Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can we fly to Spain.

Options

Comments

plastik90 wrote: »
    ................ but do the airlines accept the HSE text to board the flight?..............

Only the EU cert will be accepted.......... HSE text isn't part of that.

The walk in centres are not for travel testing........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Augeo wrote: »
    It's to be available on smartphones so likely an app I believe....... after entering some ID criteria (PPS was taken at time of vaccination) your status will be displayed in the QR code. Can also be printed I think.

Where did you get this info as this is what i have been asking and no-one seems to know....

There is no information available as to when this EU cert will be available.
    When and how can people get same i wonder....
    I am thinking we will may not be able to get these certs as the HSE has all the info locked away on the system...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I am thinking we will may not be able to get these certs as the HSE has all the info locked away on the system...

You are asking questions nobody on here can answer. You have to wait for further information to be released and there are zero indications when that will happen.

There is no information available as to when this EU cert will be available................

The 19th July
    It will be available by then to facilitate Irish folk going abroad.

• Advertisement

Where did you get this info as this is what i have been asking and no-one seems to know....

It's been in the media recently. Do you have a difficulty in learning to read or interpret words, letters, and other symbols btw?

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-people-will-be-able-to-travel-to-other-eu-member-states-from-july-19-1134584.html

Ireland will broadly implement the EU’s digital Covid certificate from July 19th, facilitating travel between EU member states, Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Iceland.

The digital Covid certificate will facilitate free movement in the EU for people who have been vaccinated or can provide a negative PCR test taken 72 hours prior to arrival.

The 19th July
    It will be available by then to facilitate Irish folk going abroad.

So you don't know...

So you don't know...

I do know, it'll be available by the 19th July.
    There you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Flights booked for mid August. Confident we'll get going!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

According to Morning Ireland today we're signed up and should be ready to go by 19 July.
    It will document vaccine and no. obtained.
    Any PCR tests and when someone last caught Covid.

As no vaccines are available for children over 6 at present it looks as if these kids will require a clear PCR test.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    According to Morning Ireland today we're signed up and should be ready to go by 19 July............

Indeed, The 27 member states want the EU Digital Covid Certificate, to be launched July 1....... Ireland will implement it from 19th July.

So it'll be available between the 01st and the 19th July.

I do know, it'll be available by the 19th July.
    There you go.

I expect if we have signed up to something starting July 19 we need to put a system in place so people can avail of this document/app...

I expect if we have signed up to something starting July 19 we need to put a system in place so people can avail of this document/app...

A €100, 000,000 is being dished out by the EU to get things up and running according to the same report.

Yes, it's being worked on, it'll be available between the 01st and the 19th July.

You no doubt still have a problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plastik90

That's when the EU Cert is launched, but what about for essential travel now?

Yes, it's being worked on, it'll be available between the 01st and the 19th July.

You no doubt still have a problem :)

Well i think most people that want to go abroad have a problem as it will take time for this to roll-out considering all the info on HSE system.
    Its a pity it cannot be confirmed earlier as people could plan ahead.
    I read yesterday countries are accepting the details on NHS travelling from the UK...

No info available for now, however a couple I know who are off to Spain the end of June have laminated their two vaccine cards and are taking them with them.

A €100, 000,000 is being dished out by the EU to get things up and running according to the same report.

I think we should have being told how is going to work as we were dflagged well in advance of the vaccines.
    People need to be kept informed and saying something be available in nearly 2 months not the way to go...

Well i think most people that want to go abroad have a problem as it will take time for this to roll-out considering all the info on HSE system.
    Its a pity it cannot be confirmed earlier as people could plan ahead.
    I read yesterday countries are accepting the details on NHS travelling from the UK...

Lol

Plan ahead using 19th July.
    Book PCR test with boots or someone at an appropriate time in advance of your trip.

Essential travel is grand... Off you go subject to entry requirements of wherever you are going and quarantine upon your return as appropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

No info available for now, however a couple I know who are off to Spain the end of June have laminated their two vaccine cards and are taking them with them.

Yeah that will work ...:rolleyes:

Lol

Plan ahead using 19th July.
    Book PCR test with boots or someone at an appropriate time in advance of your trip.

By doing that we accept the plan is not going to work..
    You may very well be correct...

TimHorton wrote: »
    Yeah that will work ...:rolleyes:

Yep. Won't affect me. I'm off in Sept so should have the correct one by then hopefully.

By doing that we accept the plan is not going to work..
    You may very well be correct...

what are you on about?
    Obviously if you are vaccinated or if you've had covid you don't need a PCR test.
    I've full confidence in the plan working........ I'm waiting until after the 19th to travel as I've vaccinated but don't want to go the PCT, quarantine route etc now.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭headtheball14

Skippette wrote: »
    local pharmacy to me is providing PCR tests for travel with the results going to an app called Health Passport Europe.

The company Health Passport Europe/Ireland/Worldwide is well worth reading up on .
    Deal for unusable ventilators went ahead despite red flags
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40208102.html

Not sure I would be confident relying on them if I was about to book a trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

The company Health Passport Europe/Ireland/Worldwide is well worth reading up on .
    Deal for unusable ventilators went ahead despite red flags
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40208102.html

Thanks for that. The local pharmacy uses a company that can in turn send the results to the app. I would assume that if a new national app was launched to show covid status that they in turn would use them. I do not think the local pharmacy has any connection to the CEO of Roqu but I can't say for sure.

I'm sure it will be ironed out over the next few weeks, if not I can arrange an alternative test provider for the kids!

Their app works very well.
    Once the HSE pass on the data to them it'll be great if that is the option the HSE are going with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Have just been on a work call with someone in Spain. He reckons the outdoor masks will be gone in the next month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

A couple of...
    p01h596k.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭kindalen

My parents were advised by GP not to laminate the cards, as booster shots might need be added in a few months.

Advertisement