wrote: »
    How long did it take from Lauwin-Planque, Hauts-de-France FR to get to dublin?
    I have a delivery from amazon.de that arrived in Lauwin-Planque this morning but delivery estimate is 9-25 Feb, I'd hope it'll arrive before then.

For me so far it’s been 3 days from there to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

Two orders from the 14 and 15 January were delivered today. That's a much better delivery time. Hopefully they can keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

pillphil wrote: »
    Amazon decided to send my order for a second round of customs
    I have a package that did customs clearance in Rochester and then went on for a bonus round of customs clearance in Mouscron, Belgium!

whiterebel wrote: »
    Was it not to An Post in Portlaoise?

No.....

Return to address was as follows

Amazon-Customer Returns
    Amazon Way
    Dunfermline Fife KY11 8ST
    GB

Just to confirm I chose the option for me to send it back at my expense and get a full refund. It wasn't damaged I just didn't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

My order from Friday late night has just shipped.

Shows as arriving on Monday at the moment.

Non essential item.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,512 ✭✭✭✭zell12

corkie wrote: »
    I assume from the above it was refunded on the cancelled order?
    Unless you have Prime, you still need to pay VAT on transport fee's

If the actual Import Fees are less than the Import Fees Deposit collected by us on your behalf, you'll automatically be refunded the difference
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910710

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭obi604

hi

now with brexit etc, it seems more expensive and cumbersome to use amazon.co.uk

what is the next best alternative - Amazon Germany or Amazon France

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

This is a mess. It'll be a long time before I order anything from Amazon again. I'm sure they've seen their business in ROI fall of a cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

JDxtra wrote: »
    This is a mess. It'll be a long time before I order anything from Amazon again. I'm sure they've seen their business in ROI fall of a cliff.

Ive been getting £5 vouchers off them every time ive got onto their vhat about late deliveries the last couple of weeks.
    £25 so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its going to be atleast a few months before the teething problems are sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

I've given up on the UK site and I have cancelled my Prime membership. I just use Hagglezon now to compare the prices on the EU sites. I've found delivery from Germany to be efficient so far. I really wish they'd just roll Ireland in with the German site and offer us Prime membership there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Jmccoy1 wrote: »
    I've given up on the UK site and I have cancelled my Prime membership. I just use Hagglezon now to compare the prices on the EU sites. I've found delivery from Germany to be efficient so far. I really wish they'd just roll Ireland in with the German site and offer us Prime membership there.

Amazone is not the same at all without prime delivery.
    How much is delivery from Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

rob316 wrote: »
    Its going to be atleast a few months before the teething problems are sorted.

It already seems to be improving as late expected deliveries are coming through sooner now that a week or more ago. Not as good as before but I think teething problems should get resolved soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

obi604 wrote: »
    hi

now with brexit etc, it seems more expensive and cumbersome to use amazon.co.uk

what is the next best alternative - Amazon Germany or Amazon France

What are you finding more expensive and cumbersome as opposed to this time last year?

You can use amazon Germany, they have an English language option but you will be paying for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭obi604

What are you finding more expensive and cumbersome as opposed to this time last year?

You can use amazon Germany, they have an English language option but you will be paying for delivery.

is that not what the bulk of this thread is about, more expensive now to ship things via uk, could be extra charges, shipping delays etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It already seems to be improving as late expected deliveries are coming through sooner now that a week or more ago. Not as good as before but I think teething problems should get resolved soon.

I got a prime delivery I ordered on the 12th delivered today. It'll get much quicker.

Quick update......... My return has been received and refund is now being processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Thanks Macker, thats helpful :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Book ordered last thurs arrived today along with my subscribe and save that was due tomorrow!

Advertisement