Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭corkie

zell12 wrote: »
    My recent Amazon CN22 packet label says
    items £13.50
    delivery £6.00
    = £19.50
    Revenue rate = €21.50
    Amazon import fees deposit is £5.38.
    Since it is less than €22, will I get this back or who/how do I apply to (carrier: AnPost)?
    To obtain details regarding the Actual Import Fees, or to obtain documentation or receipts in connection with customs clearance, you may contact the Carrier specified in your dispatch confirmation e-mail.

"Import Fees Deposit Refunds

If the actual Import Fees are less than the Import Fees Deposit collected by us on your behalf, you'll automatically be refunded the difference to the payment method you used for the order. You'll receive a notification e-mail confirming the amount of the refund. The refunds will be processed as and when we receive carrier invoices confirming the actual Import Fees. If carrier invoices are not received by 180 days from the ship date, you will automatically receive a refund for the full amount of Import Fees Deposit paid.
    "

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&pop-up=1&nodeId=201117970&ref=amazon_global_shipmsg_viewed_help

^^^ Depending on what exchange rate they used, you could be on the €22 threshold.

Since you paid it on checkout from Amazon, your refund would be from them, if anpost/customs didn't collect?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭zell12

But how do I know if Revenue got the 'import fees deposit'?
    Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks
    (your link is from US site. UK site says)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I ordered an item on Saturday (with Prime) and received it Monday. I was surprised. Delivered to Kells by Amazon driver.

Monday, 25 January
    2:30 PM
    Delivered
    Kells, IE

1:24 PM
    Completed customs clearance process
    Dublin, Swords

9:42 AM
    Out for delivery
    Dublin, IE

1:27 AM
    Package arrived at the final delivery station
    Dublin, IE

Sunday, 24 January
    8:44 AM
    Dublin, Swords

7:12 AM
    Initiated customs clearance process
    Dublin, Swords

4:38 AM
    Dublin, Swords

2:36 AM
    Dublin, Swords

2:24 AM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Saint Helens, Merseyside GB
    Saturday, 23 January

10:42 PM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Saint Helens, Merseyside GB
    Package has shipped

But how do I know if Revenue got the 'import fees deposit'?
    Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks
    (your link is from US site. UK site says)

Sorry just googled it an got the US link, but UK has the same text here.

Unless there is customs handling fee on the item, you where overcharged VAT as well.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Been waiting on one item to ship since the 16th. Purchased something else two days ago and looks like they’ve been shipped together now. Weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dollylama

I notice that the Amazon Business UK site now applies the Import Fee Deposit at checkout whereas previously all items sold or fulfilled by Amazon and some third-party sellers were ex-VAT at checkout. Worse still, I can't tell exactly what VAT rate they're applying for the Import Fee Deposit as sometimes it comes back at 21%, other times 20%, but regardless they're collecting some form of VAT.

As a quick exercise, I loaded up some matching baskets on UK, DE and ES business sites and surprisingly, the UK site came out cheaper every time even though VAT is being applied while the EU sites are still ex-VAT. This is due in part to the unavoidable delivery charges on the Amazon DE and ES sites but more so, some items are much more expensive on those sites than UK (granted I know this swings both ways...)

So I'm trying to figure how much benefit there is to still buy for business on Amazon Business UK and will it be a PITA from an accounting stand-point? The value, choice and availability is still coming through.. value to a lesser extent now.. but will it create a mess trying to account for these purchases?

Been waiting on one item to ship since the 16th. Purchased something else two days ago and looks like they’ve been shipped together now. Weird.

Im contacting them about my headphones.

I ordered on the 3rd with an expected of 1st Feb.

They haven't even dispatched yet to make that near one month deadline.

Item was in stock.

I ordered 5 items around a week ago, received one yesterday and the other 4 have since shipped.

Orders made in early January look to have been disregarded due to Brexit or whatever and are just not a priority now.

I ordered 5 items this morning. I'd bet they ship before the headphones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭9db3xj7z41fs5u

Im contacting them about my headphones.

I ordered on the 3rd with an expected of 1st Feb.

They haven't even dispatched yet to make that near one month deadline.

Item was in stock.

I ordered 5 items around a week ago, received one yesterday and the other 4 have since shipped.

Orders made in early January look to have been disregarded due to Brexit or whatever and are just not a priority now.

I ordered 5 items this morning. I'd bet they ship before the headphones too.

I also noticed how they have slowed down with their dispatching. I ordered 2 gifts 2 weeks ago. They have still not been dispatched and in stock. I don’t know if they will arrive in time. I am getting fed up with Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

There's a lot of people complaining about orders not dispatching but are you checking if its sold and fulfilled by amazon? or even just fulfilled? If they are not then its nothing to do with amazon. Personally nothing I have ordered that is fullfed by amazon has had much of a delay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭9db3xj7z41fs5u

rafi bomb wrote: »
    There's a lot of people complaining about orders not dispatching but are you checking if its sold and fulfilled by amazon? or even just fulfilled? If they are not then its nothing to do with amazon. Personally nothing I have ordered that is fullfed by amazon has had much of a delay

Both of my Amazon purchases were Amazon choice and I have Amazon prime. I have started to shop elsewhere now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

ordered some vinyl sunday, out for delivery today.

Yeah all mine are by them.

In my case it looked like a Brexit delay. They gave a month for the delivery.

But after ordering further items that since dispatched its almost like the early Jan orders are taking a back seat.

Theres no reason an item in stock shouldn't have been dispatched in nearly 4 weeks.

I contacted them and they "looked into it further" and said the item is on track to make it on time but I can't see it making it here in 3 working days.

Hopefully they gave a nudge to the factory where it is to dispatch it today at least.

This is a warehouse deal item, in stock. Non-prime.
    hPbLefn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DukeAwesome

Item ordered on Saturday (fulfilled by Amazon) arrived today.

Still no delivery date given for the Oculus Quest 2 that is sold directly by Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

My latest tracking status for my order randomly sent from Rochester to Mouscron Belgium due to be delivered my home address in Dublin now states "unable to forward parcel to different address"

Anyone any idea of the implications of this? Website and google pull nothing and my order is EU S.a.r.L

Delivery By Amazon
    Tracking ID:
    Wednesday, 27 January
    9:49 AM
    Unable to forward parcel to different address
    Mouscron, BE
    Saturday, 23 January
    6:01 AM
    Customs Clearance delay
    Mouscron, BE
    Thursday, 21 January
    11:31 AM
    Mouscron, BE
    Wednesday, 20 January
    9:23 PM
    Rochester, GB
    7:00 PM
    Rochester, Kent GB
    5:54 PM
    Rochester, Medway GB
    Package has shipped
    Times are shown in the local time zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I've noticed a sizeable improvement in the delivery expectations for items to be delivered to Ireland, (Dublin with Prime).

Most items that I browse through show an expected delivery of the 1st of February now (some others showing the 3rd but even that is an improvement). Yesterday, most items we're expected to be delivered by he 4th or the 5th.

A 4 day turnaround would be about back to where it was this time last year (before Amazon started doing deliveries themself in the Dublin region).

These were never on sale in ROI right?

Not downplaying the impact of course, disappointing for customers up North.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kaleb2015

Ohmeha wrote: »
    My latest tracking status for my order randomly sent from Rochester to Mouscron Belgium due to be delivered my home address in Dublin now states "unable to forward parcel to different address"

Anyone any idea of the implications of this? Website and google pull nothing and my order is EU S.a.r.L

Delivery By Amazon
    Tracking ID:
    Wednesday, 27 January
    9:49 AM
    Unable to forward parcel to different address
    Mouscron, BE
    Saturday, 23 January
    6:01 AM
    Customs Clearance delay
    Mouscron, BE
    Thursday, 21 January
    11:31 AM
    Mouscron, BE
    Wednesday, 20 January
    9:23 PM
    Rochester, GB
    7:00 PM
    Rochester, Kent GB
    5:54 PM
    Rochester, Medway GB
    Package has shipped
    Times are shown in the local time zone.

I have a couple of things ordered and all have gone to Belgium. I would imagine they are sending them to an EU country first so that the customer isn’t charged customs. Maybe it’s cheaper on their end to send them there first.

1huge1 wrote: »
    These were never on sale in ROI right?
    "NI has remained part of the EU's single market for goods while the rest of the UK has left. That means that goods entering NI from GB are subject to EU rules"
    It will be generally everything Amazon cannot sell/prohibitive cost, to RoI.
    Includes most food products

Interesting times ahead

• Advertisement

Kaleb2015 wrote: »
    I have a couple of things ordered and all have gone to Belgium. I would imagine they are sending them to an EU country first so that the customer isn’t charged customs. Maybe it’s cheaper on their end to send them there first.

Interesting, obviously it would be better for us if they just sent them to this EU country "first", but presumably this is part of a larger move by Amazon with Belgium being such a central location in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

1huge1 wrote: »
    Interesting, obviously it would be better for us if they just sent them to this EU country "first", but presumably this is part of a larger move by Amazon with Belgium being such a central location in the EU.

As if we weren't guilty enough about having multiple mini sub-£22 orders to beat the VAT, now Amazon are adding a few extra legs to our packages journey to our gaff to avoid customs. :pac:

Good for our pockets, not so much for the 'ol Carbon footprint - thanks Brexit!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

I tried to re-order some items from amazon.uk but none of them would even deliver to Ireland now so I went to amazon.de. I couldn't get the exact same items so had to substitute but the prices were very competitive and they were dispatched the next day, still en route but due by Monday. I'm definitely trying to buy local where possible but sometimes it's not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Oh wow.. ordered yesterday and shipped today !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Ordered my first items from Amazon.co.uk this year, two items £100 each, free delivery included. When I got to the checkout, it said £40 duty, just as I was about to cancel, I noticed my final price was still £200. Looking at the price of the items in the basket and they had changed to £80 each, so the duty rounded up these cheaper prices to what I expected to pay (£200 for these items was still cheaper than anywhere else). I ordered and they arrived in 2-3 days with no extra costs having to be paid anywhere. Has this happened anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Ordered my first items from Amazon.co.uk this year, two items £100 each, free delivery included. When I got to the checkout, it said £40 duty, just as I was about to cancel, I noticed my final price was still £200. Looking at the price of the items in the basket and they had changed to £80 each, so the duty rounded up these cheaper prices to what I expected to pay (£200 for these items was still cheaper than anywhere else). I ordered and they arrived in 2-3 days with no extra costs having to be paid anywhere. Has this happened anyone?

This is how it works now.
    £100 likely includes UK VAT at 20% which is removed (should be about £83 ex VAT).
    Then separately amazon UK add on Irish vat @21% (most goods) about £18, for a total of £101.

Amazon UK have entered an arrangement to collect Vat on behalf of Ireland so no issues on arrival.
    They just show it on a custom and taxes line instead of in the product price.

Good article:
    https://www.moneyguideireland.com/vat-and-online-shopping-in-the-uk-after-brexit.html

Rules may result in changes again in July so might be worth keeping an eye for updates.

Mouscron Belgium

I think your parcels might have been put onto the wrong container and ended up with one of Amazon’s provider for shipments to/from China and some Southern European countries who is located in Mouscron Belgium.

I would contact Amazon customer support for assistance .

VG31 wrote: »
    They are most likely not going to Belgium, see my post in another thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116053778&postcount=1478
    Mouscron Belgium

I think your parcels might have been put onto the wrong container and ended up with one of Amazon’s provider for shipments to/from China and some Southern European countries who is located in Mouscron Belgium.

I would contact Amazon customer support for assistance .

Why are you creating panic over some bug in the tracking reports. Plenty of people reporting that location. Which could be someone doing remote processing over a VPN on these orders.

No way they could transition from that location in reported time frames?

corkie wrote: »
    Why are you creating panic over some bug in the tracking reports. Plenty of people reporting that location. Which could be someone doing remote processing over a VPN on these orders.

No way they could transition from that location in reported time frames?

Since when is advising people to contact Amazon Customer Support creating panic.

There is an issue especially for the poster that has the message about the parcel not being able to be forwarded.

A simple chat / call with Amazon will tell you either it’s your speculation that it’s a bug in the tracking, a remote worker or a possible miss route.

Until than all is speculation including mine (which however is based on experience with similar issues in the past).

Simple chat / call will clarify and than hopefully someone will report back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭VG31

I'll check the warehouse routing codes when I get my package. I'd be very surprised if it actually went through Belgium. I've had two other packages show customs clearance statuses in Dublin, Swords very soon after dispatch. They never actually went there.

I said in another thread that my package couldn't have got from Kent to Belgium in 27 minutes. However the times shown are local time and I forgot to account for that. So it's even more impossible unless Amazon have invented time travel. :P

Advertisement