Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can we fly to Spain.

Options

Comments

kindalen wrote: »
    My parents were advised by GP not to laminate the cards, as booster shots might need be added in a few months.

The cards aren't considered proof of vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Augeo wrote: »
    The cards aren't considered proof of vaccination.

Reminds me of the J1 summer in Boston and all the 19/20 Yr olds trying to use Fake ID from home and it literally thrown back at them, Passport was the only form of ID taken from all the Bars there nobody under 21 even if they are not drinking is allowed in a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

kindalen wrote: »
    My parents were advised by GP not to laminate the cards, as booster shots might need be added in a few months.

There is nowhere on them to record any booster details.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kittytwister

Does that certificate from doctor re two vaccines received a month ago suffice and is it still necessary to get PCR TEST to head to Lanzarote. I’m confused.

Does that certificate from doctor re two vaccines received a month ago suffice and is it still necessary to get PCR TEST to head to Lanzarote. I’m confused.

It's not proof of vaccination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Their app works very well.
    Once the HSE pass on the data to them it'll be great if that is the option the HSE are going with.

I had assumed Government would need to set-up am app just for this.
    Once these people get the info it be straightforward...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I had assumed Government would need to set-up am app just for this.
    Once these people get the info it be straightforward...

If you paid attention to the coverage, an app has been trialled for months with 50 HSE staff. It exists.

Caranica wrote: »
    If you paid attention to the coverage, an app has been trialled for months with 50 HSE staff. It exists.

Where was this reported as i did not see...
    Another poster says it has being outsourced...
    I am sure you will let us all know...

Sunday business post a few weeks ago

Caranica wrote: »
    Sunday business post a few weeks ago

It was not announced a few weeks ago...

• Advertisement

It was in the works and in the SBP!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭scouserstation

Will antigen tests be accepted travelling into Spain does anybody know? Iv tried looking for this information online but seem to be getting mixed versions of what is required

Will antigen tests be accepted travelling into Spain does anybody know? Iv tried looking for this information online but seem to be getting mixed versions of what is required

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/FMfcgzGkXSdhFFtCzDKCfDJjZqjKWJfq

You seem unable to find anything on the internet to be honest.
    Are you not great with google etc?

When someone tells you where something was reported you then sh1te on about it not being announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

No not if travelling from here at the moment. Hopefully that will change in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

There loads online about these Digital Green Passports. But when can you get one?

How long after your second jab will you be issued a DGP?

There loads online about these Digital Green Passports. But when can you get one?..........

You'll have one in advance of the 19th July to facilitate non essential travel.

There loads online about these Digital Green Passports. But when can you get one?

How long after your second jab will you be issued a DGP?

I have being told that we can get the DGP cert a week after the second vaccine.

I have also being told that anyone who got the Astra vaccine can have the DGP cert 4 weeks after the first jab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Fann Linn wrote: »
    According to Morning Ireland today we're signed up and should be ready to go by 19 July.
    It will document vaccine and no. obtained.
    Any PCR tests and when someone last caught Covid.

As no vaccines are available for children over 6 at present it looks as if these kids will require a clear PCR test.

Looks like the EU has rowed back on that ...

The original EU proposal at the beginning of May was that
    Children who are excluded from vaccination should be able to travel with their vaccinated parents if they have a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken at the earliest 72 hours before arrival area. In these cases, Member States could require additional testing after arrival.

That appears to have changed as of yesterday ...
    To ensure family unity, minors travelling with parents should be exempted from quarantine when the parents do not need to undergo quarantine, for example due to vaccination. Children under 6 should also be exempted from travel-related testing

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_21_2782

What that seems to indicate is that a child under 6 with Covid would permitted to travel where parent(s) are vaccinated ...

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

I have being told that we can get the DGP cert a week after the second vaccine.

I have also being told that anyone who got the Astra vaccine can have the DGP cert 4 weeks after the first jab.

A week after full vaccination .... that's the info I can't find anywhere. Thanks

Have flight booked but I'll be cutting it very fine. Probably will need a PCR to go.

A week after full vaccination .... that's the info I can't find anywhere. Thanks

Have flight booked but I'll be cutting it very fine. Probably will need a PCR to go.

For me the Government are handling this very bad.
    Give us a date July 19 and that's it.
    We can track UK and Spain but not know what's happening here.
    They should be working with us to get us on-side.

I think that's part of the reason people go a bit crazy when things open up.
    They should be telling us, we're all in this together instead of drip drip July 19...

end of rant

Give us a date July 19 and that's it..............

What else do you need to know?

What else do you need to know?

you mean you know more than July 19...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

gozunda wrote: »
    Looks like the EU has rowed back on that ...

The original EU proposal at the beginning of May was that

That appears to have changed as of yesterday ...

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_21_2782

What that seems to indicate is that a child under 6 with Covid would permitted to travel where parent(s) are vaccinated ...

I don't think so, anyone with covid still legally obliged to self isolate, no?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

Give us a date July 19 and that's it.
    We can track UK and Spain but not know what's happening here.
    They should be working with us to get us on-side.

I think that's part of the reason people go a bit crazy when things open up.
    They should be telling us, we're all in this together instead of drip drip July 19...

end of rant

the government dont want anyone travelling abroad to enjoy themselves and see how other countries have been open for months so by drip feeding limited information you might then choose to stay in Ireland and be ripped off while enjoying poxy weather

Remember a few weeks back they were saying no travel till august at the earliest (just before the kids return to school) but then the EU came along and scuppered that plan

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

Asking for a friend.

Family *thinking* of travelling to Spain in August. Both adults fully vaccinated.

3 kids under 18.

An i right in saying it will be 89e (per person) to get the pcr test before flying? 89e x5 = 450e

And is the PCR test needed upon returning into ireland? After two weeks holiday. That will be another 450e ?

Thanks in advance ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Asking for a friend.

Family *thinking* of travelling to Spain in August. Both adults fully vaccinated.

3 kids under 18.

An i right in saying it will be 89e (per person) to get the pcr test before flying? 89e x5 = 450e

And is the PCR test needed upon returning into ireland? After two weeks holiday. That will be another 450e ?

Thanks in advance ^_^

I've booked for 2 weeks in Spain in August also. Myself and husband will be vaccinated. Kids 6 & 12 not. So it looks like the kids will need 2 Antigen tests going out (haven't seen Spain saying PCR only) and on the way back only the 12yo will need a PCR cause Ireland says under 7's don't need to be tested but the DCC requires age 6 and up....clear as mud, lol

2 * Antigen = 50 - 100 depending on provider, but head of Knock Airport was on the radio yesterday and said that there was plans for more pharmacies to get into the testing side of things so the price should come down. (Finger's crossed)

1 * PCR - 89 from what I can see online.

2 weeks in the sun = priceless ;)

Edit: Fully vaccinated will not require PCR tests as per DCC

• Advertisement

From 19th July the vaccinated won't require PCR tests........ I've no idea about the kids tbh.

Advertisement