Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Ten Pin wrote: »

You can't use the sim though unless you pay. you can't make calls. I assume it will still recieve them?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Probably been asked before but what happens when you reach your 100gb allowance do they cut you off or just throttle you ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

3GB extra available by swapping minutes for data.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Many people here suspect they're missing recruitment credit. If you're one please PM me and we'll try to pool our collective thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Many people here suspect they're missing recruitment credit. If you're one please PM me and we'll try to pool our collective thoughts.

I'm missing about 3 or 4 I think. It seems to be every 2nd one that I don't receive but it may just be coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I got the credit (as in it shows in my account), but it doesn't ever seem to have been used against monthly renewal? Neither for me, nor the person I recruited.

MOH wrote: »
    I got the credit (as in it shows in my account), but it doesn't ever seem to have been used against monthly renewal? Neither for me, nor the person I recruited.

The credit is added to your account. You need to buy the membership using your credit. Then it will queue and be used when your current one runs out. You can also queue more than 1 if you get a lot of credit

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

MOH wrote: »
    It won't be used automatically for membership renewal as you might actually want the credit on your account to cover usage not covered by your membership.

As DopeTech says, you have to manually pay for membership with it.

DopeTech wrote: »
    I'm missing about 3 or 4 I think. It seems to be every 2nd one that I don't receive but it may just be coincidence.

7.99 appeared in my account in the last day or so. No email or notification from the app. It also doesn't show any more successful recruits so I don't know if it is an old one that I didn't get or what. Free credit is free credit so I won't complain!

One thing I noticed in the terms and conditions is the recruit and reward scheme is due to end in a few months. I wonder will it be done away with totally or just brought back in some other form.

• Advertisement

DopeTech wrote: »
    One thing I noticed in the terms and conditions is the recruit and reward scheme is due to end in a few months.

Where does it say that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

I’m on 48 and over the last few days, people are telling me they haven’t been able to ring me at most times. What would this be?

Where does it say that please?

Terms say they are up to may 15th 2021 so it may change then.

https://48.ie/legal/recruit-rules

jdon72 wrote: »
    I’m on 48 and over the last few days, people are telling me they haven’t been able to ring me at most times. What would this be?

Could be a few things. Were the same people able to call you before on 48 or is it since you moved to 48? Are they all on one network? Best to log it with 48 support. If it was a network wide issue they will be able to tell you and if not they will be able to open a ticket to check it out. Possibly a routing issue if you only ported over recently. They had to fix mine when I ported as for the first week or so I couldn't make calls to some numbers. When I logged it they had it fixed about 3 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭beachhead

Keep after them.It took me 3 months to get webchat to give me the free credit I was entitled.I wrote to Three in Limerick which moved things along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭beachhead

jdon72 wrote: »

Three/48 network went down on Wed 6th Jan in the afternoon for approx 3 hours in some parts of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

A friend asked me do 48 charge for calls to the uk. I suggested he use whatsapp to call a relative there ( in his phone book on his smartphone which until now was reluctant to use) but when he sent her a link to his whatsapp by old fashioned sms text message she didnt get it and he doesnt know how to link his whatsapp with hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Moved to 48 from Gomo recently. All good except I am not receiving verification texts from a variety of providers, is there a fix for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thank you. Just ordered a sim now. Hopefully when I activate you will get your credit.

Got the credit today, thank you, Bigserious1!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Moved to 48 from Gomo recently. All good except I am not receiving verification texts from a variety of providers, is there a fix for this?

Which services?

Couple of us had an issue with page several pages back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brian017

MMS’s are coming up as not delivered when trying to send one on my iPhone. Here are the settings I have

APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 10.1.11.19:8080

What am I doing wrong?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Brian017 wrote: »
    MMS’s are coming up as not delivered when trying to send one on my iPhone. Here are the settings I have

APN: 48months.telecom.com
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 10.1.11.19:8080

What am I doing wrong?
    Do you have credit on your account? MMSs are not included in the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brian017

Quackster wrote: »
    Do you have credit on your account? MMSs are not included in the plan.

Yeah, I have credit so that's not the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

When is the deadline for the 7.99 deal with48.ie.

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    When is the deadline for the 7.99 deal with48.ie.

Thanks guys

Extended till 1st February

A friend asked me do 48 charge for calls to the uk. I suggested he use whatsapp to call a relative there ( in his phone book on his smartphone which until now was reluctant to use) but when he sent her a link to his whatsapp by old fashioned sms text message she didnt get it and he doesnt know how to link his whatsapp with hers.

Calls and texts to the UK are not included in your 48 membership plan so they will be charged, or if you have no credit they won't send.

He can call his relative through WhatsApp by simply selecting her in the app (provided she is on WhatsApp of course).

Was he receiving all your other sms? Did it possibly try send as an mms? Is he set up to receive mms? What phone has he got?

If you have a Samsung I've seen their default sms app have problems texting international numbers. I prefer using the Google Messages app and never had this issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Has anyone on 48 found that the RTE player is blocked when tethering? Have tried opening it on a laptop but all I get is a black page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭gussieg

no havent found a problem with rte player while tethering.occasionally there is a dip in signal altogether and too many ads on the player , but apart from that , seems to work ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ah right cheers, not sure why it is not working for me so. Have gone to the website a few times this weekend while tethered and all I get is a black page that wont load fully. Also I thought the Player would have an app in the Play store but Im not seeing anything official there.

Advertisement