Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Aquos76 wrote: »
    This is good to hear, so I assume you are happy with how 48 is going for you, it just shows that it’s not all bad for everyone which is my point. If I was in business and dependant on my phone, I’d have taken out a membership for a month or two in advance to see how the network is before I ported over any business numbers, that’s just me though.

Yeah very happy with it so far. I ordered the sim a week or two before I needed it to test reception etc, using it with the number it came with, so I was happy enough to change over then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭pgj2015

This is good to hear, so I assume you are happy with how 48 is going for you, it just shows that it’s not all bad for everyone which is my point. If I was in business and dependant on my phone, I’d have taken out a membership for a month or two in advance to see how the network is before I ported over any business numbers, that’s just me though.

You live and you learn.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

pgj2015 wrote: »
    its a mistake because its costing me business at the moment. you pay for what you get I suppose. I will be leaving 48.

It's a consumer service. They don't make any guarantees .

If you have business critical requirements then I'd agree you probably shouldn't be going for the cheapest plan available and opt for something that offers such guarantees.
    Though that said I had a Vodafone business plan a few years ago and found their customer service appalling.

I was with 3 years ago for my business phone and one sunday at 5pm I thought it was very quiet, didnt get a call all day, I turned off my phone and turned it back on again, then all the missed calls started coming through. the 3 network was down in Ireland all day. I honestly never had 1 problem with eir in the last few years.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I was with 3 years ago for my business phone and one sunday at 5pm I thought it was very quiet, didnt get a call all day, I turned off my phone and turned it back on again, then all the missed calls started coming through. the 3 network was down in Ireland all day. I honestly never had 1 problem with eir in the last few years.

Eir have had the odd countrywide outage too, I’ve been an meteor/Eir/GoMo customer for well over 10 years now and i definitely recall some countrywide outages in that time, not many mind you. All networks will have issues occasionally, but MVNO do tend to have issues a little more often compared to actual network providers.

• Advertisement

Eir have had the odd countrywide outage too, I’ve been an meteor/Eir/GoMo customer for well over 10 years now and i definitely recall some countrywide outages in that time, not many mind you. All networks will have issues occasionally, but MVNO do tend to have issues a little more often compared to actual network providers.

I work every day and cant remember any problem with eir. maybe I was just lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

I work every day and cant remember any problem with eir. maybe I was just lucky.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/eir-network-down-ireland-4g-22315654

There's one 6 months ago. Every network has the odd one.

air wrote: »
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/eir-network-down-ireland-4g-22315654

There's one 6 months ago. Every network has the odd one.

I was off due to covid in july. it never happened when I was working though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

You probably didn't notice, Eir have had a few of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Anyone have problems with call dropping lately? Service has been spot on , Full 4G+ since I've signed up, Haven't had any issues at all.

The last 2 weeks though most times I make a call it just keeps cutting off mid conversation. Calls can last for 30 seconds or 10 minutes.

Could be just the device?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

air wrote: »
    You probably didn't notice, Eir have had a few of late.

There's actually one ongoing right now as far as I know, issues with both landlines and mobile

[HTML][/HTML]
    MOH wrote: »
    There's actually one ongoing right now as far as I know, issues with both landlines and mobile

Oh, GoMo in Waterford seems to be operating fine anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭thebo

What payment methods do 48 have?

Can you top up with a voucher bought in shop?

Do they use the three signal?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 463 ✭✭TetraSonic55

thebo wrote: »
    What payment methods do 48 have?

Can you top up with a voucher bought in shop?

Do they use the three signal?

They use the 3 Network.

You can get vouchers in shops anymore.

You can only top up online with your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭DopeTech

They use the 3 Network.

You can get vouchers in shops anymore.

You can only top up online with your card.

You can set it to auto renew so you can add your card and forget about it provided you don't need additional credit to make calls or tectst outside what is included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Four devices switched over without issue and happy on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Can I ask, the people that are having issues with receiving texts, calls dropping and general signal issues, is it because the 3 signal is bad in your area?

Just want to double check before I make the leap! Signal can be a bit dodgy in my house with Eir (I'm with them now, have to make sure my phone is in a particular spot to get a signal). Vodafone, absolute crap coverage. Meteor back in the day was so so, but the best was ID mobile that went bust unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Skippette wrote: »
    Can I ask, the people that are having issues with receiving texts, calls dropping and general signal issues, is it because the 3 signal is bad in your area?

Just want to double check before I make the leap! Signal can be a bit dodgy in my house with Eir (I'm with them now, have to make sure my phone is in a particular spot to get a signal). Vodafone, absolute crap coverage. Meteor back in the day was so so, but the best was ID mobile that went bust unfortunately.

ID was an mnvo on 3 in the same way 48 is so now so signal should be similar.

Skippette wrote: »

I've found differences in the signal strength to Vodfone, not neccessarily better or worse - for instance, there was a black spot for vodafone near my house where there was no signal - with 48, I have full cover there. However, there's a beach I go for a walk on where I had full signal with vodafone, but have little or none with 48. I would say that data seems to be faster in urban areas with 48, but worse in rural areas, though that's based on very sketchy guesstimating on my part.

I ordered the sim and used it for a week or two on the supplied number to test it before I committed, and I think everyone should do that to get an idea of signal coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bronkobilly

Got a sim today now stating 10 euro 99 cent 7.99 must be finished

• Advertisement

Got a sim today now stating 10 euro 99 cent 7.99 must be finished

Yeah, new price came in on 2nd Feb. They had advertised the end date of Feb 1st since November to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Is 48 down for anyone else? I'm getting no service when I normally get full bars of 4G
    Edit: nevermind, working again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

jdon72 wrote: »
    Is 48 down for anyone else? I'm getting no service when I normally get full bars of 4G

No

jdon72 wrote: »

Working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Try 3G mode, most networks will automatically try for 3G when 4G isn't available but 3/48 seems to need a manual push, might be because the network is congested.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Try 3G mode, most networks will automatically try for 3G when 4G isn't available but 3/48 seems to need a manual push, might be because the network is congested.

Forgive my ignorance, but how does one do that - is it a setting change on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

....how does one do that - is it a setting change on the phone?

Android...
    Settings > Mobile Network > Preferred Network Type

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Android...
    Settings > Mobile Network > Preferred Network Type

Thanks! Useful to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Phil69

I just got a message to say my membership has ran out after 19 days but it not due for renewal for another 11 days.

Is it it possible to renew early? If not, is that right that it is 3 euros for only 1GB add on? Is there a cheaper way to get more GB? I use 3-4 GB per day so if that is correct it is going to cost me another 100 euros in add ons before it renews again.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Phil69 wrote: »
    I just got a message to say my membership has ran out after 19 days but it not due for renewal for another 11 days.

Is it it possible to renew early? If not, is that right that it is 3 euros for only 1GB add on? Is there a cheaper way to get more GB? I use 3-4 GB per day so if that is correct it is going to cost me another 100 euros in add ons before it renews again.

Thanks

You can get 3Gb for free by exchanging minutes for data but other than that, I don't know

Advertisement