Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When can we fly to Spain.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Fann Linn wrote: »
    According to Morning Ireland today we're signed up and should be ready to go by 19 July.
    It will document vaccine and no. obtained.
    Any PCR tests and when someone last caught Covid.

As no vaccines are available for children over 6 at present it looks as if these kids will require a clear PCR test.

Looks like the EU has rowed back on that ...

The original EU proposal at the beginning of May was that
    Children who are excluded from vaccination should be able to travel with their vaccinated parents if they have a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken at the earliest 72 hours before arrival area. In these cases, Member States could require additional testing after arrival.

That appears to have changed as of yesterday ...
    To ensure family unity, minors travelling with parents should be exempted from quarantine when the parents do not need to undergo quarantine, for example due to vaccination. Children under 6 should also be exempted from travel-related testing

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_21_2782

What that seems to indicate is that a child under 6 with Covid would permitted to travel where parent(s) are vaccinated ...

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

I have being told that we can get the DGP cert a week after the second vaccine.

I have also being told that anyone who got the Astra vaccine can have the DGP cert 4 weeks after the first jab.

A week after full vaccination .... that's the info I can't find anywhere. Thanks

Have flight booked but I'll be cutting it very fine. Probably will need a PCR to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

A week after full vaccination .... that's the info I can't find anywhere. Thanks

Have flight booked but I'll be cutting it very fine. Probably will need a PCR to go.

For me the Government are handling this very bad.
    Give us a date July 19 and that's it.
    We can track UK and Spain but not know what's happening here.
    They should be working with us to get us on-side.

I think that's part of the reason people go a bit crazy when things open up.
    They should be telling us, we're all in this together instead of drip drip July 19...

end of rant

Give us a date July 19 and that's it..............

What else do you need to know?

Augeo wrote: »
    What else do you need to know?

you mean you know more than July 19...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

gozunda wrote: »
    Looks like the EU has rowed back on that ...

The original EU proposal at the beginning of May was that

That appears to have changed as of yesterday ...

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_21_2782

What that seems to indicate is that a child under 6 with Covid would permitted to travel where parent(s) are vaccinated ...

I don't think so, anyone with covid still legally obliged to self isolate, no?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Give us a date July 19 and that's it.
    We can track UK and Spain but not know what's happening here.
    They should be working with us to get us on-side.

I think that's part of the reason people go a bit crazy when things open up.
    They should be telling us, we're all in this together instead of drip drip July 19...

end of rant

the government dont want anyone travelling abroad to enjoy themselves and see how other countries have been open for months so by drip feeding limited information you might then choose to stay in Ireland and be ripped off while enjoying poxy weather

Remember a few weeks back they were saying no travel till august at the earliest (just before the kids return to school) but then the EU came along and scuppered that plan

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

Asking for a friend.

Family *thinking* of travelling to Spain in August. Both adults fully vaccinated.

3 kids under 18.

An i right in saying it will be 89e (per person) to get the pcr test before flying? 89e x5 = 450e

And is the PCR test needed upon returning into ireland? After two weeks holiday. That will be another 450e ?

Thanks in advance ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Asking for a friend.

Family *thinking* of travelling to Spain in August. Both adults fully vaccinated.

3 kids under 18.

An i right in saying it will be 89e (per person) to get the pcr test before flying? 89e x5 = 450e

And is the PCR test needed upon returning into ireland? After two weeks holiday. That will be another 450e ?

Thanks in advance ^_^

I've booked for 2 weeks in Spain in August also. Myself and husband will be vaccinated. Kids 6 & 12 not. So it looks like the kids will need 2 Antigen tests going out (haven't seen Spain saying PCR only) and on the way back only the 12yo will need a PCR cause Ireland says under 7's don't need to be tested but the DCC requires age 6 and up....clear as mud, lol

2 * Antigen = 50 - 100 depending on provider, but head of Knock Airport was on the radio yesterday and said that there was plans for more pharmacies to get into the testing side of things so the price should come down. (Finger's crossed)

1 * PCR - 89 from what I can see online.

2 weeks in the sun = priceless ;)

Edit: Fully vaccinated will not require PCR tests as per DCC

• Advertisement

From 19th July the vaccinated won't require PCR tests........ I've no idea about the kids tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

From 19th July the vaccinated won't require PCR tests........ I've no idea about the kids tbh.

Ah okay good to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭ax530

we are booked for August with children thanks @Skippette for summary above I had not realised the Antigen would work for arrival in Spain and have a 6 year old also great help if does not need PCR on return but we are flying from Dublin so guess could get caught out.
    my concerns are around restrictions once we get there, will there be evening entertainment in the hotel, will buffet dinners be allowed, children wearing masks on beach and pool bookings would put me off going.
    another story altogether then if one of the children tests positive when we over there extra 2-3 weeks accommodation would be expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

ax530 wrote: »
    we are booked for August with children thanks @Skippette for summary above I had not realised the Antigen would work for arrival in Spain and have a 6-year-old also great help if does not need PCR on return but we are flying from Dublin so guess could get caught out.
    my concerns are around restrictions once we get there, will there be evening entertainment in the hotel, will buffet dinners be allowed, children wearing masks on beach and pool bookings would put me off going.
    another story altogether then if one of the children tests positive when we over there extra 2-3 weeks accommodation would be expensive

As a regular of the 2 weeks in the Sun with my Family of 5 . There is simply too much uncertainty, I am giving it a miss this year again, Booked 1st week n November to Miami with Mrs , If that comes off great if not who cares.

we are booked for August with children thanks @Skippette for summary above I had not realised the Antigen would work for arrival in Spain and have a 6 year old also great help if does not need PCR on return but we are flying from Dublin so guess could get caught out.

Well, that's the story so far! But I'm keeping a close eye on what they say closer to the time, could be that no one will need tests (like the UK currently) or both will need PCR (hopefully not!!!)

Currently, everyone has to wear masks when walking about. Personally I understand if I was in a busy area like an outdoor shopping mall but if everyone is minding their personal space it will be a pain. AFAIK, they are reviewing the outdoor mask situation over the coming weeks, so hopefully it'll be lifted by the time we head off. Currently, walking to your space at the beach/pool you were them, but once settled or going into the pool you don't.

Haven't a clue what the craic is with entertainment or buffets.

Now, thanks for the reminder, better look into some travel insurance, in case (touch wood) someone tests positive. Recommendations appreciated - don't have private health cover

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gallmatt

Travelling to Malaga Via Belfast next week, has anyone had to show negative PCR to fly with Irish passport. Thanks

• Advertisement

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements

you will not need any testing i am thinking.
    We are currently on the list of "risk countries" but i expect that will change when we get the Covid Passport....

Skippette wrote: »
    Well, that's the story so far! But I'm keeping a close eye on what they say closer to the time, could be that no one will need tests (like the UK currently) or both will need PCR (hopefully not!!!)

Currently, everyone has to wear masks when walking about. Personally I understand if I was in a busy area like an outdoor shopping mall but if everyone is minding their personal space it will be a pain. AFAIK, they are reviewing the outdoor mask situation over the coming weeks, so hopefully it'll be lifted by the time we head off. Currently, walking to your space at the beach/pool you were them, but once settled or going into the pool you don't.

Haven't a clue what the craic is with entertainment or buffets.

Now, thanks for the reminder, better look into some travel insurance, in case (touch wood) someone tests positive. Recommendations appreciated - don't have private health cover

It's been that way since last June and is now managed by the individual autonomous communities. I wouldn't be clinging too much to the idea that it'll be gone, and certainly not nationwide, come August time. Galicia looks like it might be the first to stop the enforcement of it but I doubt that's where many of you plan to go.

At buffets etc, when getting up from your table to go and get more food, or when going to pay in restaurants etc, you will have to put on your mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭naufragos123

gallmatt wrote: »
    Travelling to Malaga Via Belfast next week, has anyone had to show negative PCR to fly with Irish passport. Thanks

Travelling to Alicante via Cork next week [have a valid reason] but am a bit nervous the flight may get cancelled since the 2k fine was extended.

@gallmatt, did you book from Belfast from the start?

Did anybody change to fly from Belfast as a result of the fine extension?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gallmatt

Travelling to Alicante via Cork next week [have a valid reason] but am a bit nervous the flight may get cancelled since the 2k fine was extended.

@gallmatt, did you book from Belfast from the start?

Did anybody change to fly from Belfast as a result of the fine extension?

I had Dublin-Tenerife originally I think but I changed because of the fine, think its better off just getting PCR done

It's been that way since last June and is now managed by the individual autonomous communities. I wouldn't be clinging too much to the idea that it'll be gone, and certainly not nationwide, come August time. Galicia looks like it might be the first to stop the enforcement of it but I doubt that's where many of you plan to go.

At buffets etc, when getting up from your table to go and get more food, or when going to pay in restaurants etc, you will have to put on your mask.

Spain only closed its borders to us on Jan 15 as i traveled a few times.
    We are now in the position it is completely open to the UK since May 24 but closed to the rest of Europe....

• Advertisement

We are now in the position it is completely open to the UK since May 24 but closed to the rest of Europe....

What's that got to do with mask wearing?

How do you mean "closed to the rest of Europe?"

How do you mean "closed to the rest of Europe?"

I should have said we need the PCR test...

I should have said we need the PCR test...

Thanks for clarifying. You gave me a bit of a fright.:)

gallmatt wrote: »

I assume you going from BHD.
    I cannot answer your question but will say what i would do.
    Normally we can access board pass 48 hrs before with O'Leary air but we can buy for a few €€€ anytime, at this stage we are advised of what is required to travel.

I expect if it is not flagged at this time you will be ok as everything at Malaga is on an app.
    The passport control is first and is separate from the Covid app check later.
    The UK passport says on front page Britain and Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

There is a company at Málaga airport doing PCR tests. Anyone know where abouts at the airport this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Fully vaccinated i'd add and you must wait 7 days until after fully vaccinated.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    There is a company at Málaga airport doing PCR tests. Anyone know where abouts at the airport this is?

http://www.surinenglish.com/travel/202103/18/coronavirus-test-centre-opens-20210318101228.html

https://travelcovidtestcenter.com/malaga-booking/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

TefalBrain wrote: »
    Fully vaccinated i'd add and you must wait 7 days until after fully vaccinated.

14 days after Moderna ;) 7 after Pfizer and J&J, 28 days after first AZ jab

Caranica wrote: »

you forgot to mention July 19....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

So , getting very confused with all the threads. I've two weeks off work end if july. I have accommodation in spain if I want it. Fly 20th july. I'll be fully vaccinated with Pfizer.

If they " handbrake" is applied to spain while I'm there and I'm fully vaccinated what happens ?

Also do I still need to fill out all the location forms etc for spain or is the digital cert on my phone enough?

dashoonage wrote: »
    So , getting very confused with all the threads. I've two weeks off work end if july. I have accommodation in spain if I want it. Fly 20th july. I'll be fully vaccinated with Pfizer.

If they " handbrake" is applied to spain while I'm there and I'm fully vaccinated what happens ?

Also do I still need to fill out all the location forms etc for spain or is the digital cert on my phone enough?

I expect if the "handbrake" is put on Spain we will have to present a negative PCR test to return, this is happening at the moment as passengers from UK that went to Portugal have to have a negative test from 4am tomorrow and this was changed just a few days ago.

I expect the passenger locator will stay for now, its pretty straight-forward for Spain and you will be advised when booking, its basically the same as a boarding pass which can be scanned, returning same and we present at same time as passport...

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

I assume you going from BHD.
    I cannot answer your question but will say what i would do.
    Normally we can access board pass 48 hrs before with O'Leary air but we can buy for a few €€€ anytime, at this stage we are advised of what is required to travel.

I expect if it is not flagged at this time you will be ok as everything at Malaga is on an app.
    The passport control is first and is separate from the Covid app check later.
    The UK passport says on front page Britain and Ireland.

What happens if u have a Rep of Ireland passport, and you want to fly out from Belfast (the UK) to Spain? Spanish gov allows ppl to fly to Spain from the UK without needing a test. Maybe the passport check in Spain will fine a person because their passport says Rep of Ireland and NOT the UK, if they don't have proof of a negative test. Maybe I am showing my ignorance here on this lol

What happens if u have a Rep of Ireland passport, and you want to fly out from Belfast (the UK) to Spain? Spanish gov allows ppl to fly to Spain from the UK without needing a test. Maybe the passport check in Spain will fine a person because their passport says Rep of Ireland and NOT the UK, if they don't have proof of a negative test. Maybe I am showing my ignorance here on this lol

You have to declare the ultimate origin of your journey.

Entry to Spain

From 24 May, entry restrictions and testing requirements for arrivals from the UK to Spain no longer apply. However, if they have travelled to a country on Spain’s list of ‘risk countries’ in the 14 days prior to travel, travellers from the UK should be prepared to present evidence either of a negative test, of being fully vaccinated or of having had and recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months. In some parts of Spain, the same evidence is required when checking into tourist accommodation or when travelling to the islands from mainland Spain. See Testing requirements for arrivals from the UK for further information.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Caranica wrote: »

So am I fully vaccinated with just one AZ jab?

dashoonage wrote: »

If they " handbrake" is applied to spain while I'm there and I'm fully vaccinated what happens ? ..........

If you're fully vaccinated my guess is nothing essentially.
    You'll have an app that details you are fully vaccinated.

For folk that aren't vaccinated a PCR test would likely be required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

I have copied this from Ryanair website
    .SPAIN
    Travel documentation: click here.
    C-19 Test Centres: For information click here.
    Passengers must only present using the electronic PLF/QR code generated through this link or from the SpTH mobile app
    If you need a negative C-19 test to enter a country, you should use a private test provider. The UK NHS Test and Trace service cannot provide the documents you need.
    From 7th June 2021 New Entry Restrictions: Passengers who come from a high risk country, must present a certificate/document certifying vaccination, diagnostic test of active infection of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus or a document certifying you have recovered COVID-19 to enter Spain. Children under 6 years of age are not required to present these documents. You can check the countries/areas that are considered of risk on the following link RISK COUNTRIES/AREAS, the supporting certificates/documents are listed below:
    o A Vaccination certificate: Confirming that the holder has received a vaccine against COVID-19 (vaccination certificate). It will be accepted as valid vaccination from 14 days after the date of administration of the last dose of the complete vaccination regimen. The accepted vaccines will be those authorized by the European Medicines Agency or those that have completed the emergency use process of the World Health Organization
    o A diagnostic test [NAAT (nucleic acid amplification test, e.g., RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA) /RAT (rapid antigen test)] performed within 48 hours upon arrival and the result was negative.
    o Certificate confirming that the holder has recovered from COVID-19 (recovery certificate). The validity of the certificate will end 180 days from the date the sample is taken.
    o The certificates must be written in Spanish, English, French or German. If it is not possible to obtain it in these languages, the correspondent document must be accompanied by a translation into Spanish made by an official body.
    o NON-EU CERTIFICATE, THIRD COUNTRIES: this is any of the supporting documents listed above, but issued by non-EU countries, in a format readable by airport health control staff.
    At this time non-exempt third country nationals are not permitted to travel to Spain, except for exceptional reasons as detailed here with corresponding supporting documentation.
    For Spanish domestic passengers travelling to the Balearic Islands please check all information on this link. For domestic travelling to the Canary Islands please click here.
    From 24th May, travellers from UK can freely enter Spain for non-essential purposes and stay in Spain without a visa for a maximum period of 90 days within 6 months. Travelers Will NOT need to present negative COVID-19 test certificate, as long as they have remained in the UK in the last 14 days. It is mandatory for all residents in the UK travelling to Spain (including children of all ages) to fill in a Health Control Form (FCS). You can download the form here. For further info click here.

• Advertisement

Has anyone looked into the Passenger Locator Form for families?

2 kids under 18, are they required to fill in the locator form separately or is there a group application? Anyone have any experience of this?

I'm not going till August, so I'll be keeping an eye on developments but just wondering if anyone with families travelled already?

thanks

Has anyone looked into the Passenger Locator Form for families?

2 kids under 18, are they required to fill in the locator form separately or is there a group application? Anyone have any experience of this?

I'm not going till August, so I'll be keeping an eye on developments but just wondering if anyone with families travelled already?

thanks

I'm in the process of filling mine out now, a group /family form. There are just two of us. It seems straightforward enough. Name, DOB, passport number, date of travel, flight number, seat on the plane, home address and address where you'll be staying. The last part can't be filled in until 48 hours before flying and that's presumably when you'll have your test result. Antigen is accepted now for Spain so we are booking an antigen at the airport. We're flying this week. You get emailed a code which takes you to complete the form. I'll have to finish completing it from my phone at the airport so I hope I don't have any hassle. Would far rather have all that done and sorted before leaving the house but I guess this is the new normal.

I'm in the process of filling mine out now, a group /family form. There are just two of us. It seems straightforward enough. Name, DOB, passport number, date of travel, flight number, seat on the plane, home address and address where you'll be staying. The last part can't be filled in until 48 hours before flying and that's presumably when you'll have your test result. Antigen is accepted now for Spain so we are booking an antigen at the airport. We're flying this week. You get emailed a code which takes you to complete the form. I'll have to finish completing it from my phone at the airport so I hope I don't have any hassle. Would far rather have all that done and sorted before leaving the house but I guess this is the new normal.

Wonder how it'll work for people that are fully vaccinated, they won't have a code from the test to put in? We'll have a mixture of 2 adults vaccinated and 2 kids with Antigen tests. Ah sure I've another few weeks to figure it out!

Enjoy the break away!!

Wonder how it'll work for people that are fully vaccinated, they won't have a code from the test to put in? We'll have a mixture of 2 adults vaccinated and 2 kids with Antigen tests. Ah sure I've another few weeks to figure it out!

Enjoy the break away!!

Thanks Skippette. One of us is actually fully vaccinated however we've decided we don't want to take the chance of travelling with the little HSE card hence we're opting for the test. At least that way we have something official which I think is very important as the Spanish are sticklers for red tape. By the time you travel thing should have evolved.

Thanks Skippette. One of us is actually fully vaccinated however we've decided we don't want to take the chance of travelling with the little HSE card hence we're opting for the test..............

You're going in August?
    You'll have the QR code confirming vaccination by then.
    The HSE card is effectively meaningless for travel and anything else tbh, it was mainly to detail when your second appointment was (by design but wasn't used for that in many cases) ..... so it's just a record of what vaccine & batch you received and when

I was planning on doing the same as you and googled easytest.ie they have a list of places that do the Antigen test and found a pharmacy near me that are cheaper and handier, so getting it done there the day before I go

• Advertisement

You're going in August?
    You'll have the QR code confirming vaccination by then.
    The HSE card is effectively meaningless for travel and anything else tbh, it was mainly to detail when your second appointment was (by design but wasn't used for that in many cases) ..... so it's just a record of what vaccine & batch you received and when

No. I'm going this week,in June. Everything will be much clearer by August. It's not so clear now which is one of the big inconveniences of travelling now but needs must.

Have you made any enquiries as to having a test done before you return in Spain. I know it can be done at Malaga Airport but that woulkd not be convenient for me...

Have you made any enquiries as to having a test done before you return in Spain. I know it can be done at Malaga Airport but that woulkd not be convenient for me...

If you are going to apartments you could email them and ask who are doing pcr tests near you but I would say lots of GPS will do them

casio4 wrote: »
    If you are going to apartments you could email them and ask who are doing pcr tests near you but I would say lots of GPS will do them

I am going 100+km inland and the Spanish health system is mostly public where i am thinking of going so they will not do this test.
    I will do a bit of googling...

casio4 wrote: »
    I was planning on doing the same as you and googled easytest.ie they have a list of places that do the Antigen test and found a pharmacy near me that are cheaper and handier, so getting it done there the day before I go

I would so much prefer if I could do that and thanks for the link and the info. But when I checked it out there was nothing near where I live. So it has to be the airport on the day. So fingers crossed that it works out ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement