Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can we fly to Spain.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

kenkin wrote: »
    Since when will Spain accept an antigen test

Fly from Belfast, you wont beed to take a test at all, coming back to Belfast juat say you are going to Dublin or wherever it is here you sre from and you wont ned to isolate.

you'll be left waiting for these charlatans here to open up air travel.

https://news.sky.com/story/spain-to-allow-visitors-from-uk-for-holidays-from-monday-12312533

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Fly from Belfast, you wont beed to take a test at all, coming back to Belfast juat say you are going to Dublin or wherever it is here you sre from and you wont ned to isolate.

you'll be left waiting for these charlatans here to open up air travel.

https://news.sky.com/story/spain-to-allow-visitors-from-uk-for-holidays-from-monday-12312533

According to this info i got this morn the above is not correct...

Testing requirements

All passengers (excluding children under the age of 6 years old) travelling to Spanish airports and ports from ‘risk’ countries (as determined by the European Centre for Disease Prevention & Control) are required to present a negative PCR, TMA (Transcription-Mediated Amplification) or a LAMP (Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification) swab test taken within no more than 72 hours prior to arrival. Passengers arriving from the UK are currently subject to this requirement.

According to this info i got this morn the above is not correct...

Testing requirements

All passengers (excluding children under the age of 6 years old) travelling to Spanish airports and ports from ‘risk’ countries (as determined by the European Centre for Disease Prevention & Control) are required to present a negative PCR, TMA (Transcription-Mediated Amplification) or a LAMP (Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification) swab test taken within no more than 72 hours prior to arrival. Passengers arriving from the UK are currently subject to this requirement.

well sky news must be wrong then,or they havent updated that website link you posted.

well sky news must be wrong then,or they havent updated that website link you posted.

On checking again you are correct...
    Just check on the link "risk countries"in my post and all info there on a PDF down the page...

I only discovered after i posted that UK are in the exempt countries as this just changed this morn and i never checked third countries before i posted...
    However i am thinking this is just for UK passport holders but oi am open to correction.
    I seen a guy with a UK passport being quizzed at Malaga Airport arriving from Dublin before we were on the RED list..
    I did not wait for result but he was being quizzed.

It will likely become clear in the coming days...

On checking again you are correct...
    Just check on the link "risk countries"in my post and all info there on a PDF down the page...

I only discovered after i posted that UK are in the exempt countries as this just changed this morn and i never checked third countries before i posted...
    However i am thinking this is just for UK passport holders but oi am open to correction.
    I seen a guy with a UK passport being quizzed at Malaga Airport arriving from Dublin before we were on the RED list..
    I did not wait for result but he was being quizzed.

It will likely become clear in the coming days...

Spain here we come :D

• Advertisement

Spain here we come :D

I think only for persons with UK passports??

I think only for persons with UK passports??

i doubt it mate, unless i missed something? Spain are mad to get tourists back after the huge losses they have made.

i know someone who went to Malaga not so long ago, just a PCR test required at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Does anyone know if Spain will be dropping the PCR requirement later in summer if a person is vaccinated? Even if the digital pass is introduced by August, it doesn't mean it's hassle-free entry, as far as I can see.

i doubt it mate, unless i missed something? Spain are mad to get tourists back after the huge losses they have made.

i know someone who went to Malaga not so long ago, just a PCR test required at the time.

As i said earlier i seen a guy with UK passport being quizzed on a flight from Dublin December (i think) before we became high risk which was in Jan.
    He pushed his way past me as i was bringing the info up.
    When they scanned they pulled him aside as it turned red and went x.
    When mine was scanned it said correct ans went green.
    That's all i know but we will find out here soon i expect.
    Belfast would work for me...

Rasmus wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Spain will be dropping the PCR requirement later in summer if a person is vaccinated? Even if the digital pass is introduced by August, it doesn't mean it's hassle-free entry, as far as I can see.

https://www.thejournal.ie/eu-covid-travel-certificate-5443377-May2021/

• Advertisement

Rasmus wrote: »

of course, they are desperate to get tourists back, the only problem are the absolute charlatans in government here, not to mentuon over zealous lunatics , pathlogical liars NPHET dragging this out for as long as posisble.

As i said earlier i seen a guy with UK passport being quizzed on a flight from Dublin December (i think) before we became high risk which was in Jan.
    He pushed his way past me as i was bringing the info up.
    When they scanned they pulled him aside as it turned red and went x.
    When mine was scanned it said correct ans went green.
    That's all i know but we will find out here soon i expect.
    Belfast would work for me...

I've taken numerous flights to and from Belfast and will again next week,never any isues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

of course, they are desperate to get tourists back, the only problem are the absolute charlatans in government here, not to mentuon over zealous lunatics , pathlogical liars NPHET dragging this out for as long as posisble.

Hopefully. When the pass comes into use, EU countries have been asked not to impose additional travel restrictions (including testing) unless necessary to protect public health.  Member states will still have the right to request tests on entry - whether Spain will or not is the question though.. hopefully they'll be more eager to encourage tourism.

I've taken numerous flights to and from Belfast and will again next week,never any isues at all.

There has not been a flight from Belfast to Malaga since Dec... starting back next week, i am assuming from your comment you have travelled recently?

Can i ask what is needed on arrival with Irl passport, my trip is not important enough to have being getting tested out and again for return...

With regard to your comment as to what's happening here, the problem is in my view there is no joined-up thinking and we make it up as we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,221 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Spain says come one, come all once vaccinated from June 7, finally some sense...
    "From June 7, all vaccinated people and their families will be welcome in our country, Spain, regardless of their country of origin," Mr Sanchez said at an international tourism fair in Madrid.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0521/1222975-world-covid/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

With regard to your comment as to what's happening here, the problem is in my view there is no joined-up thinking and we make it up as we go.

I think you are being far to kind to the people who are responsible for policy.

Among other things they seem to be devoid of ambition and incapable of grasping the concepts of risk management

W.W. laid it out clearly at a recent oireachtas committee meeting.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/oireachtas-tv/video-archive/committees/4228/

0lddog wrote: »
    I think you are being far to kind to the people who are responsible for policy.

Among other things they seem to be devoid of ambition and incapable of grasping the concepts of risk management

W.W. laid it out clearly at a recent oireachtas committee meeting.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/oireachtas-tv/video-archive/committees/4228/

I expect that if what i am reading is correct we will just have to open the borders to Europe.
    This has being going on for over a year and we have no system in place to confirm who got the vaccines.
    So basically Ryanair will be flying passengers one-way...

Spain says come one, come all once vaccinated from June 7, finally some sense...

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0521/1222975-world-covid/

How do you prove you're vaccinated, the thing they give you with batch numbers and dates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,221 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Augeo wrote: »
    How do you prove you're vaccinated, the thing they give you with batch numbers and dates ?

The EU Digital Covid Certificate will be up and running by end of June. I imagine they won't really care if you are spoofing them as their own vulnerable will be vaccinated.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1222934/

Yeah but we mightn't have that for another 6 weeks after that.
    From7th June to when we've the digital thing what's required?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

I have a ROI passport. Can I travel from Belfast to Alicante without a PCR test or is it only UK passport holders who can now travel to Spain without a PCR test

kenkin wrote: »
    I have a ROI passport. Can I travel from Belfast to Alicante without a PCR test or is it only UK passport holders who can now travel to Spain without a PCR test

yes it shouldnt be a problem, theres hundreds of thousands of people up north who have Irish passports.

There has not been a flight from Belfast to Malaga since Dec... starting back next week, i am assuming from your comment you have travelled recently?

Can i ask what is needed on arrival with Irl passport, my trip is not important enough to have being getting tested out and again for return...

havent been to Malaga recently, but i have the UK a good few times and never any issues flying to and from Belfast, in fact i cant even remember seeing any border security in quite sometime.

Looking good for July now..........
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40297949.html

"A pilot programme for a digital cert has been in operation in Ireland since earlier this year, he said, so it could be rolled out within a week of the legislation being approved by the EU.

“We will be ready within a week of the EU legislation.” "

Folks why are you all so concerned about going on holiday as in flying from Dublin, even if the prophets of doom in NPHET get their way and its put back a few months simply drive or get a train or coach to Belfast and fly from there,it's a few more hours but at least you'll all get away on holiday without any issues at all.

I will be likely travelling from Dublin but if need be ill head up to Belfast to fly to Spain, i think lll go for about 5/6 weeks as well, get the fcuk out of this absolute misery dump for a good while and forget about it all,i dont fancy sitting in some beer garden sheltering from the rain either!!

Enjoy your holiday, and stop believing the lies and scaremongering about travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭naufragos123

Folks why are you all so concerned about going on holiday as in flying from Dublin, even if the prophets of doom in NPHET get their way and its put back a few months simply drive or get a train or coach to Belfast and fly from there,it's a few more hours but at least you'll all get away on holiday without any issues at all.

I will be likely travelling from Dublin but if need be ill head up to Belfast to fly to Spain, i think lll go for about 5/6 weeks as well, get the fcuk out of this absolute misery dump for a good while and forget about it all,i dont fancy sitting in some beer garden sheltering from the rain either!!

Enjoy your holiday, and stop believing the lies and scaremongering about travel.

Agree with you Dessie James. The only problem is that for some of us on this rock, Belfast is just too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Whats the best way to get from Dublin to either of the airports in Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

you've been rabbiting on for the last few months about going and yet here you still are.

Folks why are you all so concerned about going on holiday as in flying from Dublin...........

I'm vaccinated and need to go to Austria via Germany as soon as practically possible to close off some business stuff but I'm not going to go until I can fly with the vaccine benefit (ie freely).
    Last I heard you can't fly from UK to Germany die to the Indian variants prevalence in the UK, also no flights that suit me from Belfast to Germany or Austria.

I know I'm in a fly to Spain thread so I'm way off topic admittedly :)

• Advertisement

you've been rabbiting on for the last few months about going and yet here you still are.

Saving up the PUP isn't going too well, bags of cans aren't cheap :pac:

Advertisement