Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Phil69

jdon72 wrote: »
    You can get 3Gb for free by exchanging minutes for data but other than that, I don't know

Thanks, did not know you could exchange minutes for GB, that is good to know.

In the end tried their support and Chat, I was surprised to get through to chat pretty much instantly and the customer service guy explained that I could request to activate new cycle early via chat (they have to do it for you) but it can take up to 3-5 days but still better than waiting another 10 days.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Phil69 wrote: »
    I just got a message to say my membership has ran out after 19 days but it not due for renewal for another 11 days.

Is it it possible to renew early? If not, is that right that it is 3 euros for only 1GB add on? Is there a cheaper way to get more GB? I use 3-4 GB per day so if that is correct it is going to cost me another 100 euros in add ons before it renews again.

Thanks

Ran out how? I'm with gomo for a year and it's ALWAYS ALWAYS €9.99 a month no matter what I use or how many calls I make.

Edit... Oops this is the 48 thread d'oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,621 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Delete.
    Thought it was still €7.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AgnesTruluv

I'm thinking of trying 48.

I have an old mobile that was 087, the number I had was reassigned, afaik. Would I still have to get that phone unlocked by Vodafone, in order to use the 48 sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,652 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I have an old mobile that was 087, the number I had was reassigned, afaik. Would I still have to get that phone unlocked by Vodafone, in order to use the 48 sim?

Depends on your contract with Vodafone. Check with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Only way to know for sure is to put a non VF SIM in to see if phone asks for network unlock code.

VF have criteria for unlocking PAYG phones, you need an active VF SIM with 127 top up in last 12 months to get the unlock code.

Other option is to search eBay for an unlock code, price varies depending on the handset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Hmob

Hi , I've 2 days left on the current membership and next month paid in advance

I just swapped.minutes for 3gb data but.im not clear.how it.works.
    Does this take minutes off the 2 days I've left and how many times can you swop?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bronkobilly

just ported from 48 to three network for me its better for all than u eat data for working netflix etc i know its 9 euro dearer but at least there s not limit on the data i use three to three calls 60 minutes any network calls and unlimited texts for 20 euro a month happy days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Hi , I've 2 days left on the current membership and next month paid in advance

I just swapped.minutes for 3gb data but.im not clear.how it.works.
    Does this take minutes off the 2 days I've left and how many times can you swop?
    Thanks

It takes 300 minutes off 10,000 so there's still 9,700 minutes left (minus usage so far).

Max swap is 3GB, if more than 300 minutes swap is attempted, it'll just say 'no'.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭HorseSea

I wish 48 would not text me at 2am to tell me that membership will renew on x date and then again at 2am to tell me membership kicks in. ARGH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

HorseSea wrote: »
    I wish 48 would not text me at 2am to tell me that membership will renew on x date and then again at 2am to tell me membership kicks in. ARGH

If you have a smartphone look for the DND (Do Not Disturb) setting, which allows you to turn off notifications at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Engage flight mode just before you go to sleep. Does wonders for the battery usage overnight, also.

If you have a smartphone look for the DND (Do Not Disturb) setting, which allows you to turn off notifications at night.

I need my phone at night, but I don't need my phone service issuing updates in the middle of the night. Just plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I need my phone at night, but I don't need my phone service issuing updates in the middle of the night. Just plain stupid.

On Android: https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000287648-How-to-Disable-or-Enable-Notifications-for-a-Specific-Contact-Using-Android-Messages

That's how all asynchronous communications work - email, text messaging. They send out the message at the time that suits them. You read it at a time that suits you. I don't get people who object to messages being sent at what seems like anti-social hours to them. It's really up to you to mute or DND as required.

That's how all asynchronous communications work - email, text messaging. They send out the message at the time that suits them. You read it at a time that suits you. I don't get people who object to messages being sent at what seems like anti-social hours to them. It's really up to you to mute or DND as required.

Disagree entirely, they are operating in ROI so why issue SMS at 2am - what's wrong with normal times. I need my phone on for emergencies and should not have to DND or Flightmode because some lazy a***hole can't schedule messages. Anyway, I don't need a message to tell me what I signed up to is going to renew, thankfully everything else I pay for does not send useless messages and even more useless messages telling me that they did what they said in the first message. FFS, it's crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I don't get any texts from them. I don't have auto renew on as I'm using queued memberships. Maybe that's a way around it. Queue up a few months at a go if it bothers you that much.

Disagree entirely, they are operating in ROI so why issue SMS at 2am - what's wrong with normal times. I need my phone on for emergencies and should not have to DND or Flightmode because some lazy a***hole can't schedule messages. Anyway, I don't need a message to tell me what I signed up to is going to renew, thankfully everything else I pay for does not send useless messages and even more useless messages telling me that they did what they said in the first message. FFS, it's crazy.

Do you not have a 'mute notification' option in your messaging app to mute any particular sender?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Dunno if it helps, but my phone is set at night so that it will only ring or text if one of a specific list of people contact me. If you're not one of that list, the phone stays silent. Means that my phone will ring if the wife, kids, or vital work call comes in, but not if Sathvik rings me at 3am to offer me a really good deal on web hosting. I don't even have to do anything, it automatically switches on at 8pm every evening, and off again at 7am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Hmob

RandRuns wrote: »
    Dunno if it helps, but my phone is set at night so that it will only ring or text if one of a specific list of people contact me. If you're not one of that list, the phone stays silent. Means that my phone will ring if the wife, kids, or vital work call comes in, but not if Sathvik rings me at 3am to offer me a really good deal on web hosting. I don't even have to do anything, it automatically switches on at 8pm every evening, and off again at 7am.

I just leave it on

If you have kids and they're not living with you or they're out , you just never know who's going to call in an emergency

Doesn't apply to everyone I appreciate that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Hmob wrote: »
    I just leave it on

If you have kids and they're not living with you or they're out , you just never know who's going to call in an emergency

Doesn't apply to everyone I appreciate that

Just mute texts by 48 then, not that difficult. I got my text in the middle of the day so I’m guessing the first time you topped up was late at night, or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

jdon72 wrote: »
    Just mute texts by 48 then, not that difficult. I got my text in the middle of the day so I’m guessing the first time you topped up was late at night, or something

Mine always come at 2:01 and I'm fairly sure I didn't original top up then.

I usually have my phone on silent but it's still daft scheduling texts for 2am. Some other provider used to do it far more frequently at a time when muting my phone wasn't an option, I ended up leaving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

I am not getting great speeds with 48 using my free 1 gb.

Do you need good speeds for Zoom?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭shnaek

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Any advance payment will be refunded pro rata depending on the date of porting and any out of plan usage from 13th to the port date will be billed.

Try out the 48 SIM for a few days before porting.

Does anyone know if on Three billpay you pay in advance, or after the month? I didn't get refunded at all, just billed for the full period so I wanted to get my facts straight before I contact Three about it (I can't access my account any more to check my bills). Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    I am not getting great speeds with 48 using my free 1 gb.

Do you need good speeds for Zoom?

Think you have to pay for membership to get 4g. Could be wrong on this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ordered sim on Wednesday, arrived today. Ported and working within a half hour, really easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭beachhead

Do you not have a 'mute notification' option in your messaging app to mute any particular sender?

They are not sending SMS from the ROI.They are coming from India.After midnight here is when the call centres there open for business.

shnaek wrote: »
    Does anyone know if on Three billpay you pay in advance, or after the month? I didn't get refunded at all, just billed for the full period so I wanted to get my facts straight before I contact Three about it (I can't access my account any more to check my bills). Cheers.

You pay in advance with any extra spend taken at the same time.A refund is normally automatic with other networks but who knows with Three

MOH wrote: »
    Mine always come at 2:01 and I'm fairly sure I didn't original top up then.

I usually have my phone on silent but it's still daft scheduling texts for 2am. Some other provider used to do it far more frequently at a time when muting my phone wasn't an option, I ended up leaving them.

The majority of companies in the IT field begin data dumps,upgrades,etc after midnight.Supposedly traffic is low then with low costs hence your SMS

• Advertisement

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    have a 48 sim for my ipad for a few months now. I referred a friend the 3rd of Jan and got the confirmation email saying we'd credited your account but it was never credited. I mailed them and said hey can ye check this out and they said allow 7-10 working days. I've been onto them twice since asking what the story is out of principle and they still haven't sorted it and said wait another 7-10 working days.

I wanted to refer a spare phone I had and port in the number from Vodafone that I use for done deal etc. They took over the number on Thursday and shut off my Vodafone phone but now the website says port in in progress so I cannot buy a membership. Been onto them twice since and they still haven't gotten it sorted. My 087 number is on 48, rings on 48 but I cannot top up as they say the number isn't with them. The Vodafone phone is shut off and but I cannot do anything further. Their support is beyond useless.
    You should contact ComReg the y will tell what to do in their email reply.Then email complaints@48months.zendesk.com 48 respond very quickly when mention of ComReg appears in an email

Advertisement