Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Only one SIM per login/email so it'll be the same process whether using the spare SIM or a new one from scratch.

Set up a new login and activate the SIM in the same way you activated your own SIM.

Not sure what way the recruit reward will work as the terms changed in mid November.

Oh I should have gone two steps further. There is a question asking if you have your sim card yet. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Could Thomas C and Jessie S who used my referral link please contact me if they see this? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭sk8board

anyone having trouble logging into the App today?
    I ported over my sons number, and all went well, however when I log in to the App to purchase a subscription with the correct credentials its says they are invalid. When I select 'forgot password' it says the email entered isn't a 48 customer - even though I have all the registration and porting correspondance from them on that email literally throughout the past 24 hours!

anyone else experiencing the same, or any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

anyone having trouble logging into the App today

Use a browser instead...

https://48.ie/log-in

Use a browser instead...

https://48.ie/log-in

tried that yep, same issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

tried that yep, same issue.

Try gift shop, it doesn't need log in to buy membership, enter the phone number and it should allow purchase of membership via card

https://48.ie/gift-shop

Was the phone number ported ever used with 48 before?

Try gift shop, it doesn't need log in to buy membership, enter the phone number and it should allow purchase of membership via card

https://48.ie/gift-shop

Was the phone number ported ever used with 48 before?

I don’t know - it’s a sim I got new at Christmas for my son from Vodafone.
    It’s definitely a recently recycled sim as he’s gotten a few WhatsApps from people thinking he was someone else.

I tried the gift shop and it’s saying “ It's not possible to supply topup to this number”

Frustrating - everything was going so smoothly! It’s only failed at the point where I want to give them money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

same happened to me wont let me log in nor recognises the email address.

I DM'ed them late last night on twitter - they got back at 9am and said they'd 'refreshed my account' and hey presto all working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

I have successfully ported from Tesco to 48.ie. Can I get
    a record of my call's and data usage.Tesco have a very detailed history available, very easy to see call history. Very happy with 48.ie better connectivity. Thank's KB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Super quick port over today. Up & running happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

KB22 wrote: »
    a record of my call's and data usage.Tesco have a very detailed history available, very easy to see call history. Very happy with 48.ie better connectivity. Thank's KB.

Doesn't appear so.

https://community.48.ie/t5/Other-Help/History-calls/m-p/43755/highlight/true# chat if you want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭SteM

If popped the 48 sim into the phone and the network name in the notification bar comes up as tesco mobile. Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I am noticing instead of 4G symbol it displays LTE. Is that right for those on network? I have seen 3G symbol but yet to see 4G symbol.

At home today & had 4G on previous network Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

I am noticing instead of 4G symbol it displays LTE. Is that right for those on network? I have seen 3G symbol but yet to see 4G symbol.

At home today & had 4G on previous network Three.

LTE and 4G are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

SteM wrote: »
    If popped the 48 sim into the phone and the network name in the notification bar comes up as tesco mobile. Is that correct?

Yeah that's normal on Huawei phones. Both networks share the same mnc number so Huawei get it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭beachhead

KB22 wrote: »

48 does not offer a usage history like Tesco

anyone else waiting for their SIM in the post this week?
    The offer closes next Monday 1st. I order a sim last week and it arrived the next day and got set up, whereas 2 further SIM's I ordered for 2 family members last Friday are still enroute

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

After 15 years with Vodafone, I changed to 48 last week, as I was constantly going over my data limit and having to pay through the nose. I am extremely happy so far, paying one fifth of what I was with Vodafone, for no noticeable difference so far in service (other than loads more data!)
    One question - my phone shows Tesco Mobile as my provider - is this normal?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

RandRuns wrote: »
    After 15 years with Vodafone, I changed to 48 last week, as I was constantly going over my data limit and having to pay through the nose. I am extremely happy so far, paying one fifth of what I was with Vodafone, for no noticeable difference so far in service (other than loads more data!)
    One question - my phone shows Tesco Mobile as my provider - is this normal?

48 and Tesco mobile share the same APN settings, some phones do that, It's completely normal. My old Huawei did the same for me.

• Advertisement

48 and Tesco mobile share the same APN settings, some phones do that, It's completely normal. My old Huawei did the same for me.

Thanks - mine is a Huawei, so that explains it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Can you use your carry over Data when you're out of membership, or do you have to buy a top up to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Can you use your carry over Data when you're out of membership, or do you have to buy a top up to use it?

Can't use it. Need to buy a top up to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

I have an E5573 locked to the Three network and naively thought I could use a 48 sim in it but appears not, I thought 48 were a three mobile off shoot?
    Any point contacting Three for a network unlock code as I don't know what 083 number it was linked to unfortunately.
    Otherwise I will have to purchase an unlocked alternative mifi device.
    * Looks like this has been answered previously*
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114733492&postcount=981

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Say I activate a SIM today and buy membership at 7.99, don't have auto renew on, and say after a few months, (lets say less than 6 months just in case), will I still be able to buy a membership again at 7.99, or will I have to go with the prevailing rates?

Actually, even if it's not a few months, say any shorter period, do you loose the 7.99 deal if you don't autorenew?

I ask because it's getting near the 1st February, and an 8 euro 'investment' now might be a handy thing to have down the road for mobile broadband in case of an outage or for any other opportunity...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

CGI_3 wrote: »
    Say I activate a SIM today and buy membership at 7.99, don't have auto renew on, and say after a few months, (lets say less than 6 months just in case), will I still be able to buy a membership again at 7.99, or will I have to go with the prevailing rates?

Actually, even if it's not a few months, say any shorter period, do you loose the 7.99 deal if you don't autorenew?

I ask because it's getting near the 1st February, and an 8 euro 'investment' now might be a handy thing to have down the road for mobile broadband in case of an outage or for any other opportunity...

As far as I recall, you can buy one membership and that keeps the plan active for a maximum of 6 months.
    So it should be safe to say,
    Buy one on 1st February and you could leave it until end July. ( I would top it up before that in case)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Can I activate a sim snd port my number on that sim later? Vodafone are nightmare to get nac codes off

Can I activate a sim snd port my number on that sim later? Vodafone are nightmare to get nac codes off

That's what I did - tested it on the original sim number for a few days to check reception and then porter my own number over. Worked very smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

RandRuns wrote: »
    That's what I did - tested it on the original sim number for a few days to check reception and then porter my own number over. Worked very smoothly.

Did it take long to port from 48?
    I may be forced down this route before the €7.99 deal expires. I’ll register the sim and port once Vodafone finally unlock my phone

• Advertisement

Did it take long to port from 48?
    I may be forced down this route before the €7.99 deal expires. I’ll register the sim and port once Vodafone finally unlock my phone

I ported from vodafone to 48. From the time I notified 48 via the app, it took about 1 hour. I didn't lose coverage for any noticable length of time, and I only knew it had happened when I got a text from vodafone to tell me I was no longer with them.
    Was amazed at how easy it was.

Advertisement