Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Just activated another SIM.

Seems you only need to activate the SIM using the activation code before Feb 1st to get the €7.99 deal. No need to actually buy a membership. Correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭DopeTech

gooner99 wrote: »
    Just activated another SIM.

Seems you only need to activate the SIM using the activation code before Feb 1st to get the €7.99 deal. No need to actually buy a membership. Correct?

No you need to buy the membership at least once before Monday is how I understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

DopeTech wrote: »
    No you need to buy the membership at least once before Monday is how I understand it.

I changed over one phone during the week an ordered another sim card, but it has not arrived yet, so looks like I have missed the deadline.
    Any idea what happens with this deal after Monday.

mgn wrote: »
    I changed over one phone during the week an ordered another sim card, but it has not arrived yet, so looks like I have missed the deadline.
    Any idea what happens with this deal after Monday.

My guess is that the price will go up to €11.99 or €12.99 but that's just a total guess based on their competition. If you ordered and receive the sim next week you could try contacting support via the live chat and ask them to see if they can put you on the €7.99 plan but whether they do or not is another thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

have a 48 sim for my ipad for a few months now. I referred a friend the 3rd of Jan and got the confirmation email saying we'd credited your account but it was never credited. I mailed them and said hey can ye check this out and they said allow 7-10 working days. I've been onto them twice since asking what the story is out of principle and they still haven't sorted it and said wait another 7-10 working days.

I wanted to refer a spare phone I had and port in the number from Vodafone that I use for done deal etc. They took over the number on Thursday and shut off my Vodafone phone but now the website says port in in progress so I cannot buy a membership. Been onto them twice since and they still haven't gotten it sorted. My 087 number is on 48, rings on 48 but I cannot top up as they say the number isn't with them. The Vodafone phone is shut off and but I cannot do anything further. Their support is beyond useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I started activating a new sim about an hour ago and it’s still activating. Worried now I won’t be able to purchase before midnight. Anybody know how long it takes to activate usually?!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

I started activating a new sim about an hour ago and it’s still activating. Worried now I won’t be able to purchase before midnight. Anybody know how long it takes to activate usually?!

Your outside porting times. I think it's 10am- 4pm on Sunday. Your number won't port until after 9am tomorrow. The fact you started the port today might count and you'll get the deal.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I asked an agent on Friday if the deal was being extended beyond the 1st, there response was “ I guess you’ll have to wait till Monday to find out ;););) but obviously we can’t comment on anything before then”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭sk8board

Ported 3 of the 4 phones in our house to this deal last week and they’re working great. I’d never use 100gb in 30 days, a s I work from home, so I can fold it to the other 2 sims if they need a month end too up, which is a great idea.
    The total for all 3 sims used to be €66 pm on Vodafone sim only, and has dropped to €24!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pat the builder

Hi all , just looking for some advice, I’m thinking of joining 48 ( prior to midnight) but I read that there are some issues utilising the Ulster bank app ( or perhaps I misread it ) , if someone could advise I would appreciate it , many thanks , Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Your outside porting times. I think it's 10am- 4pm on Sunday. Your number won't port until after 9am tomorrow. The fact you started the port today might count and you'll get the deal.

In not trying to port. Just selected to set up with new number. Probably goes through an activation process

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭lolie

Would tomorrow be the last day to activate the 7.99 membership and not today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

lolie wrote: »
    Would tomorrow be the last day to activate the 7.99 membership and not today?

The Terms and Conditions say between but don't say both dates inclusive.

This 100GB membership is only available to new 48 customers who activate their 48 SIM (by inputting activation code found on your sim packaging via the link activate and purchase a 100GB membership between the 8th September 2020 and the 1st February 2021 (Offer Period).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭lolie

The Terms and Conditions say between but don't say both dates inclusive.

This 100GB membership is only available to new 48 customers who activate their 48 SIM (by inputting activation code found on your sim packaging via the link activate and purchase a 100GB membership between the 8th September 2020 and the 1st February 2021 (Offer Period).

A family member signed up and is awaiting the sim in the post so i'm wondering if it lands tomorrow will she still get the deal.
    Just have to wait and see i suppose

It looks like today must be the last day to lock in the €7.99 per month. Still on the website so I guess the website will update this evening or tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I switched to 48 about 5 days ago. I have missed 3 texts so far. texts coming in an hour or 2 after they were sent. is this normal being on the 3 network?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Does anyone know if 48 still have webchat available?
    There's no button for my webchat on my App atm.

Has any one not been receiving calls over the last 2 weeks?

I have not received some calls but it might be because I am using Second Space on my Xiaomi phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Registered a new SIM Today and was still able to avail of the €7.99 deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Timecheck: 01:35am on Tuesday 2nd February 2021

48.ie website is currently... Down for Maintenance!

Below is message displayed

Be

right

back

The site's getting some tweaks to make it better.

We'll be back soon, but if you need some help right now (or you just miss us), check out the 48 community.

Somehow I would doubt the recent 7.99EUR offer will be further extended.

€10.99 is the new permanent price.

• Advertisement

7.99 or 10.99, it wouldnt matter if it was 1.99 a month, I think I have made a big mistake joining them. getting texts an hour after they are sent is not good if you are trying to run a business. you get what you pay for.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    7.99 or 10.99, it wouldnt matter if it was 1.99 a month, I think I have made a big mistake joining them. getting texts an hour after they are sent is not good if you are trying to run a business. you get what you pay for.

I’d hardly call €7.99 a “huge mistake”, there’s nothing stopping you leaving, you do know that right? It’s clear many have moved to 48 without any issues. I’m not with them but I moved my wife and daughter to them back in October and they’ve have no issue at all, the same as myself and my two sons have no issues with Gomo’s €9.99 original offering.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I’d hardly call €7.99 a “huge mistake”, there’s nothing stopping you leaving, you do know that right? It’s clear many have moved to 48 without any issues. I’m not with them but I moved my wife and daughter to them back in October and they’ve have no issue at all, the same as myself and my two sons have no issues with Gomo’s €9.99 original offering.

its a mistake because its costing me business at the moment. you pay for what you get I suppose. I will be leaving 48.

I was with 3 years ago and I forgot that they arent reliable. im moving back to eir, never had a problem with them in the few years I was with them.

its a mistake because its costing me business at the moment. you pay for what you get I suppose. I will be leaving 48.

Wouldn’t have much sympathy for someone who solely depends on their phone to run a business moving to a plan that offer zero support to be honest

Wouldn’t have much sympathy for someone who solely depends on their phone to run a business moving to a plan that offer zero support to be honest

I didnt need support because thats how reliable eir are to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Did you get on to them? When I changed over first, I wasn't getting some messages - contacted them through the online chat, and they got me to change some settings on my phone (don't ask me what, I just did what I was told!) and it sorted it. The whole process only took 5 minutes.

I use mine for business - was with Vodafone for years, and as far as I remember, I never contacted their support number, so I was effectively paying over €30 a month for a service I never used.

RandRuns wrote: »
    Did you get on to them? When I changed over first, I wasn't getting some messages - contacted them through the online chat, and they got me to change some settings on my phone (don't ask me what, I just did what I was told!) and it sorted it. The whole process only took 5 minutes.

yes I did, and made the changes they said to. they were blaming the senders phones as well. its not the best getting late texts on a personal phone but getting them on a business phone especially in these times isn't good at all.

yes I did, and made the changes they said to. they were blaming the senders phones as well. its not the best getting late texts on a personal phone but getting them on a business phone especially in these times isn't good at all.

The other solution, suggested by my son who is more adept as these things than I am, is to download signal, and make that your default mesaging app. Apparently this means that any text messages you are sent comes in to that app, and that solves the problem.

• Advertisement

RandRuns wrote: »
    I use mine for business - was with Vodafone for years, and as far as I remember, I never contacted their support number, so I was effectively paying over €30 a month for a service I never used.

This is good to hear, so I assume you are happy with how 48 is going for you, it just shows that it’s not all bad for everyone which is my point. If I was in business and dependant on my phone, I’d have taken out a membership for a month or two in advance to see how the network is before I ported over any business numbers, that’s just me though.

Advertisement